Christian Louboutin nail polish yay or nay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone on Sephoras forum was very rude and  incredibly disrespectful to me because I didnt like the christian Louboutin nail polish lol I may not buy sephoras products for a while just for that. Everyone  forgot to ask me why I  didnt like them  I got a free one because I model and they are constantly giving me freebies and they are not that great the color isnt attractive and for 50 dollars for one nail polish I expect quality I just didnt get it with this product.People on the sephora website try to act better than other people because  they own a nail polish I just dont think thats okay.I even had an older woman say oh well your rewards points are not Rouge VIP and I explained I buy makeup from more than just sephora lol.I dont get snobby people like that.

louboutin03.jpg

I'm not a big nail polish person, so this would be an easy "nay" for me. I just don't think there could be that much of a difference between a $15 nail polish and a $50 nail polish other than the novelty of the brand name. Also, the red color is not unique or interesting at all. I mean, I get it if people want it as an item to display and not use (sort of), which I'm guessing is the majority of people who buy it, but I personally feel like this kind of brand worship is silly. You can argue that designer shoes/clothes are better than non-designer clothes in many respects, but I just don't think this polish is so much better than a lot of the other popular, mid-high end brands. 

I'm sorry people were so rude to you, that's ... strange. They sound very snobby.

For me it's a complete and total 'nay'. I'd never buy it, I can't imagine the quality being that much better than a $10 or $15 nail polish.

I feel like designer brands come out with makeup to reel in more customers who are willing to pay $50 on the brand, but not $1000 on the clothes, know what I mean?

That's not to say I would make anyone feel bad for buying it- you do you, it's just not something I care about.

Also, it's not to say that designer makeup isn't good- it can be wonderful and amazing, but still, I feel like nail polish kind of tops out at a certain point- you can't make it *that* much better.

I don't even like the bottle, though lots of people do. If I got it I'd probably carry it around in case of a mugging- hahah!

I'm sorry to hear they were rude to you. I hate when people don't respect others opinions about a product, just because they're convinced their own is the right one. I'm pretty sure I won't be trying out the Christian Louboutin nail polishes myself. They're very expensive and not something I feel like I have to try anyway o:

I'm sorry people were so rude to you, that's ... strange. They sound very snobby.

For me it's a complete and total 'nay'. I'd never buy it, I can't imagine the quality being that much better than a $10 or $15 nail polish.

I feel like designer brands come out with makeup to reel in more customers who are willing to pay $50 on the brand, but not $1000 on the clothes, know what I mean?

That's not to say I would make anyone feel bad for buying it- you do you, it's just not something I care about.

Also, it's not to say that designer makeup isn't good- it can be wonderful and amazing, but still, I feel like nail polish kind of tops out at a certain point- you can't make it *that* much better.

I don't even like the bottle, though lots of people do. If I got it I'd probably carry it around in case of a mugging- hahah!
Sephoras forum is not one that I would recommend for reviews or makeup advice. I got numerous  private messages apologizing for those peoples actions.The people post pics of the makeup they own and do hauls I have never even taken a pic of the makeup I own lol.  I'am just not that type a person it seems a bit off to me that forum was crazy lol.It was more like a bragging makeup forum which is weird since its just makeup.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear people were rude to you!

As for nail polish itself it's a definite nay. I think the bottle is cute, and I'm totally fascinated by the fact that there is market for $50 nail polish. However, I really don't understand what properties of this nail polish can justify it's price tag. 

sorry to hear people were rude to you!

As for nail polish itself it's a definite nay. I think the bottle is cute, and I'm totally fascinated by the fact that there is market for $50 nail polish. However, I really don't understand what properties of this nail polish can justify it's price tag. 
I spent 30 dollars on mariah careys white gold 18 carat nail polish once and that was just real gold flakes  it wasnt a top coat even lol but I fell into the hype this was around Christmas time.I think sephora probably gives you a freebie with it but for me I 'am not a big nail polish person so unless I got it as a gift like I did I wouldnt even know or care about it.

I'm incredibly curious about it. I love the story behind the shoe's red bottoms being nail polish originally, but I just can't justify $50. I'm a shellac girl and a regular polish that would likely chip in a day has to be a no. I would buy it at $20 just for the bottle and novelty of it, but $50 it's a no. 

Big nay. Once a product is on your nails or on your face,( in the case of cosmetics), no one knows what brand it is.

One of the funniest Vogue interviews I ever read (many, many years ago) was when the interviewer keep staring at Drew Barrymore's blue sparkle polish. Drew noticed and asked "Do you like it?" the interviewer said she wasn't sure. Drew said "It's the latest Chanel, it's not on the market yet. I was given an advance bottle" Suddenly the interviewer was gushing about the color, wanting to know the name of the polish and all the details. Drew busted up laughing and said "God, you are such a snob! It's Wet N Wild and costs $2"

Big nay. Once a product is on your nails or on your face,( in the case of cosmetics), no one knows what brand it is.

One of the funniest Vogue interviews I ever read (many, many years ago) was when the interviewer keep staring at Drew Barrymore's blue sparkle polish. Drew noticed and asked "Do you like it?" the interviewer said she wasn't sure. Drew said "It's the latest Chanel, it's not on the market yet. I was given an advance bottle" Suddenly the interviewer was gushing about the color, wanting to know the name of the polish and all the details. Drew busted up laughing and said "God, you are such a snob! It's Wet N Wild and costs $2"
Whoa, that story is awesome, I love it!

FYI. Barbie1 was a troll over at Sephora Talk. She is not in any way the victim. People weren't rude to her. She was the one who went and attacked people, including privately messaging Sephora Beauty Talk members to trash talk. Not only that, but she made another account just to do it again. That second account had their posts removed.

Here's the first post she made in the Sephora Talk Rouge Louboutin thread:

I feel like people just fall into the hype of it all and get carried away its just a nail polish people no one will think your rich or cool  just because you own a christian louboutin nail polish lol it will not change your life  nor will it make you better than anybody else ( I feel like thats the vibe here especially from the chick who bought unicorn pee nail polish who in the right mind would buy something named after pee  ).I feel like people are getting snobby on here with the comments I'am reading and if you are rich why would you care about a cheap 50 dollar nail polish ? I would laugh at someone like that thats ridiculous.If you wanna show off do it right dont pee nail polish lol enough said.
I am on here AND active over at Beauty Talk and I was one of the first people to call her out on this. The Rouge Louboutin thread was really civil before she came in.

Stop trying to get sympathy from members here. YOU were the rude one. YOU were the one who sent harassing messages. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM.

FYI. Barbie1 was a troll over at Sephora Talk. She is not in any way the victim. People weren't rude to her. She was the one who went and attacked people, including privately messaging Sephora Beauty Talk members to trash talk. Not only that, but she made another account just to do it again. That second account had their posts removed.

Here's the first post she made in the Sephora Talk Rouge Louboutin thread:

I am on here AND active over at Beauty Talk and I was one of the first people to call her out on this. The Rouge Louboutin thread was really civil before she came in.

Stop trying to get sympathy from members here. YOU were the rude one. YOU were the one who sent harassing messages. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM.
OMG its the same troll thats hilarious lmao.I love this forum now haha.I already have the nail polish and trust me its not that great its just nail polish it cant perform miracles.Your being rude to me right now and trying to start drama with me and once again your lying the only member I messaged was the old woman who harassed me  and she started drama with me I dont think 40 yr old woman should be picking on 20 somethings period its not acceptable behavior she called me unstable , a troll and numerous remarks that I will not mention here.Also  that message above was to a rude girl who said who do people think they are they dont have christian louboutin shoes but they have the nail polish or something very similar to along those lines was what she said and shes like oh I got unicorn pee nail polish and I literally laughed my butt off when she described a nail polish she bought that was dark maroon purple  hideous and ugly color and she said it was like 150 dollars or something crazy that no one would ever want  because the color was awful  lol.She was incredibly snobby and thought she has a silver spoon up her butt because she owned a nail polish like come on no one even cares.The snobbery on the sephora forum is ridiculous and sephora is not even the most expensive makeup store you can buy from so the fact people thought they were rich on there was in many ways very very sad.

I just have one thing to say the users on sephora forum who were rude to me 

thats what the snobbery on the sephora forum felt like and the lady was like oh your not a VIP rouge sephora member so why would you buy expensive eyeshadow kits thats what the  lady said its like yeah I buy makeup from more than one store you could just tell she thought she was better than me because of makeup lol so very sad.In fact all the makeup she had looked incredibly cheap / not worth spending hundreds of dollars on.Plus she didnt even know how to apply makeup even her makeup looked horrible. I dont understand unhappy jealous people like that it just makes me angry that they think thats okay to treat people like crap and judge me someone whom they dont know and she has a kid wait until her kid is being harassed and made fun of  and being  ganged up on its exactly what she did to me she is not a good person plain and simple.

LOL people were NOT rude to you. You were the one that sent numerous hate messages, called someone an old lady, stalked people's profiles, and you were the only one who doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your"

LOL people were NOT rude to you. You were the one that sent numerous hate messages, called someone an old lady, stalked people's profiles, and you were the only one who doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your"
I sent a message after the lady sent me a hate message on a public forum for bashing.I got many messages  of people who were apologizing / saying I'am so sorry you have to deal with this because the forum people were jerks to me for no reason  only after did I say something to her to defend myself I'am in my 20s I dont take that crap from anyone Idc if shes 40 yrs old she was in the wrong and she picked the wrong chick to harass clearly.Since you only have 1 post I'am assuming your a troll just here to start drama so thanks for caring so much to  make an account and do all that just for me lmao.Yes a 40 yr old woman is old compared to someone in their 20s and she had that coming you should of saw what she said to me.How did I stalk anyones profile I'am only on sephora to buy products ?You can call me dumb and do your hate thing all you want I'am an attractive girl its not the first time anyones ever said I was dumb  I could care less I know  who I'am.Sephoras forum users all have one thing in common they are all VERY immature no matter what age of the spectrum they are at they all have that in common.

OMG its the same troll thats hilarious lmao.I love this forum now haha.I already have the nail polish and trust me its not that great its just nail polish it cant perform miracles.Your being rude to me right now and trying to start drama with me and once again your lying the only member I messaged was the old woman who harassed me  and she started drama with me I dont think 40 yr old woman should be picking on 20 somethings period its not acceptable behavior she called me unstable , a troll and numerous remarks that I will not mention here.Also  that message above was to a rude girl who said who do people think they are they dont have christian louboutin shoes but they have the nail polish or something very similar to along those lines was what she said and shes like oh I got unicorn pee nail polish and I literally laughed my butt off when she described a nail polish she bought that was dark maroon purple  hideous and ugly color and she said it was like 150 dollars or something crazy that no one would ever want  because the color was awful  lol.She was incredibly snobby and thought she has a silver spoon up her butt because she owned a nail polish like come on no one even cares.The snobbery on the sephora forum is ridiculous and sephora is not even the most expensive makeup store you can buy from so the fact people thought they were rich on there was in many ways very very sad.

I just have one thing to say the users on sephora forum who were rude to me 

The only troll on makeup forums is YOU. The people on Sephora's forum were NOT rude to you. You were the one that was making offensive comments to others. You were the one that mocked people who can afford expensive makeup. You were the one that needed to create multiple accounts so that you can troll around. 

I don't understand why you STILL need to talk about the Louboutin nail polish. I don't understand why you can't let this issue go. I don't understand why you hate Sephora so much, but you still talk about it. 

I sent a message after the lady sent me a hate message on a public forum for bashing.I got many messages  of people who were apologizing / saying I'am so sorry you have to deal with this because the forum people were jerks to me for no reason  only after did I say something to her to defend myself I'am in my 20s I dont take that crap from anyone Idc if shes 40 yrs old she was in the wrong and she picked the wrong chick to harass clearly.Since you only have 1 post I'am assuming your a troll just here to start drama so thanks for caring so much to  make an account and do all that just for me lmao.Yes a 40 yr old woman is old compared to someone in their 20s and she had that coming you should of saw what she said to me.How did I stalk anyones profile I'am only on sephora to buy products ?You can call me dumb and do your hate thing all you want I'am an attractive girl its not the first time anyones ever said I was dumb  I could care less I know  who I'am.Sephoras forum users all have one thing in common they are all VERY immature no matter what age of the spectrum they are at they all have that in common.
I can assure you she didn't send a hate message. She's a very nice and MATURE woman than can handle anything, unlike you. You obviously created your account today just to bash Sephora and it's members. Seriously, you need to stop spreading rumors and lies just so you can get sympathy and feel better about yourself. 

And you could care less? that means you do care

The only troll on makeup forums is YOU. The people on Sephora's forum were NOT rude to you. You were the one that was making offensive comments to others. You were the one that mocked people who can afford expensive makeup. You were the one that needed to create multiple accounts so that you can troll around. 

I don't understand why you STILL need to talk about the Louboutin nail polish. I don't understand why you can't let this issue go. I don't understand why you hate Sephora so much, but you still talk about it. 
Thats a lie but you can lie all you want I know what happened to me on the forum I was there sweetie.People were making offensive comments to me then expecting me to not defend myself maybe but I'am not spineless I have a backbone I stand up for whats right and defend my honor which is the right thing to do when your being harassed / ridiculed by many women who are 20 times older than you are which is sad in itself that they acted that way.I needed to create an account because a 40 yr old kept talking about me on a forum nonstop like I was her child  which by the way she doesnt take care of her child shes always on a makeup forum lol.Its funny yet incredibly sad at the same time.If she wants to do low blows about me I dont see how she expected any different in return.I'am a grown woman I can stand alone and defend myself I dont need an army behind me she on the other hand did which says a lot about her as a woman in her 40s who acted like she was 16.

I dont hate sephora I just dont think their the greatest in the entire world when it comes to makeup products.

Latest posts

Back