CostaRita

What could my makeup-less face use?

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and I am curious about makeup and what it can do to enhance the face. I don't usually wear it unless I have a big event to go to or something, so I'm very inexperienced.

Currently I own e.l.f. mascara, a Physician's Formula eyebrow pencil, NYC and NYX lipsticks, and a Physician's Formula eyeliner. I'm all about drugstore cruelty-free products ;)

I'm uploading a pic of what my face usually looks like: makeup-free. Get ready lol.

Any suggestions for how I could spruce up my face?

post-114432-0-83757900-1406507804_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not an answer to your question, but I'm jealous of your hair.  It's so curly and shiny and pretty!

• Like 2

Not an answer to your question, but I'm jealous of your hair.  It's so curly and shiny and pretty!

haha thanks! :)

Your skin is really nice so I wouldn't try to mask that.  Maybe a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier, a pink lip gloss to give your lips a little shine, and perhaps a blush. Keep using the mascara. Even if I don't wear shadow I feel mascara makes your lashes so much nicer. 

• Like 1

ok! :) I just bought the Physician's Formula Super CC Cream+. I also have a tinted lip balm (not a gloss, though.)

Edited by CostaRita

I so like your hair and also, your simle is pretty. :D

a blush would be perfect for ya, thought im not sure what colour/shade. sorry. im inexperienced. :lol:

• Like 1

When I first started trying to do everyday makeup, I went with a tinted moisturizer, mascara and a cheek and lip stain with some lip balm.  It's nice because you only have to buy one extra product for cheeks and lips, plus you can stick it on in the morning and not worry about it the rest of the day.

• Like 1

You are pretty Rita :) 

I don't really agree with all that has been suggested here- since you have a naturally blushed cheeks, I wouldn't add blush on that, it will look too much, that unless your foundation neutralize your redness completely. 

Your skin does look great so you can really do fine with just a BB or CC cream.

If your cheeks stay pinkish after applying those, avoid using a blush, and if you do want to use one anyway, use a light pink one.  And if you use a foundation that completely hides the pink tone you can use what ever blush you like! 

I think that light shimmery shadows will look very pretty on you, maybe you can try the NUDE palette from physician's formula. (I'm attaching images so you could see what I mean)

And I agree with the suggestion to apply a lip gloss, I think you can really play with the colors here:) 

I hope that was helpful!  :smileno:

physiciansformulanudeeyeshadowpalette_zp

physiciansformulanudeeyeshadowpalette2_z

• Like 3

If I were you I might try to find a light brow powder! You're pretty as it is, though. :D Also maybe Palladio's tinted lip balm in Brownie?

• Like 1

I agree with the others that a BB or CC cream would be perfect for your skin type since it looks pretty fine naked x) It might be just the camera, but your face looks a bit oily on the picture - a setting powder would help solve that problem :)

I would deffo try to put more focus to your eyes, maybe use a brown eyeliner for the waterline since you have sort of a cat shaped eyes a black one might make them look smaller. A white eyeliner or eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes would really open up your eyes as well.

Also brown eyeshadow never fails anyone ;) You also seem like the type who could get away with wearing a velvet red lipstick cause of your skin tone.

And like the other's say your hair looks so beautiful those curls are to die for!

Edited by Serainie
  • Like 1

Just stopping in to say you are gorgeous!!!! No wonder you don't wear makeup!

Anyway, I say don't use any foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer. If you have good skin, no need to even it out.

You actually don't need blush- your cheeks are rosey as they are.

Here's what I would do:

*Fill in brows with a powder. NYX eyebrow cake powder in 'blonde' would be perfect for you!

*Mascara maybe. I hear Physician's Formula makes good mascara.

*Lip tint or lipstick, although I don't know what colors would suit you.

Very pretty!

• Like 2

As someone well old enough to be your mom, let me echo that you are beautiful !  Your skin, hair, and smile make you glow.  :-)

I'd suggest a light brown brow wax/powder to make your eyebrows really frame your eyes.  Then some mascara, not too dark, and some lip gloss.  Then see if you feel that's enough.

• Like 1

I LOVE you hair what do you use? how do you fix it? I have curly hair and I can be such a PITA. I think you look amazing just the you are. I would keep it simple and light like most people suggested.

Thanks all of you! Lacylei, I wash with As I Am CoWash and condition with SheaMoisture detangler. No shampoo! I use SheaMoisture curl milk to style :) 

• Like 1