Babs28

Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Part 4

Ok as if that was not enough!!!! My SwapBuddy totally totally spoiled me hands down. Now I did say Lacy remembered my birthday. So drum roooollllllsssss!!!!!

MAC wicked eye palette!!! What?!!! Yes!!! My all time favorite LOVE. Now I have the full collection!! Thanks to @@chelsealady and the lovely Lacy.

I am sooo done! I was not expecting this. Lacy once again. Thank you for you kindness and generousity. I love everything!! You did an amazing job picking out all my lovelies. It's like you know me and my family because our gifts were items that we would have thought to give ourselves. You have made this a wonderful birthday and swap experience. I don't want to be all mushy but I def felt the love and giving spirit. Thank you thank you!!!

I'm glad you got the whole collection. It really is a nice.

• Like 1

@@Jac13 great reveal!! From one villain lover to another that stuff is awesome  :w00t: How sweet that she spoiled your girls too!

Great job @lacylei!

Edited by sarap
  • Like 1

@@lacylei Cass is already on chapter 7. She said the book is really good. So yaaaay for another night without TV and for you encouraging reading.

• Like 5

Hmmm not sure why the pictures are sideways and upside down. If you are able, one of the mods please correct, thanks.

If you're posting from your phone (and from your computer as well, I think), the forum wants to post photos landscape.  Period.  There's no way to change it.  And so I am currently editing my own photos in Photobucket because those *will* post upright as applicable.

the forum wants to post photos landscape.  Period.  There's no way to change it. 

I bet there's an option in the settings the admin can change.  You should see if @@zadidoll can look into that.

I bet there's an option in the settings the admin can change.  You should see if @@zadidoll can look into that.

Unfortunately, nope.  The last I heard, that came down from @Director.

Warning:  Super mega box of awesome from @@Kelli ahead!

0be5f712-da14-4c41-9701-381fbf85bb75_zps

A Spider-Man box, printed without webbing?  @@Kelli fixed that.  There were instructions to open a certain end and read the card first.  You know you're in for a good time when you see *that* sort of thing!

956b1a33-ad88-46e0-9ba9-742902f31e6a_zps

All of the stuff at first glance out of the box.  I got this far last night and decided I needed to take a shower and get something to eat before I could open anything because this was clearly A Project of the very best kind.  (Note: The SMACK! box had ribbon tied around it when I took it out of the shipping box.  Los gatos stole it.)  I got books!  There's a note that was attached to the front of the Dean Koontz book that I moved to the inside for the purpose of the photo.  I love me some horror and thrillers, but I stopped reading Dean Koontz before this one was published (no real reason.  It just... happened), so I haven't read this one yet, and I have read precisely zero Jeffrey Deaver!  The card didn't make it into the photo, but it said (among other things) to read the postcards in the bottoms of the boxes after opening everything in the given box.  Adventure!  (And I feel bad for my recipient because I'm not that creative.)

So.  First up:  Box o' sample goodies! 

9d1c9c40-6b7e-4dee-871c-3c3f9953309c_zps

Funny thing:  I have been wondering whether my hair will embrace Pantene, but I'm not willing to buy a whole bottle of it and find out.  And now I don't have to (and I *know* it loves Clear, so that's extra awesome)!  This box had bottles and packets of shampoo, conditioner, skincare, and body wash.  I forgot to go back and take a picture of it all laid out (I *had* to know what was in the other boxes!), but there are several foils under the bottles!  I love trying stuff out!

Next:  The Nailed It! box, all pretty and painted just for me! 

88c5b090-fa04-43e8-ac5c-8fc78ef4eeed_zps995a32d9-a0d5-4f95-84d3-6bcf54d4f0cd_zps

2470B4C1-2364-4AB2-ACA5-5869BA5C6004_zps

The Maybelline polish is Walk in the Park,  You can't really tell in the photo, but it's green!  Dark, dark, almost black green.  Lovelove*love* dark-almost-black colors, and I somehow didn't have a green one already.  The Sephora X polish is Revolution.  My lighting sucks in the evening, so I can't tell for sure, but I think it's an itty bitty silver glitter, but it also looks like there might be some other glitters in there as well.  I'll have to investigate further this weekend when I can get it under direct sunlight.  And see that mini polish with the white label and blue stuff inside?  IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA NAIL POLISH!  YES!  I couldn't get a good picture between the fading light and my inability to hold the camera still, so take a gander at this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/184931866/captain-america-indie-handmade-nail?ref=shop_home_active_16

I LOVE MARVEL MOVIES.  That is all.  And also *thud*.  (And also:  I know what I'm adding to my etsy wishlist next:  The rest of the comic book polishes!)  THE RED CIRCLES!  CAP'S SHIELD!  DOLPHIN NOISES!  The postcard in the Nailed It box (and, yes, totally nailed it!) explained that @@Kelli had a hard time picking out JUST ONE polish for me because "It was like one big 'OMG! Meagan would love that!' shop."  And she's totally right.  I want them all.

Y'know the silly thing?  I had all of the bottles unwrapped and started to take a picture, and then I realized that there were a couple of packets in there, as well!  They were the nail decals, nail wraps, and mani tools (you can never have too many nail files, nail clippers, or tweezers, and since they all match, these tweezers are now officially my mani tweezers!  I'm constantly realizing I have a cat hair in my wet nails, and I could tug it out if only I had some tweezers nearby.  And now I will!)

Okay.  Whew!  SO MUCH AWESOME.  

But.

Then I remembered the SMACK box!

14cbe456-0cf5-43cb-8ab6-c470bef52cf0_zps16dcdfa9-d9f7-4ff4-9a93-a1c82bfa9b0e_zps
- Revlon Colorburst matte balm in Showy
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Sweetheart
- NYC CityProof in Metropolitan Mauve
- NYC CityProof in Parsons Pink
- NYX Chunky Dunk in Happy Buddha (the postcard says that it was chosen because of the name, not necessarily the color, and I so indeed love the name so much that I will find a way to make it work!)
- tarte Lipsurgence in elite (look at the itty bitty baby Lipsurgence!  So adorable!  I love it!)
- TokyoMilk Dark lip elixir in Salted Caramel (I have one in La Vie en Rose from Secret Santa.  I love it, but I keep forgetting which bag I last left it in, or maybe it's at work, or, oh, crap, maybe I lost it.  Now I can leave one at work since I spend most of my awake time there anyway!  Also:  Salted Caramel.  It will not interfere with the flavor of my morning coffee or mochas.  Perfect!)

So much awesome.  I don't know which one to use first.

Okay!  All d--  No.  Not all done.  
dd0b2bf1-6a9b-4841-9c7c-da9852bd7a93_zps
Notebooks!  I am the Girl of 100 Lists.  Now I have notebooks (Day of the Dead!  I *love* Dia de los Muertos!), notepads, and pens!  And adult Retail Therapy Mad Libs!  And mix cds (currently ripping them to my laptop) with a good chunk of artists I currently listen to and a whole lot I haven't!  And two different blushes!  Josie Maran Pink Escape cheek gelee and 2nd Love cream stick in Flutter.  I'm on a cream blush kick.  I've been eyeing the Maybelline Master Glazes in pink shades, so this is definitely my kind of thing!  And a really cool expandable ponytail holder.  I'm growing my hair out (really, I'm basically just not getting it cut more frequently than once every three months), and it usually goes up in a knot-type thing when I'm at work because I spend too much time messing with it otherwise, and I've been thinking about trying one of these things but hadn't actually bought one yet.  I used it today, and I definitely see more of these in my future! 

So.  There we go!  All of the awesome, and it's ALL MINE!  Thank you thank you thank you!

• Like 13

So glad I checked into this thread after my long work day. Today's reveals were simply amazing! You ladies truly are the best :)

Edited because it's late and I can't spell!

Edited by curlytails
  • Like 2

Warning:  Super mega box of awesome from @@Kelli ahead!

0be5f712-da14-4c41-9701-381fbf85bb75_zps

A Spider-Man box, printed without webbing?  @@Kelli fixed that.  There were instructions to open a certain end and read the card first.  You know you're in for a good time when you see *that* sort of thing!

956b1a33-ad88-46e0-9ba9-742902f31e6a_zps

All of the stuff at first glance out of the box.  I got this far last night and decided I needed to take a shower and get something to eat before I could open anything because this was clearly A Project of the very best kind.  (Note: The SMACK! box had ribbon tied around it when I took it out of the shipping box.  Los gatos stole it.)  I got books!  There's a note that was attached to the front of the Dean Koontz book that I moved to the inside for the purpose of the photo.  I love me some horror and thrillers, but I stopped reading Dean Koontz before this one was published (no real reason.  It just... happened), so I haven't read this one yet, and I have read precisely zero Jeffrey Deaver!  The card didn't make it into the photo, but it said (among other things) to read the postcards in the bottoms of the boxes after opening everything in the given box.  Adventure!  (And I feel bad for my recipient because I'm not that creative.)

So.  First up:  Box o' sample goodies! 

9d1c9c40-6b7e-4dee-871c-3c3f9953309c_zps

Funny thing:  I have been wondering whether my hair will embrace Pantene, but I'm not willing to buy a whole bottle of it and find out.  And now I don't have to (and I *know* it loves Clear, so that's extra awesome)!  This box had bottles and packets of shampoo, conditioner, skincare, and body wash.  I forgot to go back and take a picture of it all laid out (I *had* to know what was in the other boxes!), but there are several foils under the bottles!  I love trying stuff out!

Next:  The Nailed It! box, all pretty and painted just for me! 

88c5b090-fa04-43e8-ac5c-8fc78ef4eeed_zps995a32d9-a0d5-4f95-84d3-6bcf54d4f0cd_zps

2470B4C1-2364-4AB2-ACA5-5869BA5C6004_zps

The Maybelline polish is Walk in the Park,  You can't really tell in the photo, but it's green!  Dark, dark, almost black green.  Lovelove*love* dark-almost-black colors, and I somehow didn't have a green one already.  The Sephora X polish is Revolution.  My lighting sucks in the evening, so I can't tell for sure, but I think it's an itty bitty silver glitter, but it also looks like there might be some other glitters in there as well.  I'll have to investigate further this weekend when I can get it under direct sunlight.  And see that mini polish with the white label and blue stuff inside?  IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA NAIL POLISH!  YES!  I couldn't get a good picture between the fading light and my inability to hold the camera still, so take a gander at this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184931866/captain-america-indie-handmade-nail?ref=shop_home_active_16

I LOVE MARVEL MOVIES.  That is all.  And also *thud*.  (And also:  I know what I'm adding to my etsy wishlist next:  The rest of the comic book polishes!)  THE RED CIRCLES!  CAP'S SHIELD!  DOLPHIN NOISES!  The postcard in the Nailed It box (and, yes, totally nailed it!) explained that @@Kelli had a hard time picking out JUST ONE polish for me because "It was like one big 'OMG! Meagan would love that!' shop."  And she's totally right.  I want them all.

Y'know the silly thing?  I had all of the bottles unwrapped and started to take a picture, and then I realized that there were a couple of packets in there, as well!  They were the nail decals, nail wraps, and mani tools (you can never have too many nail files, nail clippers, or tweezers, and since they all match, these tweezers are now officially my mani tweezers!  I'm constantly realizing I have a cat hair in my wet nails, and I could tug it out if only I had some tweezers nearby.  And now I will!)

Okay.  Whew!  SO MUCH AWESOME.  

But.

Then I remembered the SMACK box!

14cbe456-0cf5-43cb-8ab6-c470bef52cf0_zps16dcdfa9-d9f7-4ff4-9a93-a1c82bfa9b0e_zps

- Revlon Colorburst matte balm in Showy

- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Sweetheart

- NYC CityProof in Metropolitan Mauve

- NYC CityProof in Parsons Pink

- NYX Chunky Dunk in Happy Buddha (the postcard says that it was chosen because of the name, not necessarily the color, and I so indeed love the name so much that I will find a way to make it work!)

- tarte Lipsurgence in elite (look at the itty bitty baby Lipsurgence!  So adorable!  I love it!)

- TokyoMilk Dark lip elixir in Salted Caramel (I have one in La Vie en Rose from Secret Santa.  I love it, but I keep forgetting which bag I last left it in, or maybe it's at work, or, oh, crap, maybe I lost it.  Now I can leave one at work since I spend most of my awake time there anyway!  Also:  Salted Caramel.  It will not interfere with the flavor of my morning coffee or mochas.  Perfect!)

So much awesome.  I don't know which one to use first.

Okay!  All d--  No.  Not all done.  

dd0b2bf1-6a9b-4841-9c7c-da9852bd7a93_zps

Notebooks!  I am the Girl of 100 Lists.  Now I have notebooks (Day of the Dead!  I *love* Dia de los Muertos!), notepads, and pens!  And adult Retail Therapy Mad Libs!  And mix cds (currently ripping them to my laptop) with a good chunk of artists I currently listen to and a whole lot I haven't!  And two different blushes!  Josie Maran Pink Escape cheek gelee and 2nd Love cream stick in Flutter.  I'm on a cream blush kick.  I've been eyeing the Maybelline Master Glazes in pink shades, so this is definitely my kind of thing!  And a really cool expandable ponytail holder.  I'm growing my hair out (really, I'm basically just not getting it cut more frequently than once every three months), and it usually goes up in a knot-type thing when I'm at work because I spend too much time messing with it otherwise, and I've been thinking about trying one of these things but hadn't actually bought one yet.  I used it today, and I definitely see more of these in my future! 

So.  There we go!  All of the awesome, and it's ALL MINE!  Thank you thank you thank you!

You're welcome! So glad you liked it. You are a blast to shop for and you're such a great presence on Mut! 

• Like 2

@@Jac13 im so glad you liked everything. I packed everything up a while ago and kept promising myself I would write a note but.... it just never happened. I was feeling good just getting it into the mail. its been one of those types of months. Im sorry that I didn't get to the letter or card. I wanted to tell you why I picked a few things. The space ice cream is bc im from Houston. The book for your youngest daughter is good and YA but its a little racy for YA imo its a series and a pretty good one. the ear buds I figured if shes like my daughter they get lost and broken ect pretty fast and a spare pair is always good. I struggled with your oldest because I didn't know if she was away at school. I was nerd but I listened to books on tape sometimes on the long drive home to visit family. the tea kit is from meme box and I made the roller ball myself I like the scent too and did not have any sample size so I made one for my purse and one for you.

Im so glad you liked everything I was sooo nervous because this was my first time doing a gift exchange. im sorry to my person that I haven't posted much or given many hints im sure I have made her life harder but.. I am very easy to please!!

Enjoy all your [email protected]@Jac13

• Like 2

I got my box!!!!

@@meaganola was my swap buddy and I am so lucky! At first I was afraid to open it because the mail lady left it on my porch...in the rain. Usually she will put packages in bags, but she didn't this time. I almost cried because I was so afraid the items inside would be ruined. 

But they weren't...Meagan knows how to package stuff - everything was in perfect condition and I am in heaven.

Unfortunately, I have to leave the house in about 12 minutes and I can't post pics, But I will as soon as I get home tonight. 

I love everything!!!

• Like 7

Ack! So crazy and excited that I didn't even say THANK YOU!!! I truly love everything and I can't wait to show everyone what I got. I don't know how I'm supposed to concentrate this evening!

• Like 1

Ok I am back and ready to reveal all of my lovelies. Prepare to be amazed!

First up...this is what my poor box looked like. I was so scared to open it, but Meaganola's mad packing skills ensured everything was safe and sound.

post-93023-0-06468600-1407374576_thumb.jpg

Meagan wrote me a nice note and I let me know in lieu of snacks (food allergies!), I got a new beverage container...and look what it was! I love it!!! Sorry...it's sideways.

post-93023-0-39819400-1407374806_thumb.jpg

I saw that someone else received one like this and I loved it, so I'm thrilled to have one for myself. This will be going to work with me so that my kids don't steal it.

Inside the Nalgene was a bunch of fun goodies...first up, I opened my first Geek Chic products. And how fun is this...Princess Bride themed! My absolute favorite movie...so fun!

post-93023-0-06042700-1407375044_thumb.jpg

Also inside the Nalgene was this bundle of goodies - Five jars of Glamour Doll Eyes pigments and a Geek Chic Kissing Stuff. As you can see, I already tried out the Kissing Stuff...gorgeous shade. And what gorgeous colors of GDE! I have to be honest...I got some of the GDE for my swap buddy and I was so in love with what I purchased for her that I bought one jar for myself, but it wasn't any of these shades. Yay for color!

post-93023-0-11256900-1407375157_thumb.jpg

And speaking of GDE...look at all of these sample baggies I got! OH. MY. Gosh! I'm so excited to play around with all of these. I cannot even...truly speechless!

post-93023-0-75065100-1407375490_thumb.jpg

Oh and look how pretty the rest of my presents look (I love the mylar paper!)...yes, I still have a bunch more! Actually there may have been a couple more things in the Nalgene, but I kind of lost track, lol.

post-93023-0-77544000-1407375620_thumb.jpg

I had these fun colorful mascaras on my birchbox wish list. I love the Sumita brand and I cannot wait to try these out. My youngest daughter begged me to give her the teal one, but I'm a mean mama and I said no. I may let her borrow it sometime, lol. Oh and I almost bought that Ruffian nail polish a couple of days ago, but I reminded myself of my no-buy and now I have it! Love the Ruby Wing too and can't wait to try it out. My youngest was also eyeballing that. 

post-93023-0-74771100-1407375724_thumb.jpg

Next up...all of the Pacifica. I remember when Meagan talked about going to the warehouse sale and I thought to myself then that I wished she was my swap buddy because I love Pacifica. And guess what my favorite scent is...Tuscan Blood Orange! I'm so excited for this...I also have a Lemongrass spray too. So excited for this!

post-93023-0-90935200-1407375854_thumb.jpg

Check out these gorgeous earrings! I can't wait to wear them...

post-93023-0-34383800-1407376019_thumb.jpg

More Pacifica! My oldest was quite put out that I wouldn't give this to her. Such gorgeous colors...

post-93023-0-68021700-1407376083_thumb.jpg

And finally, a picture of my new eye shadows all opened up...aren't they so gorgeous?!!

post-93023-0-48811800-1407376164_thumb.jpg

I realized that I didn't take a picture of this... but I also received a bottle of Keims Peppermint Macadamia Body Wash and Lush Happy Hippy Body Wash. I loved the Keims shampoo and I can't wait to try this. And Happy Hippy was my very first Lush experience ever and I am so thrilled to have another one!

@meaganola...you have made me so very happy...I can't even believe I got so much awesome stuff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best!!!

• Like 21

Woo hoo for awesome reveals!

First up...this is what my poor box looked like. I was so scared to open it, but Meaganola's mad packing skills ensured everything was safe and sound.

attachicon.gifP1140052.JPG

Meagan wrote me a nice note and I let me know in lieu of snacks (food allergies!), I got a new beverage container...and look what it was! I love it!!! Sorry...it's sideways.

attachicon.gifP1140053.JPG

I saw that someone else received one like this and I loved it, so I'm thrilled to have one for myself. This will be going to work with me so that my kids don't steal it.

Inside the Nalgene was a bunch of fun goodies...first up, I opened my first Geek Chic products. And how fun is this...Princess Bride themed! My absolute favorite movie...so fun!

attachicon.gifP1140055.JPG

Also inside the Nalgene was this bundle of goodies - Five jars of Glamour Doll Eyes pigments and a Geek Chic Kissing Stuff. As you can see, I already tried out the Kissing Stuff...gorgeous shade. And what gorgeous colors of GDE! I have to be honest...I got some of the GDE for my swap buddy and I was so in love with what I purchased for her that I bought one jar for myself, but it wasn't any of these shades. Yay for color!

attachicon.gifP1140056.JPG

And speaking of GDE...look at all of these sample baggies I got! OH. MY. Gosh! I'm so excited to play around with all of these. I cannot even...truly speechless!

attachicon.gifP1140058.JPG

Oh and look how pretty the rest of my presents look (I love the mylar paper!)...yes, I still have a bunch more! Actually there may have been a couple more things in the Nalgene, but I kind of lost track, lol.

attachicon.gifP1140054.JPG

I had these fun colorful mascaras on my birchbox wish list. I love the Sumita brand and I cannot wait to try these out. My youngest daughter begged me to give her the teal one, but I'm a mean mama and I said no. I may let her borrow it sometime, lol. Oh and I almost bought that Ruffian nail polish a couple of days ago, but I reminded myself of my no-buy and now I have it! Love the Ruby Wing too and can't wait to try it out. My youngest was also eyeballing that. 

attachicon.gifP1140060.JPG

Next up...all of the Pacifica. I remember when Meagan talked about going to the warehouse sale and I thought to myself then that I wished she was my swap buddy because I love Pacifica. And guess what my favorite scent is...Tuscan Blood Orange! 

And finally, a picture of my new eye shadows all opened up...aren't they so gorgeous?!!

I realized that I didn't take a picture of this... but I also received a bottle of Keims Peppermint Macadamia Body Wash and Lush Happy Hippy Body Wash. I loved the Keims shampoo and I can't wait to try this. And Happy Hippy was my very first Lush experience ever and I am so thrilled to have another one!

@meaganola...you have made me so very happy...I can't even believe I got so much awesome stuff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best!!!

Great reveal. Sounds like it was like me with my daughter. Leave all my pretties alone!

• Like 1

Such fun stuff! I've been eyeing those princess bride colors! I need them in my life after seeing them in your pics! What a wonderful box of goodies!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifP1140066.JPG

@@meaganola...you have made me so very happy...I can't even believe I got so much awesome stuff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best!!!

OH! It was me!  I'm drinking out of that bottle right now!  It's so much fun to decide if I just want an "Austen" of water or if I'm super-thirsty, a Tolstoy of water!  I love all the pretties you got and I think I need the Princess Bride shadows now too! and maybe the teal mascara...  @@meaganola is pretty much the bestest ever!

• Like 1

@@Jac13 im so glad you liked everything. I packed everything up a while ago and kept promising myself I would write a note but.... it just never happened. I was feeling good just getting it into the mail. its been one of those types of months. Im sorry that I didn't get to the letter or card. I wanted to tell you why I picked a few things. The space ice cream is bc im from Houston. The book for your youngest daughter is good and YA but its a little racy for YA imo its a series and a pretty good one. the ear buds I figured if shes like my daughter they get lost and broken ect pretty fast and a spare pair is always good. I struggled with your oldest because I didn't know if she was away at school. I was nerd but I listened to books on tape sometimes on the long drive home to visit family. the tea kit is from meme box and I made the roller ball myself I like the scent too and did not have any sample size so I made one for my purse and one for you.

Im so glad you liked everything I was sooo nervous because this was my first time doing a gift exchange. im sorry to my person that I haven't posted much or given many hints im sure I have made her life harder but.. I am very easy to please!!

Enjoy all your ][email protected]@Jac13

No worries! It was just a joy to get a thoughtful package. My daughter has completed her book so I will read it next. Yes, she the earbuds are def good for backup. With school starting, she can keep them in the car or in one of her bags. My other daughter will prob listen to the books late at night or morning.

I was nervous about my first exchange which was last year's Secret Santa but it turned out to be lots of fun. I am sure your person found a way around to pick lovely items for you. I can't wait to see your gifts. Thanks again for everything.

I seriously don't even know where to start.  @ was my buddy and to heck with the Hogwarts sorting hat...I think @@Babs28 must have the most magical hat in the world.  It has come up with some absolutely perfect pairings and I was one of the lucky ones to get the perfect buddy for me.  During my first couple of months on MUT, Jess and I did a swap that turned into a very long and detailed exchange of messages.  We shared our love of lippies and NARS (although I am a wee bit more obsessed with the brand than she is) and she let me share a very personal part of me.  It was a conversation that touched me deeply.  So I was absolutely thrilled when my son told me that I had a box waiting for me that had been shipped from Milwaukee.  I actually sat in my driveway for a few minutes when i got home afraid to come inside, because I knew I was going to be crying momentarily   :blush:

First I was greeted by the pretty orange envelope with the white daisy that said open me first.  Jess welcomed me to my first MUT big-swap and told me what a joy I had been to shop for.  

post-107805-0-82665000-1407382195_thumb.jpg

First up I opened something labeled"Give it a second chance.  I love this."  She had sent me a Beauty Blender.  I had gone back and forth on trying on of these.  I had actually purchased one last Spring, held on to it for a month or so afraid to try it, and ended up returning it unopened.  I have had second thoughts ever since.  I am so excited to finally give it a try.  Next up was Tarte blush in flush.  I have wanted to try these Tarte blushes so badly.  I have tried setting up so many different trades for one at that other place, but all have fallen through.  I could have stopped right now and been a very happy girl.  Next I opened this beautiful pink Cargo blush.  Cargo is a brand I don't have a lot of experience with, but everything I have tried I have loved.  I have a peach blush like this that is one of my favorites.  I can't wait to try the pink.  Next I opened another Tarte blush and I couldn't believe how Jess was spoiling me!  But I looked a little closer and realized this one was the energy blush that adapts to compliment your skin tone.  I wanted this so badly, but waited too long to order it and they were sold out.  A quick swatch on my hand revealed the most gorgeous pink with a slight peachy sheen.  Beautiful.  Next up was a package labeled "My HG seriously love this."  It was the MUFE HI Def Powder.  I can't wait to try this!  Powder is one thing I feel like I need to upgrade in my make-up arsenal.  I have tried several higher end products, but have yet to find anything I like as much as my L'Oreal True Match.  I am hoping this is the one.  Then with a note about how we both loved this brand, I opened the Tarte lipsurgence in Tipsy. I love the lipsurgences and this is a color I did not have.  Last in this picture was the Philip B Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse.  I had gotten samples of Philip B gel in a sub box and loved the hold.  I ordered some hair spray and Mauie Wowie Beach Mist from a Haute Look sale and loved those as well.  I had been wanting to try shampoo and conditioner in this line, but my hair is very picky for shampoo and conditioner.  These are a little pricier, so I didn't want to invest without trying first.  The company won't let you order samples, they direct you to their retailers.  Well, no one in my area carried their products, so I was super excited to get this to try.

post-107805-0-12741400-1407383131_thumb.jpg

And this picture is where I seriously started to loose it.  Next up was this NARS shadow from the Guy Bourdin collection.  It had a note that read "a beast to find but well worth it."  And that is when things just kind of stopped.  Inside was the most beautiful shadow color, Cambodia.  It was so pretty I was afraid to touch it.  I grabbed my computer to look up swatches.  And I saw the most perfect color for me.  I sat and just stared at it for a little while.  My obsession with NARS had not started until last February or March, I had never even seen anything in the Guy Bourdin collection.  I didn't know that this perfect shadow was out there.  My picture does not even give this coppery, reddish beauty it's due.  Go look at the swatches.  Gorgeous!  I had to stop right then and send Jess a PM.  And while I am PMing her, my son brings me a plate of freshly cooked bacon.  I swear, that moment may have been the best night of my life.  Bacon and perfect eyeshadow. Does it get any better than that??? (we have a favorite expression at our house "I love you more than Bacon.")  When I eventually could breathe again, I reached for a package labeled "from one fan to another".  And that held this pretty NARS gloss in Priscilla.  I think Jess had taped about this in the enablers thread and asked if she should place a second order for her swap buddy and I think I may have encouraged her to do so.  I am glad I did, because I snoozed and missed out on that deal!  Next I opened the Givenchy lipstick in Rose Dressing.  It had a note that she loved this color.  Well Jess, I love this color too. In fact I love it so much mine was getting close to being gone.  So I am VERY happy to have another.  Fun fact, I got my first one when I talked your swap buddy @@SaraP into doing her first ever trade.

post-107805-0-96952200-1407384076_thumb.jpg

After I was done opening all of my gifts, my son reminded me I was overdue in taking him to dinner.  I quickly swept everything back in to the box as one of my dogs has been known to eat my make-up.  And honestly I can't remember the order on the rest of what I opened, and I am not sure I have all of the notes right.  So these last two pictures I just put all of the lippies in one and everything else in the other.  Jouer is a brand that I see a lot of you post about, but I had never tried.  Jess ordered the puttin' on the glitz set for me.  It came with three of the cutest mini glosses and a very pretty little bag.  There was another mini Jouer, a Buxom (which is one of my favorite brands), a yummy smelling vanilla blame, fresh's Sugar Rose (I think this was the Rogue extra from the recent Sephora fresh code, I am not Rogue and had been wanting to try this), Naked gloss in Lovechild (which is the color I have been tempted by), benetint, the Too Faced lip primer (I have never tried a lip primer) and two of the glosses from the Sephora set of gloss and polish.  I wanted these so much.  I couldn't justify getting them for myself though because I never wear polish.  I love Hourglass lip products, and isn't this pinkish/purple color of the Bite gloss to die for?

post-107805-0-25853300-1407384637_thumb.jpg

And yes, there is more.  Josie Maran Argan Oil.  I am a big fan of Argan Oil, but have not tried Josie Maran yet.  Everyone seems to have good things to say about it, so I am excited to finally get a chance to try it.  Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I am a little ashamed to admit that I didn't even know eye shadow primer existed until earlier this year.  I tried the Urban Decay first because that seemed to be what everyone was using and hated it.  It made my shadows crease almost instantly.  I looked like an aging hooker (not that there is anything wrong with looking like an aging hooker, just not the look I was going for  :D )  Anyway, next up I tried the NARS eye primer and it is the only other one I have used. I am looking forward to seeing the differences in primers.  I am extra excited because I have started using a lot of indie pigments and they really need a good primer underneath.  Jess also sent a bottle of Jo Malone in Grapefruit.  This is another brand I hear a lot of good things about.  I can't find this brand at any of the local department stores, and fragrance has a tendency to turn on me so I have been hesitant to order without trying first.  I wasn't sure about the grapefruit scent.  But I put this on before dinner and I really like it.  Bonus, the "man of the moment" is fond of the scent.  I had been wanting to try the Liz Earle cleansing kit for quite some time.  I was really touched that Jess sent this to me because it included a note that she had been wanting to try it too.  How is that for a buddy?  She thought of me first!  I love macarons and I think these little macaron trinket boxes from the Birchbox store are just adorable.  I saw that someone had put their Sephora meteorites sample in their box, and I think I will do the same.  I am going to feel extra fancy every time I open this box for powder.  Next up was this set of Coastal Scent eye brushes.  I recently received my first Coastal scent brush from Ipsy.  I find that I am reaching for it more than any of my other eye brushes.  I am super excited to have some other brushes from this brand.  I am obsessed with highlighters and illuminators.  I have not tried Benefit's Sunbeam yet.  I am pretty excited to see what it can do.  Then there were four adorable fizzy little bath bombs.  I can't wait to try these out.  I LOVE baths.  Jess also included a Urban Decay liner in a very pretty blue.  Blue was about the only liner color I didn't have.  And last was the "Open Last" note.  I want to keep the contents of the note just for me (I'm selfish that way) but I will tell you Jess has touched me deeply.  She did say that the theme of the box was "OMG, let's spoil Mari" and spoil me she did!"

I just realized that in the rush to keep the dog from eating the pretties while I was at dinner, the foils got swept a different direction and did not make it into the picture.  Jess included very thoughtful foils as well.  Hand, body and face creams from L'Occitane.  I love this brand.  Clinque clearing gel.  Fab Ultre repair cream.  And from Kiehl's something I have never heard of...a scalp exfoliator.  I am going to have to put my glasses on and read this one.  I am pretty intrigued!

Jess, seriously I cannot thank you enough.  I have loved the whole summer of my first big swap.  I know how much fun I had shopping for my buddy.  I really lost track of the fact that someone else was thinking of me and doing the same things for me.  And now that we are at the end and this box of fabulousness is in front of me I start thinking about your summer.  You finished and defended a thesis.  You traveled the country on job interviews.  You accepted your first "real" job.  You found a new place to live.  You packed up your apartment.  And while I was opening all of my pretties you were busy cleaning your place as you prepare to leave Milwaukee for the next chapter of your life.  I am just overwhelmed that in the midst of all that, you did all of this for me...someone you have never met.  What a kind, generous and thoughtful person your are.  You may "want all the pretties" but you sure don't need them, because your beauty truly shines from within and just radiates out!  Thank you. :hugs3:  :luv:

Edited by marigoldsue
  • Like 22

Yay, @@jesemiaud!  It was a blast shopping for you!  So glad the box made it, but, yow, after seeing that box, I kind of can't believe that it actually made it!  I don't exactly live in a dry area, so I automatically prepare packages as if they *are* going to get wet (permanent marker on the box, tape over the addresses), but that is ridiculous!  Funny thing:  I half-jokingly thought to myself, "Well, if the box gets wet, at least that shadows are safe in the bottle."  Little did I know that would become an actual concern! 

And when I saw that The Princess Bride was your favorite movie, I knew I had to get Kissing Stuff since that was part of the As You Wish collection -- but the rest of the collection had been discontinued last year, so I was bummed about the fact that they weren't available.  BUT THEN!  They brought them back just in time to order them before the shipping deadline!  MEANT TO BE!  I always get nervous when I have to pick things out for other people, but this stuff just *felt* right.  So happy you liked things!  :)

• Like 4

Okay, so my box had a little guest appearance.  I didn't include this in the first post, because I thought Jess deserved a post to herself.  But @ enlisted the help of a very special roadie.  This roadie has special talents that I had admired, as had Jess.  According to Jess @@trekkersangel had been instrumental in helping with the stalking and was happy to include a little something she made just for me.

post-107805-0-46363200-1407386281_thumb.jpg

I had posted about my daughter referring to her last summer as "the summer of the cupcake."  Dani made me these adorable kitchen towels with cupcakes.  Her note indicated that she tried to make them with Elizabeth's favorite colors.  My camera did not pic up the colors very well, but the towels are a very bright sunshiny yellow.  nd the cupcakes are mostly hot pink and orange.  Elizabeth had a scarf that she loved, and I hated.  She wore this scarf in some of her senior pictures.  The pattern on one of the cupcakes reminds me so much of that scarf.  Dani, thank you so much.  These towels are just perfect!

post-107805-0-84445700-1407386759_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how lucky I am to have had a "guest" visit my box with a special gift she made just for me.  Dani, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.  It really touched my heart.   :wub:

• Like 20