New One Direction makeup collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coming in August a new One Direction makeup collection called "THE LOOKS". There will be three "kits" filled with eyeshadow, mascara, lip gloss and lipstick plus other items.

really, okay, am I the only one that thinks, cool, new makeup, but ugh, does it really have to be 1d?

wouldn't mind having a look but, don't think ill buy it.

It's being made by the makers of Wet 'n' Wild - Markwins - however unlike WnW the 1D collection won't be sold in drugstores and instead the kits will be sold in high end stores like Lord & Taylor, Macy's and a few others.

I'm actually slightly excited as well! I dont LOVE 1D but I'm really interested in seeing how this makeup collection turns out!

My friend is in love with them (we're 22 lol) This is kind of ridiculous that a boy band is making a makeup collection, but the teeny boppers, and my friend, will pay whatever for it so of course it was bound to happen. Would like to read reviews when it comes out, maybe it'll be a HG product for some. 

I'm not a fan of the quality of Markwin produced makeup. But since this will be available at mid-range department stores, maybe they've added in something extra. I wonder what the cost will be although I couldn't care less about 1D.

But I'm being sent some samples to review on my blog, so I'll explore all of the options.

The set is valued at $29 or something (which I think is steep) and I'm being sent samples as well and hopefully they're worth that much? I think its the lip glosses that glow under UV lights and the tin that theyre trying to charge so much for, everything else seems pretty standard/normal for a makeup set

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it several of us work with Brandbacker? I'm waiting on my kit as well. I think $29 - if that is the retail price - is too expensive. Via the Wet n Wild line similar kits sell for $9.99 but it's in a cardboard box and doesn't have almost a full face. I think a more reasonable price if the quality is on par with WnW is $15 to $19 but not $29.

I'm not a fan of the quality of Markwin produced makeup. But since this will be available at mid-range department stores, maybe they've added in something extra. I wonder what the cost will be although I couldn't care less about 1D.
I think the only thing that was added was One Direction's name on the label.

I had to read the title of this post like 3 times. I was like.. Wait.. A band is making a makeup collection..? Seems so weird. Maybe it's common and I just have never heard of it.

Yeah, I can pass on this one for sure. I'm sure One Direction knows about as much about makeup as Justin Bieber knows about fragrances. I never quite understood the draw of celebrity-branded fragrances, either.

I am also going to be reviewing samples on my blog. I am looking forward to comparing the quality to Wet n Wild, considering the high price.

I had to read the title of this post like 3 times. I was like.. Wait.. A band is making a makeup collection..? Seems so weird. Maybe it's common and I just have never heard of it.
It's all about marketing to tween & teen girls. When my 15-year-old was told of this makeup line (and she's a huge Directioner) she freaked out and was BEGGING for it. I told her these were suppose to be about $30 each and she continued to beg for all three. So it's just marketing.

The only thing I'm interested in is the lipgloss thats supposed to glow under UV light because I'm thinking its gimmicky and just something to draw in people- like the fact that its one direction and they are preying on young girls love for them. However I would definitely find use for a lipstick that glows in UV light at parties or something but I'm thinking its not going to work because in reality what girl could test that out? Also would it be safe for us to use on our lips since we end up eating half the lipstick on our lips? Also I don't like how its in a set- this is how you know its a gimmick. I dont think I'm going to care for the other products because they're in colors I wouldn't personally use but I did see things like lip gloss and lipstick that I liked and I can't justify buying the whole set just for that. I liked the collection they released in the UK much better, it was at a better price point and sold seperately. 

I got my kit today in up all night which is the blue themed party one, and most of the shadows are silky smooth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had trouble with the cream shadow and glitter ones but they are beautifully pigmented! I'm still not sure I would pay $29 for this but everything is pretty pigmented

I got my kit today in up all night which is the blue themed party one, and most of the shadows are silky smooth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had trouble with the cream shadow and glitter ones but they are beautifully pigmented! I'm still not sure I would pay $29 for this but everything is pretty pigmented
I received that one too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be using it today so let's see how this goes... haha

Why would one direction make makeup o_o I mean... why... I can somewhat understand like "get the glow like beyounce" or "get lips like angelina jolie" but in all honesty I do NOT want to look like any 1d member xD..

Latest posts

Back