JC327

Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

*Note that the pics don't exactly line up with the correct boxes, but the profile names are there.

I'm half hoping those of us that did the $16 deal still have a credit left so I can get Kirby.  Though, the description makes it sound like Crystal??  And I guess I wouldn't mind the Magenta lippie.  I'll skip if I don't have a credit though, because other than that I'm not really into the collection.  The colors all look like Julep dupes.

Sorry it was much too much to just list, and I can't access fb on my work comp to post the pic! But @@Lolo22 took care of it :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely interested in the plush pout(s) and I'm glad they did satins in good fall colors! 

Already not that excited for my It Girl box.

*breathe*Just finish the year out Olivia. You can do this.

*Edit: I AM kinda glad that they're making more satins. However Fifi looks too similar to Jules or Essie's Ballet Slippers. & how the hell do you make a gold cream? I guess we'll ultimately see tomorrow.

Edited by itsoliviaaah
  • Like 1

Ok is it just me or is it at LEAST the third time Julep has had a greenish color and gold color in their It Girl box?   February, June and now September boxes all have green and gold colors for It Girl.   Sort of annoying.  I like that they did more fall colors and a couple of Satin finishes for Fall though.  I cannot WAIT another month, for the October reveal.  I am dying for a Halloween theme.  Dying.  

Edited by AshleyBeauty13

Does anybody know if we can use Jules for add-ons?  Or is it just for maven boxes now?

You can use Jules to buy add ons, you just don't earn them on add ons.

• Like 1

Here's the sneak peek post from the Julep blog....

September Maven Sneak Peek: Plush Pout

I'm up for that Aurora Pink one, but I'll have to see what else I can combine with it.  Not really interested in any of the polishes.

I like Aurora Pink too even though I have a bunch of colors just like it. It would be nice if these were more of a matte finish for fall.

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but the greys and blues are speaking to me.  I will try to get Kirby, Erin and Quinn on my $18 special (assuming I still have a month left), then decide whether to order some more polishes to use up the Jules on that account.  We'll see how I'm feeling in the morning.

• Like 1

Thanks for the preview of the colors!  I'm kinda feeling the dark shades...Eliana, Mary Lee, Lupita, and Ryan definitely pique my interest.

The lip crayon looks kind of cute, I'm a sucker for lip products...if I get one I'll probably go for the pink one.

I'm kind of feeling Lupita but I have a feeling it's going to be in the same color family as Zoya Veronica, and I'm also pretty sure I have a similar color in Nails Inc Picadilly Circus. I also really love the idea of Quinn because purple but I don't really care for satin

---but the main thing is i really like the names of both polishes because I'm a loser, and that seems like the worst reason to buy polishes if they're not your name. XD

ghhhhhhu I wonder what will be in the modern maven box. If it's just the primer and one of the lippies that's going to be a huge ripoff. I'm really wanting a cobalt blue lately too.

I'm kind of feeling Lupita but I have a feeling it's going to be in the same color family as Zoya Veronica, and I'm also pretty sure I have a similar color in Nails Inc Picadilly Circus. I also really love the idea of Quinn because purple but I don't really care for satin

---but the main thing is i really like the names of both polishes because I'm a loser, and that seems like the worst reason to buy polishes if they're not your name. XD

ghhhhhhu I wonder what will be in the modern maven box. If it's just the primer and one of the lippies that's going to be a huge ripoff. I'm really wanting a cobalt blue lately too.

It's just the primer and the aurora pink crayon :(
  • Like 1

I think their names are getting to be so weird.  I can think of awesome names, that they haven't even used yet.  

After last month this month looks kinda disapointing. I have one month left on my 3 month sub. I think I'll try to customize for Mary Lee, Kirby and Mahima.

Because of the shipping errors this month, I now have 4750 Jules. Once my prepaid sub runs out, I'll have two months worth of free boxes.

After last month this month looks kinda disapointing. I have one month left on my 3 month sub. I think I'll try to customize for Mary Lee, Kirby and Mahima.

Because of the shipping errors this month, I now have 4750 Jules. Once my prepaid sub runs out, I'll have two months worth of free boxes.

at 4500 points to you should have enough Jules for a a complete polish upgrade. of course you might like the products or maybe you won't like an entire polish collection but just an FYI Edited by Kyuu

I think their names are getting to be so weird. I can think of awesome names, that they haven't even used yet.

hmm? like what? what do you think is weird and what named have they not used yet you think would be good?

I'm not sure it will work like that? Did you speak to anyone at Julep? I also did the special 3 month sub, and assuming September is in fact our 3rd month...come October I believe they would bill us regular price for a 3 month subscription because that's what we had? Maybe I'm super confused! Just thinking ahead for myself...I am currently short on Jules to buy a Maven Box. I will have the right amount after taking this next box. So...I wonder if I can change to a monthly subscription, pay for the next month's box (October) and use my jules for an additional box that month. You have to be an active Maven to use your jules...and I don't plan on keeping this sub.  

Anyone clarify for me? Sorry if I sound as confusing as I am...........

I remember reading somewhere that you can call Julep and have them put you on a month to month sub. It has to be done before you get billed for the next 3 months. Hopefully it's true.

hmm? like what? what do you think is weird and what named have they not used yet you think would be good?

I thought last month's (well August) names were different, (just names I've never heard of) and September has some different names.  Not to be a dork, but we haven't seen Aria or Spencer (Pretty Little Liars) haha Is there an Aubrey or Elizabeth yet?  I don't know, I would have to browse through names, and come up with a bunch more that we have not seen.  But off the top of my head, those are ones I have not seen.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure it will work like that? Did you speak to anyone at Julep? I also did the special 3 month sub, and assuming September is in fact our 3rd month...come October I believe they would bill us regular price for a 3 month subscription because that's what we had? Maybe I'm super confused! Just thinking ahead for myself...I am currently short on Jules to buy a Maven Box. I will have the right amount after taking this next box. So...I wonder if I can change to a monthly subscription, pay for the next month's box (October) and use my jules for an additional box that month. You have to be an active Maven to use your jules...and I don't plan on keeping this sub.  

Anyone clarify for me? Sorry if I sound as confusing as I am...........

I remember reading somewhere that you can call Julep and have them put you on a month to month sub. It has to be done before you get billed for the next 3 months. Hopefully it's true.

Yeah, from what I've heard you have to call and switch to a monthly sub, then you can use Jules.

• Like 1

I thought last month's (well August) names were different, (just names I've never heard of) and September has some different names.  Not to be a dork, but we haven't seen Aria or Spencer (Pretty Little Liars) haha Is there an Aubrey or Elizabeth yet?  I don't know, I would have to browse through names, and come up with a bunch more that we have not seen.  But off the top of my head, those are ones I have not seen.  

What you mean like Avni, which is a name of both Indian and Jewish origin? Waleska is a Polish name, Tazeen has Islamic origins, and Sushmita, Kirti, and Neha both are all common Hindi names. Actually, Neha is a more popular name than Aria, even in the US. I roomed with a girl named Tanziya, Nuala, and Zeinab in college (and one of them is even white!) Or are their names too weird to deserve polishes?

Believe it or not, 'Murica isn't the center of the world, and considering the collection is called "Wanderlust" I think it was rather nice of Julep to give some foreign names some love. I don't see why we have to go through every go through every flatbread name in the world before getting to the interesting, excuse me, non-western ones.

And yes, a quick google search reveals Julep had an Elizabeth in Feb 2012, which was retired. Julep still also has Liz; or do we need to repeat every version of Elizabeth before we can name a polish "Nuala"

• Like 7