Spoiling yourself with a hot and perfumed bath

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is hard. Life gets in the way and showers are so quick and easy. I had a hot scented bath with bubbles two nights ago. I forgot how incredibly nice they feel. Every muscle in your shoulder and back succumbs to the heat and the fragrances gently drift to your nose. Surrounded in a load of bubbles. 

I promised myself a bath for a long time and this was it. I have to make it a more regular occurrence, showers really do not cut it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Taking a bath sound great, but every time I attempt to do it, I end up bored. 

I didn't do that many baths (other than to shave my legs, my skin rebels if it's not like soaked first) but we bought a house last year with a refinished original clawfoot tub.  I can't stretch out like in a modern tub but it's sooo deep and the back is sooo high and at a perfect angle for leaning.  The previous owner who redid the bathroom must have loved baths, the main lighting is a small chandelier on a dimmer.  It's a bit ridiculous in a modest house, but I try to take advantage of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That kind of sounds awesome. The worse thing is to try and allow yourself to really relax and pretend there is a life outside of the bathroom. Surprisingly hard to do.

@@Meggpi I envy you and your fancy baths!

I've been experimenting with epsom salt baths lately. They're mostly for detoxification and actually make you sweat...so they're not super glamorous, but they're heaven when you're crampy or achey. I'm a noodle by the time I get out.

Treat yourself to one long, luxurious bath a week and give yourself a seriously relaxing soak.

Oh, bath procedure is real ritual for relax)). I prefer to take a bath, shower is certainly quicker. But when I have a bath I try to make a real spa. So I usually add essentials, bath salts,  floral petals to my water.  And of course I like to test something new. For instance, I tried yesterday a new bath salt from Zeitun. It was so fragrant and amazing)). I also liked its ingridients: Dead Sea salt, olive,rose, sweet almond oils &etc.  The producer presented this product as an aphrodisiac. Sounds great)). After bath I felt like a newborn goddes)).

DSC_0096.JPG

Latest posts

Back