oh yeah, deal wise it would be great for that purpose! and i'm sure you'd be able to trade dupes (especially the melted) for any BB or other sub items you may want later

Exactly ;)

I'm glad they were able to move the shipping up a bit this month.  The site says shipping starts August 5, so less than 2 weeks!

I'm glad they were able to move the shipping up a bit this month.  The site says shipping starts August 5, so less than 2 weeks!

Thats cool. Especially since their shipping tends to be super fast!

in the past, shipping has been the first Friday of the month - I think it was just late in July since the first Friday was a holiday =)

I'm a bit confused. If I subscribe right now, will I get the July or August box? I don't want the July box, I want the August box.

I know they use to have a cutoff before the rebranding, but I'm confused by their FAQ right now. I also read on a blog that they would ship the same month's box, so I dunno.

Does anyone know?

Thanks for the help!

I went through the checkout process and it said August 5th, so that answers my question. :)

Edited by LadyManah

I'm a bit confused. If I subscribe right now, will I get the July or August box? I don't want the July box, I want the August box.

I know they use to have a cutoff before the rebranding, but I'm confused by their FAQ right now. I also read on a blog that they would ship the same month's box, so I dunno.

Does anyone know?

Thanks for the help!

Per their Facebook page, you would get the August box.

I am so excited for this, Oribe is awesome. I have one of their shampoos and the texturizing spray that came in the Neiman Marcus PopSugar box and both are Holy grails!

Oribe is a HG brand for me, even more than my beloved Bumble and Bumble. It's such an LA story as to how I got introduced to this brand, but basically a well known singer my boyfriend is friends with swears by the Dry Texturizing spray and so I tried it once and was instantly obsessed, it's like dry shampoo on steroids. 

I have the Apres Beach, and Thick Dry finishing spray, and Dry Texturizing spray. 

All are amazing. 

that alone would have been enough to me to sub, the melted lipstick was just sugar on top, I can't wait to see what the other products are!

• Like 4

Swatched the melted today at Sephora and this color just wont work for me =(

Signed up for the monthly :) first time subscriber unless you count the wonderful box sales beautybar has had before. Ended up dropping 3 of my BB accounts because of the change in giftcard policy.

• Like 1

Aww, bummer. :( Too bad they don't seem to be having any variations!

• Like 1

From looking at swatches online, it's not going to work for me either.  However, I'm wondering if I could possibly use it to lighten or darken other things I have.  I'm hoping I might be able to work with it.

I think it's a workable/bendable, it was so thick (not really thick but...) I think it would have to be the base and then add to it.  

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the future boxes will have color variations like the July one, or will everyone will get the same color?

There will be variations for some things, but for the two specific items spoilered so far, we know there are no variations because they stated everyone gets the same things on those.  We knew that the July gloss and polish had variations because they said so in those spoilers.  They did specifically say this on Facebook:

Right now we are having one consistent box (same products, but with shade variations). As we grow, we expect to have variations of boxes again.

So *this time*, everyone gets the same shade for spoiler #2.  But if spoiler #3 is, say, hand cream/shower gel or eyeliner/blush, there might be different scents/shades.

Question for everyone who's been subscribed for a while: Do you use your 10% discount coupon code?  What types of items would you tend to buy at Beauty Bar rather than somewhere else?

Question for everyone who's been subscribed for a while: Do you use your 10% discount coupon code? What types of items would you tend to buy at Beauty Bar rather than somewhere else?

In being subbed to Sample Society for about two years, I've never used the sample society code. Beauty Bar usually sends out emails with better codes throughout the year, so I have used one of those.

ETA: the product I purchased in that order was a Diptyque fragrance. Diptyque is only sold in high end stores, so otherwise finding a discount on it is pretty slim.

Edited by Jennifer Leigh

Question for everyone who's been subscribed for a while: Do you use your 10% discount coupon code? What types of items would you tend to buy at Beauty Bar rather than somewhere else?

I tend to use things like that to get a discount on "basics" I use that don't usually go on sale, actual sale items or items that have a nice GWP that might be good as a swap item, Secret Santa gift or gift for a family member.

There was a sale on a 2 pack of Beauty Blenders, so I picked a set up. My mom's birthday is at the end of August, so I got an on-sale hand cream for her. Then I just sorted sale items by price to see what was the best deal and found some pretty Caspari tissue paper for Christmas to round it to $50.

Annnnnd I am resubbed for this month. I am all for the Oribe spoiler. I already have Peony from the beauty.com GWP so I'll either trade it or perhaps eventually use it. 

• Like 1

thinking about dumping ipsy for Sample Society...any input would be appreciated.  I have had Ipsy for 15m and its lost its luster...

thanks

thinking about dumping ipsy for Sample Society...any input would be appreciated.  I have had Ipsy for 15m and its lost its luster...

thanks

The new SS is seeming great so far!  I may decide to dump ipsy too, but if I had to choose, based on last month's box and this month's spoilers, I would choose SS.  I like their shipping and customer service better too.

I sub to both, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with Sample Society. It's a bit hard to tell how things are going to pan out for Sample Society at the moment since they were just taken over by Allure, but their last box was very promising. 

Also, Be a Bombshell is going to be on Hautelook on Wednesday if you're going through ipsy withdrawals.  :P

• Like 8

thanks

I did and Im much happier

thanks

I haven't decided yet. I'm thinking of giving it another month or two, but honestly if I get any more crapola that smells like a plastic seatcover in an aging taxicab in high summer, I'll give up on Ipsy for good. One would think that Michelle Phan would carry the kind of weight that can bring in more and better brands, and we wouldn't be getting The Dreaded L-Things so many times in a year.

• Like 2

I haven't decided yet. I'm thinking of giving it another month or two, but honestly if I get any more crapola that smells like a plastic seatcover in an aging taxicab in high summer, I'll give up on Ipsy for good. One would think that Michelle Phan would carry the kind of weight that can bring in more and better brands, and we wouldn't be getting The Dreaded L-Things so many times in a year.

Instead of Michelle Phan picking out things that she really does like, it seems she just endorses whatever they get for the bags. It doesn't feel honest to me, and it makes me think less of her brand and Ipsy. If I wasn't on a no buy, I would totally dump Ipsy for SS, but it seems I'll just be dumping Ipsy instead.

• Like 3