Babs28

Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

My fantastic buddy was @@lastnite629, and she just made my day!

Okay, so here is the box

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

First look inside!

attachicon.gifimage_1.jpeg

YAY Birthday cake M&Ms!

attachicon.gifimage_2.jpeg

GOODIES!

attachicon.gifimage_3.jpeg

Uh oh, Kitty present?!

attachicon.gifimage_4.jpeg

YAY MORSELS!

attachicon.gifimage_5.jpeg

"Huh? Did you say morsels? Um, we LOVE morsels!"

attachicon.gifimage_6.jpeg

Om nom nom

attachicon.gifimage_7.jpeg

"Hey Ma! Give up the morsels!"

attachicon.gifimage_8.jpeg

Okay, back to my stuff!

attachicon.gifimage_9.jpeg

I totally dont have this book, and I havent read it, so yay for something new!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_10.jpeg

I love the cupcake bags!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_11.jpeg

OMG I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Stila blush that changes to your skin, and it is EXACTLY the one I wanted!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_12.jpeg

Brushes!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_13.jpeg

Seriously, she paid close attention

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_14.jpeg

I'm looking forward to trying this primer tomorrow morning!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_15.jpeg

More cupcake bag!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_16.jpeg

Goodies inside

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_17.jpeg

Local Appalachian salt and Essie Cute as a Button (which I have wanted for AGES!) I cant wait to use the salt!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_18.jpeg

Yay, my own birchbox!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_19.jpeg

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_20.jpeg

Okay, she said she was nervous about this...

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_21.jpeg

And I dont know why! Its the softest, prettiest pink fluffy scarf! I love it!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_22.jpeg

All of my goodies together!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/MakeupTalk_Mobile2/attachicon.gif image_23.jpeg

Thank you SO SO SO much!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOX :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

OMG I need to find those cat treats! And you are super cute in that scarf!

• Like 2

Amazing reveals so far!! I'm mailing my package on Wednesday probably...a little late in the shipping window, but it helps spread out the awesomeness of reveals, no? :) 

@@sstich79 too bad about the blush! I don't know if you're a Birchbox subscriber or not but those custom color blushes are in the shop, should have points to spend and want to replace it. I'm not sure how custom it really is, but I do like mine. 

Thanks for the tip, @@jayeme! I'm actually about to place my very first BB order once I get to review my August items for those points, so I'll have to check them out. I need more blush like I need a hole in the head, but it did look awfully pretty!

OMG I need to find those cat treats! And you are super cute in that scarf!

I found the cat treats at Wal-Mart.  They were on an end cap so they may be fairly new.  I should have probably grabbed a bag for my cat.  :lol:

• Like 1

@  Glad you liked everything! I had a blast stalking you...In fact I'd been stalking you prior to the thread, your instagram is amazing.

The garlic is from "the garlic guy" a farmer in Los Olivos (near Solvang), he's a character who grows 50+ types of heirloom garlic. If anyone is ever in the area the town is really cool spot for foodies and drunks...oh I mean wine and beer enthusiasts. 

Thank you to my awesome roadies @christaw & @@trekkersangel, you gals were so helpful!! And big thanks to @@dancersmum and @@Babs28 for always letting me bounce ideas off you!

• Like 8

Okay, it's official...I need to learn how to make something, anything before Secret Santa.  I think all of these personally made gifts are my favorite.  @@SaraP you did personally make that Kate Spade necklace, right  :smilehappyyes:

I really feel bad that my buddy won't be getting anything as lovely and personal.  And I am so grateful to have been a part of this group with all of you that are sharing your talents and spreading the love.  What an amazing, amazing group of women this is.

• Like 9

Okay, it's official...I need to learn how to make something, anything before Secret Santa. I think all of these personally made gifts are my favorite. @@SaraP you did personally make that Kate Spade necklace, right :smilehappyyes:

I really feel bad that my buddy won't be getting anything as lovely and personal. And I am so grateful to have been a part of this group with all of you that are sharing your talents and spreading the love. What an amazing, amazing group of women this is.

Nonsense! Your gift will be awesome for all the personal touches and thought put into it. And you'll get lots of ideas for homemade things once the reveals are over, for Secret Santa!

• Like 4

Yay, my present from @@Kelli was here when I got home from work!  Grr, tonight was not good for a reveal post!  I opened everything and took pictures, and then came the Photobucket uploading.  Slooooow!  I don't have time to edit the photos into a MUT-friendly format (I have to go to bed now since I stayed up *way* too late last night), and the text doesn't make sense without the photos!  I'm going to have to do my reveal post tomorrow in order to do this box of awesome justice. 

(I will say that I'm a bit obsessed with a few of these things already, and I haven't even used them yet!) 

(Spoiler:  My desk at the office will be home to a TokyoMilk Dark Salted Caramel elixir now so I have one nearby when I'm at work.  And, yes, it smells like salted caramel.)

• Like 9

I love the personal touches. This swap has gone above and beyond. I should be sleeping but I am playing on MuT. Ok I am signing off I have to get up in 4 hours.

Okay, it's official...I need to learn how to make something, anything before Secret Santa.  I think all of these personally made gifts are my favorite.  @@SaraP you did personally make that Kate Spade necklace, right  :smilehappyyes:

I really feel bad that my buddy won't be getting anything as lovely and personal.  And I am so grateful to have been a part of this group with all of you that are sharing your talents and spreading the love.  What an amazing, amazing group of women this is.

you are so super thoughtful and very much made my weekend awesome!!!! you don't need to make anything to make it special.   I have a good feeling you person will be over the moon for what ever you got her :) especially since i have an inside scoop!!! 

• Like 2

Yay, my present from @@Kelli was here when I got home from work!  Grr, tonight was not good for a reveal post!  I opened everything and took pictures, and then came the Photobucket uploading.  Slooooow!  I don't have time to edit the photos into a MUT-friendly format (I have to go to bed now since I stayed up *way* too late last night), and the text doesn't make sense without the photos!  I'm going to have to do my reveal post tomorrow in order to do this box of awesome justice. 

(I will say that I'm a bit obsessed with a few of these things already, and I haven't even used them yet!) 

(Spoiler:  My desk at the office will be home to a TokyoMilk Dark Salted Caramel elixir now so I have one nearby when I'm at work.  And, yes, it smells like salted caramel.)

I'm so glad it got to you safe! The tracking was so weird (still on the 4th it was saying "expected delivery date Aug 2nd" lol i was freaking out until yesterday morning when the tracking said it was in your city!)

YAY! I'm glad it smells like salted caramel. It made me salivate a little when I was choosing which to get you :)

I am admittedly MEGA jealous of the Kate Spade (I have a serious KS addiction. Like, its a problem.) SOOO pretty!

Guys, my cats are all about those darn treats.  I think Ada might have eaten about 30 of them last night. She kept roaming around the box looking for them!

• Like 3

I am admittedly MEGA jealous of the Kate Spade (I have a serious KS addiction. Like, its a problem.) SOOO pretty!

Guys, my cats are all about those darn treats.  I think Ada might have eaten about 30 of them last night. She kept roaming around the box looking for them!

That is so funny.  I had another brand of cat treat in my cart the entire time I was at Wal-Mart.  Then I happened to swing back by and saw those.  I stood there debating on which flavor to get for probably 3 minutes. :lol:

• Like 1

Ok give me a moment as I try to get this reveal right. Picks to come from my lovely SwapBuddy woot woot!!!!!! Thanks a million @@lacylei!!!

Edited by Jac13
  • Like 2

post-101280-0-83127500-1407285627_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-83127500-1407285627_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-70229000-1407285662_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-18101900-1407285692_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-57269300-1407285712_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-13303900-1407285744_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-78644700-1407285775_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-71196900-1407285811_thumb.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I feel so BLESSED!!! My swap buddy was @Lacylei. Words can not describe how truly touched and honored I feel. She not only blessed me but my daughters as well. We were all squealing with joy and excitement. She even remembered my birthday! Internet hugs. Lacy was extremely generous and I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here's what my youngest daughter received:

Phillips earbuds

Pixie lip balm

A book yes! Marked-- she is reading it now. She just finished her last book and loves ready.

Thank you, thank you.

My oldest daughter received:

Dr Scholls High Heel insoles- she was just asking for some so this was a welcome surprise.

Pore deep cleansing- def will be used a lot

Green eyeliner by Sephora which is really cute on her

Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgens Clark on cd-- it is a suspense book cd-- this will be shared!

Thank you for including my children in this they were beyond thrilled. I don't know how you knew but you picked the perfect gifts for both of them. THIS truly moved me beyond words.

Part 1

Edited by Jac13
  • Like 6

Part 2

post-101280-0-29251700-1407286039_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-25038000-1407286060_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-87399800-1407286081_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-74588800-1407286104_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-83209000-1407286126_thumb.jpg

post-101280-0-71920300-1407286236_thumb.jpg

NOW!!!! The moment everyone has been waiting for.... MY GIFTS!!!! I am soooo excited.

One of my favorite and stylish villain Cruella De Vil!! I got the elf lookbook! The colors are warm and very pretty. I must admit I have never worn Elf. I am looking forward to creating that will be gorgeous and edgy like Cruella. And... I got lashes!! Yes I love lashes. I only wear them when I am going somewhere special or where I need that extra ump. One pair has rhinestones. I will be wearing these to a wedding this weekend. Yes!

I got this really pretty makeup kit by Afternoon Tea Time. It is my first Fantasy Holic makeup kit. I think I have heard about this somewhere on MuT. I am definitely anxious to try on my lovelies.

I got Dolce and Gabbana in light blue perfume!!! It's a deluxe size. I love Love perfume. I put on perfume to go to bed, yes I love it!!! I don't know if I mention this somewhere but I love this brand. The scents are so elegant and soft.

• Like 8

Part3

post-101280-0-90498000-1407286379_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-32462900-1407286416_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-87762300-1407286446_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-67211600-1407286478_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-93384400-1407286499_thumb.jpg

Guess what ladies?!! Lacy made me my own Aunt Flo emergency kit! I thought that was so clever. This is in my purse as we speak. Love It!! It came with everything I might need including the tea and chocolates, lol.

I just started venturing out into bolder looks. Thanks to @@chelsealady from midnight swap and my generous SwapBuddy @@lacylei I am stockpiled.

I got a pretty purple, pink and yellow waterproof eyeliners

Laqa&co lip lube in purple- I will save this for concerts! Katy Perry I am coming for you, lol.

Baby Lips lip balm- some good stuff

A very pretty Lancôme mini eye palette- this is so perfect for traveling. The colors are so pretty. It was all wrapped in sparkly paper in a pretty fuchsia bag.

I don't know how you knew but I love cherry blossom. The scent smells so good. I will use my shower cream tonight after my bath. I haven't tried the new formula from Bath and Body Works prior to this; loving it.

Another body lotion by Gilchrist & Soames- another nice scent to add

Tocca cleopatra hand cream- very nice. I am in body moisturizing heaven!

Ecotools facial sponge- I have never tried this so def excited to try it out. I love ecotools brand.

Lush face and body cleanser- will use this tonight with my new facial sponge! Love it!

Lait-Creme moisturizer- this is actually very moisturizing. I will keep this lil baby for travel.

Now I should know who my buddy is by the astronaut chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips!! Can't wait to eat this. Never had it so this will be a pleasant surprise. Oh did I mention all my lovelies were in this reusable pink and green shopping bag. Did someone say pink and green, lol. This will get used a lot.

Edited by Jac13
  • Like 9

Part 4

post-101280-0-60211500-1407286713_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-37615500-1407286741_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-03456500-1407286766_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-45405800-1407286789_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-89965700-1407286807_thumb.jpgpost-101280-0-34964700-1407286841_thumb.jpg

Ok as if that was not enough!!!! My SwapBuddy totally totally spoiled me hands down. Now I did say Lacy remembered my birthday. So drum roooollllllsssss!!!!!

MAC wicked eye palette!!! What?!!! Yes!!! My all time favorite LOVE. Now I have the full collection!! Thanks to @@chelsealady and the lovely @@lacylei.

I am sooo done! I was not expecting this. @@lacylei once again, Thank you for you kindness and generousity. I love everything!! You did an amazing job picking out all my lovelies. It's like you know me and my family because our gifts were items that we would have thought to give ourselves. You have made this a wonderful birthday and swap experience. I don't want to be all mushy but I def felt the love and giving spirit. Thank you thank you!!!

Edited by Jac13
  • Like 10

I will come back on edit when I get the correct user name. Don't ya love my gifts!!! I have to get off for a second but I will return. Please SwapBuddy let us all know your username.

Ok I edit to reveal my wonderful SwapBuddy @@lacylei

Edited by Jac13

Hmmm not sure why the pictures are sideways and upside down. If you are able, one of the mods please correct, thanks.