What fandoms are you in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good way to find your forum soul mates...through our fandoms! List what fandoms you're in and find that soul mate!

Mine:

ACNL

Hiddlestoners

Monster High

Pacific Rim (OMGLWEJRIWAJL!!!)

Tiny Ball Lovers (Guerlain Meteorite Addicts)

Legend of Zelda

Pokemon

The Dark Knight - Batman

Hmm. I'll probably have to add to this list as more come to mind.

But here's what I thought of for now:

1. Attack on Titan - I swear, this one's bordering on unhealthy
  2. Bates Motel - Our sad, wee, little group of fans
  3. Pacific Rim - I have buttons of both of the Russians on my backpack
  4. LoTR - My one, true fandom. It's like a family member at this point.
  5. Studio Ghibli films - Especially Howl's Moving Castle
And then I'm in and out of other fandoms. Stuff I love (or have loved), but might not follow regularly: Current Marvel Cineverse (I have some Cap buttons next to those Russians!), Harry Potter (Got some of those buttons too), Hannibal, Narnia, AtLA and LoK (Wow. I have buttons for a lot of things), various Disney films, and novels.

Large Fandoms:

Fairy Tail

Free!

FFVII

Small Fandoms:

GANGSTA.

Nanatsu no Taizai

Former Fandoms:

Bleach

Angel: The Series

Xena: Warrior Princess

X-Men

I really, really don't watch a lot of television or movies so there are a lot of Western fandoms that I am just not involved in. I will, however, love both Angel and Xena until my dying day and would still be active in those fandoms if they were anywhere the size they used to be.

Anyone remember CFAN? That was where I was at during my X-Men and Marvel fandom days.

Oh man, here we go.

Video Games

• Pokemon
  • Mass Effect
  • Dragon Age
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Dark Souls
Shows/Anime/

• Attack on Titan
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer
  • Sherlock
  • Star Trek
Comics/Misc/Cartoon

• Marvel (X-men and WOLVERINE)
  • DC (Especially Justice League and WONDER WOMAN)
That's just a few things that I actively obsess over currently. There are way more things that I'm into though.

I forgot to mention Firefly. Oh, Firefly! Recent comic-con news reminded me. We're getting a game! With the whole cast! It looks pretty awful...

But I don't care!

@Dashery- Bates Motel fan here! *Raises hand*

My fandoms: 

• Broadway
  • Les Mis
  • Tveiter Tots
  • Harry Potter
  • LOTR
  • Big Brother
  • Dance Moms
  • Game of Thrones (Just the show, not ASOIAF)
  • Artemis Fowl (a fandom which hasn't seen the light of day in 10+ years)

My list, off the top of my head.

Anything written by Andrew Vachss

Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosiverse

GoT (show AND books)

LoTR

Various tabletop RPGs

Batman

Star Trek/Star Wars, natch (not a raving fangirl, here, just enjoy 'em a lot)

X-Files, still. Probably always. 

Chi's Sweet Home (because OMGCUTE)

Dexter (I am pretending the last season never happened.)

...probably more that are escaping my mind atm too.

I USED to like True Blood... before it not only jumped the shark but danced the Mashed Potatoes on said shark's dorsal fin. 

@@gingerneko OH, huge Bujold fan here! I've read all of her books - one of my faves of all time! Love the Vorkosigan Saga!
Forward momentum! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I get the feeling that with the last two books (Cryoburn and Captain Vorpatril's Alliance) she's coming to the end of the series -- which is heartbreaking in one sense, but also satisfying in another. I can appreciate when characters reach their story's end in a way that fits everything that's happened up to that point. 

I honestly liked having Ivan as a POV character in the last one, also. It's easy to see how he got overlooked in Miles' wake, but it was nice to get to see him as the hero. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@gingerneko I agree, totally, with both assessments. Although, honestly, I found Cryoburn a little difficult to get through. Captain Vorpatril's Alliance was much better, but then I've always loved Ivan as POV character (A Civil Campaign is tied for favorite of the series, if you count Cordelia's Honor. If you don't count that, then A Civil Campaign is my fave. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

But I also love her fantasy, so I wouldn't be sad if she turned her eye to more of that. The only series that didn't resonate with me was The Sharing Knife - I loved the first book, but I could never get through the others.

@@gingerneko I agree, totally, with both assessments. Although, honestly, I found Cryoburn a little difficult to get through. Captain Vorpatril's Alliance was much better, but then I've always loved Ivan as POV character (A Civil Campaign is tied for favorite of the series, if you count Cordelia's Honor. If you don't count that, then A Civil Campaign is my fave. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

But I also love her fantasy, so I wouldn't be sad if she turned her eye to more of that. The only series that didn't resonate with me was The Sharing Knife - I loved the first book, but I could never get through the others.
Cryoburn was probably the least enjoyable Vorkosigan book IMO, which still makes it about a million times better than almost anything else. 

CVA had some weirdness here and there re: characterization (I felt Tej went from competent and strong to... kind of wet-noodle-ish), but overall, I really enjoyed it. I've always had a soft spot for That Lazy Womanizing Idiot Ivan. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Your two favorites are mine also, though I'd put Cordelia's Honor over A Civil Campaign just because I'm a massive Cordelia/Aral fangirl. 

I didn't really find that The Sharing Knife grabbed me either, and for a Bujold book not to make me greedily devour it in a day is highly unusual, to say the least. I loved the Chalion books, though. Loved. Ista is just plain amazing in terms of depth and interest. 

Oh this is fun! Right, now:

• Teen Wolf
  • X-men
  • Inception
  • Pokemon
  • James Bond
  • Super Junior

With some of those getting more love than others. If I listed all the past fandoms I'm super done with, I'd be here all day...

I've been thinking about getting into Free! though. I have lots of friends who started watching it. I'm mostly waiting to find time to marathon it with the bestie

My list, off the top of my head.

Anything written by Andrew Vachss

Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosiverse

GoT (show AND books)

LoTR

Various tabletop RPGs

Batman

Star Trek/Star Wars, natch (not a raving fangirl, here, just enjoy 'em a lot)

X-Files, still. Probably always. 

Chi's Sweet Home (because OMGCUTE)

Dexter (I am pretending the last season never happened.)

...probably more that are escaping my mind atm too.

I USED to like True Blood... before it not only jumped the shark but danced the Mashed Potatoes on said shark's dorsal fin. 
I seriously loved Dexter. I'm having trouble deciding just where the "pretend it never happened" point happened.

Honestly, I think I liked the books better. Maybe after Trinity is the good cutoff point...
I wouldn't argue with that. Ending it there would have probably made Dexter on the "Best Ever Finales" list instead of rounding out every single "Worst" list ever!! I haven't read the books yet but they are at the top of my reading list for when I graduate in December and actually might have free time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't argue with that. Ending it there would have probably made Dexter on the "Best Ever Finales" list instead of rounding out every single "Worst" list ever!! I haven't read the books yet but they are at the top of my reading list for when I graduate in December and actually might have free time. 
The character in the books is a little 'smoother' socially, and he is deliciously snarky in his internal monologue. The narrative is so much a part of it. The show duplicated it to some extent with the VO, but I love the book narrative more. Of course, I still loved the show... until it performed shark-robatics around the time of the end of the Trinity storyline.

1. Hetalia!!!!!! I thought my Hetalia phase was over but apparently it's ride or die. It always comes back.

2. To a certain degree, Homestuck (I like some fanworks but don't go to meetups or contribute to the fandom). But you might have guessed that from my username!
3. Star Trek
5. Free!

6.Orange is the New Black

1. Hetalia!!!!!! I thought my Hetalia phase was over but apparently it's ride or die. It always comes back.

2. To a certain degree, Homestuck (I like some fanworks but don't go to meetups or contribute to the fandom). But you might have guessed that from my username!

3. Star Trek

5. Free!

6.Orange is the New Black
Ugh, I am secretly a Free! fangirl, LOL. Last summer I was all about RinHaru but this year I am loving RinSou and so have to fall back on the old standby of HaruMako. :lol:   Like, don't even get me started those hot swimmers are my secret obsession. And since I am a multi-shipper I can pretty much ship anyone with everyone, so I am always excited. :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Free! has been on my to watch list and finally over my vacation my friend got me to marathon the first season over low evenings.

Kekeke makoto-senpai~~~ (says the girl who is definitely much older than him). I just want to touch his broad shoulders *g*

I'm so delighted by all the really painfully teasing sights of them passing by the ocean, walking together in the sunset, filled with ust-fueled silences... Kyaaaa.

A lot of my good friends are getting into sports anime but even with free! I'm having a hard time really getting into it. I think it's because my one true love sports anime will always be Prince of Tennis and right now I'm super into football/soccer and there's just no actively going on series about it :C though being a soccer fan is so tedious. Grown men catfighting online lol. This is why I will always laugh at any man who say women are emotional and unreasonable

Free! has been on my to watch list and finally over my vacation my friend got me to marathon the first season over low evenings.

Kekeke makoto-senpai~~~ (says the girl who is definitely much older than him). I just want to touch his broad shoulders *g*
Oh my applesauce, I have a little Makato figurine and it is about the cutest thing ever! :wub:   I remember watching the show when it first came out, and slowly watching the fandom fall in love with him. 

Latest posts

Back