• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora 500 point gift sets, which ones have you gotten?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With the bonus point program at Sephora in full swing, I was thinking about the gifts I have gotten over the years. What have you gotten? Did you love or hate any of the sets?

That I can recall, I got an Amore Pacific (face cream products) 500 point set, I hated it because every product smelled like perfume. I sure wish I had investigated the line before I chose it!

I also got a Dior 500 point gift, it had a Miss Dior Perfume, a lip addict lipstick in pink and a bracelet. I only liked the lipstick in the set :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But the last one I got was AWESOME, I got a Nars 500 point set containing a black eyeliner, orgasm blush and a satin lip pencil, I loved everything in the set and didn't own any Nars products before this. I promptly went out and got another lip pencil. Lovely set, finally I chose a winner!

So you'd think I'd be happy with Sephora after the last gift, except I was waiting until they credited my account bonus points from the current promo, so I could get that Marc Jacobs 1000 point set, so I called and asked when the points would be credited. They said 1 day, and they said, I should be fine to be able to get the set...next day when I went to get it, the MJ set was sold out!!  For some reason I really had my heart on that set, and now its gone. I wish I had asked for them to hold me one until the points were credited, or something!! IT just ruined my whole day!

nobody wants to share?

BTW, the Marc Jacobs 1000 point set is BACK! No one from Sephora bothered to tell me, but I did nab one.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now they are offering a gorgeous shimmery bronze Marc Jacobs eyeliner for just 100 points. I may or may not have just wasted 600pts on those to use them as stocking stuffers.  :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:

Bronze huh? I assumed it was black, and didn't get it because I already have a mini black one..Do you like it?

I ordered the 500pt Laura Mercier set and loved it. That line is a little pricey to buy things to try on a whim so I liked getting several goodies to try. It was around 3 months ago I think.

Here is a picture of the kit.

Screenshot_2014-08-10-20-42-05.png

There were 5 nice size items in the kit so it was like 100pts for each item. But some other kits have seemed cheap imo.

I've picked up a Laura mercier one (not the one posted, another one), a nars one, and a dolce and gabbana one. D&g wasn't worth it. I liked the other 2!

I picked up the hourglass one and returned it.  I wanted to exchange it for the origins one but the store didn't have it.  The NARS one they had didn't appeal to me, with 2/3 items I didn't want. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've actually never gotten a 500 pt perk. Not for lack of points, but because there haven't been any that have really appealed to me or seemed worth it.  I have gotten 100 point rewards but never anything more than that. 

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1642065&om_mmc=oth-bt-richlinks-2013

How did we go from Bobbi Brown palettes (see Bobbi to Go) to foil packets in 500 point perks?  Check some of those out.  I mean, did Sephora get cheap?  I've gotten the Dior Addict one, the newer Caudalie and Origins, and Nars Cult Favorites.
Seriously! And I feel like there should be a minimum of five items in a 500-pt perk. Some of the items that have been 100-pt perks have had values over $20. Then there have been 500-pt perks worth under $30. How does that work in their minds exactly?

Seriously! And I feel like there should be a minimum of five items in a 500-pt perk. Some of the items that have been 100-pt perks have had values over $20. Then there have been 500-pt perks worth under $30. How does that work in their minds exactly?
Do they list the values of the box and I'm missing it?

The only 500 point perk I've gotten was that Nars one, which was awesome and totally worth the points to me. I prefer the mini sizes of things such as blushers, since I rarely use them, and the lip pencil and eye primer are great too.

I picked up the Urban Decay one tonight...I LOVE IT!  There is a foil/card sample of the UD original primer under the back cover (clever!), and a 4 eye shadow palette with the colors skimp, bust, guilt and oil slick.  The shadows have two exclusive colors, and are 0.02 oz.  There is also a 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in zero. The liner is 0.03 oz.  The primer doesn't have a listed sample size, think of it as more of an honorable mention! LOL!  I swatched the eye shadows.  The color skimp isn't showing up very well.  I swatched both skimp and guilt above along the top of the four colors swatched together too.  So they are on my arm twice.  I was trying to get the lighter shades to show...then they eye liner I put to kind of line each color.  I have to say, I am TERRIBLE at swatching!!  But you get the idea.  LOL! 

IMG_6627.jpgIMG_6626.JPGIMG_6628.JPGIMG_6630.JPGIMG_6625.JPG

@ thanks for sharing!!! I've been waiting to see pics! Too bad I'm pretty sure Skimp and guilt won't show on me!

Latest posts

Back