What do you want to see more/less of in BB?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking that we might be able to give some ideas/input to BB on how to improve our satisfaction with the samples we get with a discussion here. I think the change with GCs shows they pay attention to fora like this one, so perhaps we can use it to our advantage!

Brands I'd love to see:

• Soap & Glory. Love their stuff. 
  • Indie eyeshadows from various brands
  • It Cosmetics, pretty pretty please
  • Bite Beauty, ditto above
  • Hada Labo - I keep hearing it's awesome for the price

Give me more:

• Tarte
  • Too Faced - just about anything from them
  • UD that isn't $^#@ mascara or black eyeliner
  • Bare Minerals
  • Laura Geller. Haven't found anything of hers I've disliked yet.
  • Pacifica, especially body washes. Their makeup pretty much sucks rocks IME but their body products are awesome. 
  • Elizabeth Mott
  • TheBalm
  • Cargo (I like their primers, shadows and blushes a lot. Mascara, not so much.)
  • Combination products like Josie Maran cheek gelees or Tarte cheek stains
  • Options for bath products (opt-out like perfume, perhaps)
  • Mascara primers, waterproofing primers or the like, setting sprays
  • Brushes and tools!

Spare me:

• Pop Beauty. Just... yuck.
  • Supergoop - yeah, I use almost everything I get from them, but I'd like more variety!
  • Buxom. One of the worst lipsticks I've ever used.
  • Heavily-floral perfumes. They give me headaches from hell.
  • Black mascara, really really nude lippies, smelly lip products in general, and $&%* black eyeliners
  • Vitamins

BB Plus items I would love to see:

• Z Palettes or similar customizable palettes with a custom BB design (I'd love to see it in the standard BB Kraft-paper color with the logo!)
  • Something like the iSkelter Beauty Station: 
b319c52135cb1ddee523a6a608cbdc7e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woud love to see...

- Sheet masks! (like from My Beauty Diary)

- IT Cosemtics

- Butter London

Give Me More...

- Urban Decay (would love to see the Naked Palettes on here)

- Skyn Iceland

I meant the samples, myself. I would love to try some of their other products but I really don't want to lay out that kind of money for a powder fdtn I may hate, frex.

Ughhh May Lindstrom and Ilia! Especially the former... so expensive so id love to supplement with points!

Stuff I'd love to see: second on the Tarte, Too Faced and Laura Geller, three of my big favorites! Stila, as long as it's not the Beso lip color I received three times in six months. And while I realize it's unrealstic to expect all makeup all the time, I'd like to see just a little more. And by that I mean something not a black liner or mascara (mascara in subs has been my pet peeve for a long time--it's like they're saying, "What do you mean you never see makeup? We've sent you five mascaras this year!") I'd be less likely to think a box containing laundry soap is a punishment box if they dialed it up on the variety a bit. Also I would like to see more bath products, especially bath salts, fizzers, or bubbles, as well as good scented soap. I'd like to try one of the cleansing oils that the whole world seems to be talking about, as well as a good mattifying primer and setting powder.

Enough already: Be a Bombshell, although this is an Ipsy thing and I'd want to slap the stupid out of Birchbox if they ever carried it. The aforementioned black mascara and liner; food, I don't get much use out of the typically high sugar and carb stuff they send, unless it's something like a Kind bar that's low on the glycemic index, so many boxes with food end up having a poor value for me. Purlisse, Coola, and especially Cotz, I've had it up to my eyeballs with them as well. And Alterna. For the love of God, enough Alterna.

PLEASE:

-Sugarpill

-ILIA

-By Terry

-Paul & Joe

-Anna Sui

-Kevin Aucoin

-Ciate

-Bite Beauty

-NUXE

-La Roche Posay

-MAKE

-Bar Soaps!

NO MORE:

-Coola

-Be A Bombshell

-Beauty Protector

-Color Club

-POP Beauty

I have a list of "no's"...

Black eyeliner...two in 6 months, the only color I don't wear.

Sunscreen...there was this one month I didn't get any...

Perfume....4 months in a row of perfume, seriously?!?

Otherwise I'm good. I don't get much food, I'd actually love to try the teas. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this though.

My only issue with the tea is that I received it three months in a row. It was good-quality tea but I thought three months straight was WAY too much. It's like perfume, I like getting it but not every month (especially not after they sent Taylor Swift's out one time, I try to avoid celebrity brands on general principle!)

I TOO WANT:

Tarte 

Butter London

Soap & Glory

Urban Decay

(I saw all of these listed above & have to agree.  I can't believe I missed when they had Tarte.)

WANT MORE OF SAMPLES & IN THE SHOP:

Food - my kids are overjoyed when food arrives in a trade or sub box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jewelry

Suki

Claudalie

Beauty Protector

The Balm

DON'T WANT:

Pop Beauty 

Gilchrist & Soames

No. 4

Sunscreen of any kind

Black eyeliner of any kind

It was off-putting to me to get Gilchrist & Soames. It felt like someone had raided a housekeeper's cart at a Holiday Inn. I see stuff like this at Big Lots and The Christmas Tree Shop, so seeing it in a box supposedly promoting deluxe living seems kind of a cop-out.

What I would like to see more of? Pecksniff's bath products. I found a tank of Grapefruit-Citron shower gel at TJ Maxx that is superb quality, and I know it's kind of a crapshoot in there to begin with.

It was off-putting to me to get Gilchrist & Soames. It felt like someone had raided a housekeeper's cart at a Holiday Inn. I see stuff like this at Big Lots and The Christmas Tree Shop, so seeing it in a box supposedly promoting deluxe living seems kind of a cop-out.

What I would like to see more of? Pecksniff's bath products. I found a tank of Grapefruit-Citron shower gel at TJ Maxx that is superb quality, and I know it's kind of a crapshoot in there to begin with.
OMG, Pecksniffs, Yes! I'm on my 2nd liter of Grapefruit Citron shower gel. I waited months in hopes that TJ Maxx would have it again, and they finally did last week. I also snagged 2 full-size bottles of Grapefruit Citron body oil this time. If Birchbox sold Pecksniff's, I would totally buy it all.

I would love to see more of a rotation of certain things.  Say, three months between a particular product type.  Like if they send out sunscreen or mascara in April, no more sunscreen or mascara until July or August.  I know it's hard given the number of box variations, but, ugh, they tend to rely a little too heavily on certain things.  And no black eyeliner.  I know I picked the Everyday Girl box, so I *will* be getting that black eyeliner, but I picked it because I want the shower gel and exfoliating cleanser.  I'm getting three boxes, so I figured I might as well go for the EG box on one of my accounts.  I'll toss the eyeliner in the swap box or maybe take it to work if I feel like being nice to my coworkers.

I would love to see more shower gel.  I love that stuff.  I've had to ban myself from B&BW because I overshop there.  Or, really, any shower-friendly body cleaner other than bar soap.  It would be fantastic if Birchbox had a foaming scrub like Haus of Gloi's bubbling scrub or Villainess's Smack (Blooddrop used to have one as well, but they seem to have discontinued it).  I don't expect those brands, but it would be great if they had something along those lines that I could blow all of my points on!

I think there might be something wrong with my birchbox subscription... I've been a member for 23 months and I've gotten ONE mascara and ONE black eyeliner!

YES PLEASE - Tarte and Too Faced- and LORAC, now that I can't buy it at Sephora. For existing BB brands, I love getting Beauty Protector, Miss Jessie's,  LAQA, Benefit, and theBalm products.

NO THANK YOU-I'd be fine NEVER getting another Dr. Jart or Jouer BB cream sample ( I think I've gotten 3 dr. jart and 2 jouer, and none of them have been close to the right color), Juicy Couture perfume, or random tiny tube of skin serum.

I would say no more body wash/lotion, but I do always end up using and liking them if they smell good- unlike the serums and BB samples, which just turn into bathroom closet clutter for me! I'd like a little more variety though, I've gotten 1-2 bath/body products in all of my recent boxes. 

I personally love (...hoard) nail polish, but I think it should be like the perfume with a checkoff box in the profile- because some people love it and others never use it. My mom has birchbox and never, ever does her own nails and is very sick of the color clubs. If we are going to get nail polish, I'd love to see butter london or deborah lippman- or ideally an indie (Rainbow Honey?), but I know that's a long shot. 

@@meaganola I'm pretty sure that Benefit liner will be trading GOLD after all the drama that went on with people trying to get the EG box!

Would love to sample:

-Urban Decay

-Kiehls

-Shu Uemura

-Oribe

-More Caudalie 

-More Miss Jessies

-More FRESH

-More NUXE

Would love to STOP receiving:

-Coola

-No. 4

-POP Beauty

-Be A Bombshell

-Color Club

-Evologie

OMG, Pecksniffs, Yes! I'm on my 2nd liter of Grapefruit Citron shower gel. I waited months in hopes that TJ Maxx would have it again, and they finally did last week. I also snagged 2 full-size bottles of Grapefruit Citron body oil this time. If Birchbox sold Pecksniff's, I would totally buy it all.
How do you use the body oil exactly??? I've had this wild hair going on lately to get myself a bottle of SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE! How best to avoid coming out a greaseball?

Back