Urban Decay Naked basics 2 is coming!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did we already know this?! UD just posted it on Facebook. No other details besides a picture. Naked basics may seem boring but it's the only palette I've hit pan on in the last 20-25 years! I like to mix them with my brighter colors. I'm giddy over this!

post-84644-0-97085100-1407687512.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this too! I don't know how to feel about it though since I still haven't touched my NAKED 3 since purchasing it last December

@Kelli  thank you for posting that!  I don't need more eyeshadow!  lol

but the naked basics is one of my favorites.  I will have to see this in person and compare it to the original first.  Lots of those colors, as I love neutrals and have many of them, seem very familiar to me and I probably have dups of them in my wide range of neutral eyeshadows.

I love whenever Urban Decay has new palettes available! However, if I were to choose between the "Naked 2 Basics" and the "Naked Basics" I'd definitely pick the last one mentioned; I don't think I'll be getting both o:

Thank you for posting this, I hadn't heard about it! This is exciting!!!

I like to hear that it has cooler tones in mind... that is what I was hoping for, and why I didn't buy the original Naked Basics.

Here's the color descriptions from the site:

What You Get: Skimp (pale nude satin), Stark (nude-pink matte), Frisk (warm gray matte), Cover (muted red-brown matte), Primal (muted brown matte) and Undone (deep, smoky brown matte).
Weird how they are described as cool, adn yet have 'warm grey', 'red-brown' in the color descriptions.

I really like Stark, Frisk, and Cover. I feel like I would use those colors a LOT!!

Below is the Naked 2 Basics.

I wonder if they'll release a Naked 3 Basicsssss oh my godd!!! They said this one would match the Naked 2 better..... so maybe there will be a Naked 3 Basics that matches the Naked 3 better?

I still haven't gotten the Naked 3 yet, or any Naked palette, and I really want one....

But that being said, I'll definitey lave to swatch these in-store before I'll even consider buying.

604214922761_naked2basics_alt3.jpg

604214922761_naked2basics_alt2.jpg

I usually wear neutral eyes and stand-out lips, so I'm excited. The original Naked Basics is my favorite palette. 

Oooooh I want to see them swatched, but like I said i have hit pan on my other basics on 2 colors so I would love to have the new shades too!

@@eastofthesun - I also like Stark, Frisk, and Cover as well.  I am glad this has warm tones in it.   Does anyone know when this will be released?  thanks!

So pretty. I need to see it in person though.

I bought the first one but I opened it at home and it was swatched and the store I returned it at was out and I ended up buying the Narsissist Palette which I love. I had every intention of buying a Naked palette that day but they were out of the ones I wanted but like I said I am happy with what I got. I know by the time I can get out to take a look at it in person I will have hit the pan on African Violet in my Laura Mercier Artist Palette so I may just have to wait for the holidays for my next palette purchase because that is my favorite eyeshadow shade ever.

Timing never works out with those Naked Palettes and me.

Umm... my sister has the original and I can barely tell the difference D: I know it's just me, but I've never been satisfied with the original palette. I know she loves it though so I'll probably get it for her birthday.

Actually, though, if I were to have to choose between Naked Basics and Naked 2 Basics, I'd pick the new one!

Whines... I just want an ombre purple/green/blue palette from UD...

People are always sick of neutrals from UD, but they have plenty of bright color palettes! It's just nobody talks about them as much. Electric was just released! That's not even close to neutral!

People are always sick of neutrals from UD, but they have plenty of bright color palettes! It's just nobody talks about them as much. Electric was just released! That's not even close to neutral!
UD only has one "bright" palette on their website right now, the rest is all Nudes or Build Your Own (excluding the Smoked and Ammo palettes which are basically edgy neutrals). It is kind of absurd to have 6 different neutral eye shadow palettes and one bright palette, which is exactly the reason I didn't get the Pulp Fiction one even though the idea behind it was neat.

Back