Memebox Points

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't help but notice that people are always talking about buying Memeboxes for extremely cheap because of their saved up points. When I first signed up for Memebox I was getting the 3 free points for using referral links for specific boxes, but now that I'm "caught up" and just focusing on new boxes I buy them when they do the $3 off for VIP for a day, then always taking advantage of promo codes/bundles/VIP codes. I read that you used to get free points back for shipping costs, but that no longer seems to be the case. I can't seem to figure out how everyone gets so many points, can those of you that have figured out the Memebox game, please give the rest of us some tips! 

(I could really use some discounts to help justifying all of my box buying!)

From my personal experience, I took advantage of the points they were giving away for new accounts, and then using a promo that ended a while ago for 15 points. Once those ran out, I mostly just use the $5 off codes that the bloggers have (you can use 1 per month). 

However, a couple weeks ago one of the girls on here mentioned that reviewers can get 3 points per blog/video review/etc, so I started a blog and submitted my reviews to the affiliates team, so I'm earning points that way.

Some of the higher-earning affiliates earn points based on their revenues, but I'm not very knowledgeable about that, so someone else can explain that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From my personal experience, I took advantage of the points they were giving away for new accounts, and then using a promo that ended a while ago for 15 points. Once those ran out, I mostly just use the $5 off codes that the bloggers have (you can use 1 per month). 

However, a couple weeks ago one of the girls on here mentioned that reviewers can get 3 points per blog/video review/etc, so I started a blog and submitted my reviews to the affiliates team, so I'm earning points that way.

Some of the higher-earning affiliates earn points based on their revenues, but I'm not very knowledgeable about that, so someone else can explain that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, that explains it then, so many people on here do seem to have their own blogs. Darn, I was hoping there was something I was missing, that didn't involve that much effort! Well, i know JUST before I signed up they had some amazing deals (i heard about $15 off plus another $10 off coupon), so I hope they start offering something like that again, plus some great VIP deals (I heard about the 15 points).

I notice that a lot of people talk about having multiple Memebox accounts, is there a reason for that? And is it allowed? 

How do you submit your blog reviews for points to the affiliate team? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How do you submit your blog reviews for points to the affiliate team? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You email a link of the review to affiliate (at) memebox dot com. Usually takes about a day to have them email you back, but it's 3 points per review.

Plus I think you have to join the affiliate program first--click on the link under the login that says Refer Friends Earn Points or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that explains it then, so many people on here do seem to have their own blogs. Darn, I was hoping there was something I was missing, that didn't involve that much effort! Well, i know JUST before I signed up they had some amazing deals (i heard about $15 off plus another $10 off coupon), so I hope they start offering something like that again, plus some great VIP deals (I heard about the 15 points).

I notice that a lot of people talk about having multiple Memebox accounts, is there a reason for that? And is it allowed? 
Personally I have...5 accounts? Haha. But I only use my main one now. I made a bunch (and I know I'm not the only one!) when the $15 coupon work, and when signing up gave you 10 points to use immediately. The downside to doing that is boxes get spread across accounts, which can get confusing, and you won't make VIP (VIP status is when you order 5+ boxes (separately) within 90 days). 

It's commission they earn from the blogs, not just reviews. When readers use their affiliate links, they get however many points for it. I don't know what the system is. Then the people with blogs who are semi-popular get boxes to gives away in a "contest" which really just gets random people to subscribe to their twitter/instagram/etc. It's mostly a system for promoting memebox and giving them followers who follow for no reason other than to enter the contest and get free stuff. If you want VIP status, you have to buy 5 boxes on 1 account = @$100+ and you have to maintain this to keep status. So spend money constantly and you occasionally get a discount.

tl;dr memebox provides you with followers and in turn you get points.

Personally I have...5 accounts? Haha. But I only use my main one now. I made a bunch (and I know I'm not the only one!) when the $15 coupon work, and when signing up gave you 10 points to use immediately. The downside to doing that is boxes get spread across accounts, which can get confusing, and you won't make VIP (VIP status is when you order 5+ boxes (separately) within 90 days). 
I JUST missed that $15 off coupon, and was kicking myself for it. I hope they do something like that again, and if they do it's nice to know that multiple accounts can be made. I'm surprised Memebox hasn't caught onto people doing that and done something about it. I do have VIP status on my account, but since I've ordered so many boxes since signing up, it wouldn't hurt at all to spread them out a bit to take advantage of any great coupons that come up again. Do people on this forum tend to alert others of those coupons, or do I need to follow Memebox on Facebook or something?

Thank you so much! 

I JUST missed that $15 off coupon, and was kicking myself for it. I hope they do something like that again, and if they do it's nice to know that multiple accounts can be made. I'm surprised Memebox hasn't caught onto people doing that and done something about it. I do have VIP status on my account, but since I've ordered so many boxes since signing up, it wouldn't hurt at all to spread them out a bit to take advantage of any great coupons that come up again. Do people on this forum tend to alert others of those coupons, or do I need to follow Memebox on Facebook or something?

Thank you so much! 
I found out by reading these forums. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The lovely people here are great about alerting others for deals!

I also got lucky about 3 weeks ago, they gave out 15 points on new accounts that hadn't had any purchases yet. I still had an account I'd opened just after the "sign up and get 10 points!" period, so I never used it, and got the random 15 points. They went fast, haha! But now I'm out of email addresses! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wondered if they discontinued the 15 point coupon because so many people were using it...I know a few of us on here were making new accounts, for sure. Heh. I also follow Memebox on Facebook, that's how I saw the CuteBox #1 was briefly back in stock earlier tonight. Sometimes they announce stuff on there before we catch on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out by reading these forums. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The lovely people here are great about alerting others for deals!

I also got lucky about 3 weeks ago, they gave out 15 points on new accounts that hadn't had any purchases yet. I still had an account I'd opened just after the "sign up and get 10 points!" period, so I never used it, and got the random 15 points. They went fast, haha! But now I'm out of email addresses! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wondered if they discontinued the 15 point coupon because so many people were using it...I know a few of us on here were making new accounts, for sure. Heh. I also follow Memebox on Facebook, that's how I saw the CuteBox #1 was briefly back in stock earlier tonight. Sometimes they announce stuff on there before we catch on here.
Thank you! I just opened a few more accounts (and got 2 points instead of the 3 that I got under my main account, looks like I JUST missed out on that!) With the ability to reuse the $5 off coupons, that's enough to basically get free shipping on a few boxes, if I see more I want this month. Gosh, Memebox really is addiction. 

I bought a few of the restocks last night, and they just kept adding them, I woke up to find that I missed out on a couple that I had hoping would show up. The restocks really do sell like crazy, Memebox will definitely be keeping me on my toes.

I really hope they do another coupon similar to the $15 off (or the $10 off one), that would definitely make it a lot easier to justify my Memebox spending. 

Memebox randomly gives out points.  They're giving out some right now, it looks like, too.

It's not super consistent either.

So USA people got 3 points yesterday.  Now they're handing out 5 "miss you" points.

Last month, VIP's got 15 (!!!) points which was amazing!  

Everyone is hoping they'll do that again.

Memebox seems to give points out toward the end of the month so here's hoping we get more!

Then Memebox gives points for broken or damaged items, problems, etc...

If there's a little more talk about points than usual it's because many bloggers just found out that Memebox gives 3 Memepoints per review so there's been a bunch of buzz about that in the last week or so.

I hope the 3 points per blog remains, I've got some boxes coming that I want to review

Latest posts

Back