kawaiisofoxy

Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

Did anyone notice the prices are higher this year? Last year the mass one was $12 & now it's $15.

I felt like last years boxes had more to them too? Or maybe I'm totally hallucinating that.

• Like 2

Yeah I feel like that too. Or maybe it's because the products were bigger sizes?

I think last years had more stuff I actually used too, which made a difference.

• Like 1

The CEW Prestige box last year definitely had more products - but a few of them were smaller. I feel like the "extras" that are included are kind of bogus freebies. The Mass box is about on par with last years.

Edited by kawaiimeows

I am waiting to receive my Aug box. I am getting:

LG eyeshadow in sands

Ageless body cream or is it lotion

The shampoo and conditioner

Nugg masks

I was surprise it let you review before you actually get the box. So far I have 249 points. That's pretty good IMO. I am going to save them up until the end of the year.

• Like 2

I am very curious about the butterfly effect mascara because of the wand. So for that reason alone, I am considering getting the mass box. Anyone have any experience with and opinions on this mascara?

I am very curious about the butterfly effect mascara because of the wand. So for that reason alone, I am considering getting the mass box. Anyone have any experience with and opinions on this mascara?

Yeah, it's not so great honestly.  I thought it was still pretty clumpy, and I had to do several swipes to get a full coat.  Every lady's eyes are different, though. It might work for you.

Yeah, it's not so great honestly.  I thought it was still pretty clumpy, and I had to do several swipes to get a full coat.  Every lady's eyes are different, though. It might work for you.

Bummer. That wand looked so unusual. That said, I generally hate mascaras in general, so if this is already a bad formula, I should probably resist the lure of the fancy packaging. Thanks!

I just...caved and got the CEW boxes. If you order both you get $5 off...plus if you spend enough and havent used it you can do Mobile20. So it was really only like 24 for both boxes after codes. 

I enjoyed this mascara, while not my favorite, it's good and easy to use. I've tried the Tarte LCF and found the wand difficult, I thought this brush would be similar, but it was very easy to identify the longer bristles.   

• Like 1

I was so excited about the CEW boxes, but now that I've seen the contents I think I'm going to pass. :(

They do seem to be good values overall.. just not products I think I would actually use (or anything I'm particularly interested in). I really wish I had been around to grab the ones from last year!

• Like 2

The Burt's Bees gloss looks super cute, and I had been meaning to try some keratin.  The prestige box looks pretty meh, but I think I will wait for the unboxing vid to get a better idea about sizes.