A Worried Big Sister

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=11pt]My sister recently tried getting drawn on her hand with a henna cone aka. a mehndi cone I believe. She loved it so much that she’s now ordered 12 cones through Ebay, ignoring my 254 warnings. The seller doesn’t give much information about the product; I don’t see any ingredient list. If it’s natural it’s supposed to be fine, but get bad after 24 hours. If it has chemicals added to it for it to stay fresh longer, it can cause some really bad allergic reactions which have sent people to hospitals. Those allergic reactions happen way more often than when people just react bad to a beauty product. I’m actually very worried. She’ll be drawing on her friends as well. She says it’s fine as long as she applies a test to begin with, but I don’t agree. I was hoping someone on here knows more about the cones than I do and can tell me if I have good reason to worry or not..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]These are the ones she ordered: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171385206023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648[/SIZE]

Henna itself is pretty mild, and if it has a chemical preservative in it, it'll probably be nothing different than the preservatives you'd find in most other beauty products. You can always look up the company once you have the cone in hand, but I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about if she's already been exposed to henna cones.

Back