Where my Member Name came from

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was chatting the other day with someone and this question came up.   With looking around at some of the member names, I'm sure the are answers will ranged from straight forward to incredibly comical to outright strange.

So tell us: How did you get your member name?

I used to use my regular name, but decided to change it to something more generic a few years ago

At the time I came up with my name (which I use almost everywhere) I was having some issues with individuals, including several members of my husband's family, who objected to his marrying someone they regarded as a a common laborer, a local nobody who was also not Indian. Several families in the Sikh community in Toronto and Ottawa had offered their daughters and large dowries to my father-in-law, and Louie and I were genuinely offended at the thought that he could be bought off like that. I decided to embrace the local-nobodiness, and named myself after Buffalo, my hometown, and Polska is a nod to my ancestors and the vibrant Polish community in the area.

College nickname, bestowed upon me by my best friend at the time (I've lost track of her over the years) in '91 or so due to my hippie tendencies in general and fondness for making my own granola in particular.  Mmm, granola.

(Completely randomly and coincidentally, a capitalized misspelling of my username -- Meganola -- is a moth genus.  I didn't discover this until about three years ago.)

chibimorph stands for chibi morphology, where chibi = small (it's a Japanese slang term for short person) and morphology = structure

Because I'm really short... and I like anime/manga (in case you couldn't tell from my Oddish profile pic... an Oddish because I'm also an odd person)

My user name is my real name because I was having a brainfart when I registered. Everywhere else I am frugalwitch. Frugalwitch is a play on "cheap....rhymes with witch", because I despise paying full retail price on anything.
I LOVE this! I'm the same way...I love a good bargain, and coupons! Yup, I'm the crazy coupon lady... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel quite uncreative here hah I just used my first name Casey and R from my last name.  When I performed in drag shows, I actually went by the stage name "Cassie Blanca" which I suppose I could have used, but then again, off-stage (and even when performing with my band) I've always preferred just going by my own name.  Love reading all these other interesting stories, though!

One of my favorite books is To Kill a Mockingbird, hence where the name Scout came from, and then I added "says" because I thought it would make a good title for my blog/vlog - Scout Says... I have had many user names since getting online in 1995, including unitychild and photogrrl77 (which I still use for some stuff) but I like scoutsays the best! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back