Boxycharm, Glossy Box, Sample Society or Lip Factory?!?!?!?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help!!  I have been receiving Birchbox and Ipsy but have decided to cancel both and try out just one new subscription service.  Can anyone give me any insight on Boxycharm, Glossy Box, Sample Society or Lip Factory?  And which one you prefer?  Thank you sooooo much in advance!

June's boxycharm included a Tarte cheek stain in blushing bride and Tarina Tarantino eye products among others; in July, they had more generic brands and it was all makeup.  I liked Glossybox - in July, there was a skininc serum, a glamglow, a malin+goetz lip balm and others.  I think there was mention of Lip Factory having a good all about lips (a few times a year) but otherwise may have discontinued products.  In August Sample Society, there was an oribe surf mousse, a too faced melted peony and others.  In July Sample Society, there was a butter london nail polish, a laura mercier baked highlight powder, and others.  I lean toward Sample Society ($15) and Glossybox ($21), but I have all of them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I receive them all but lip factory. Sample society has more high end products which tend to range from small samples to full size; also they include a lot more skin care. Boxycharm is quickly turning into my favorite because they have so far all been full size products from some pretty decent brands and useful product. Glossybox is a hit or miss, some months I feel like o wasted my money, and others it's been my favorite. But I will continue to receive them all until I can't afford to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have always loved Glossybox, but Boxycharm is knocking it out of the park right now. 

I've never received a single discontinued product from lipfactory. Anyway, they send only makeup and nail polish. Always full size items. Usually around 5 items. This month we got 7! They do frequently send brands I've never heard of or tried. I like that, and I'm almost always happy with what I received.

Sample Society (at least from what I can tell) sends out a little "higher end" items. Typically more recognizable brands. Like this month's Too Faced Melted lipstick. I didn't keep/try any of the items I received this month.They have super fast shipping.

I've not tried glossybox or boxy charm. Although I am considering giving both of them a go. I don't know if you already subscribe to Starlooks' starbox, but you might want to give that one a shot.

Out of the ones I've tried Lipfactory (and starlooks) are my favorite. They're my only current subs since I cancelled all the rest for not being up to par.

Just wondering, for those of you Lip Factory fans, are you able to find the brands/products that they send at any retailers?  Most have said that they send new brands or ones you haven't heard of and I just wonder if you have been able to find them to try other products as well?  Lip Factory is a sub I have been considering.  I did Starlooks last month and LOVED what they sent!  I was afraid the colors were going to be too bright for me, but everything worked perfect!  I did decide to skip this month just because of product overload at the moment, but will probably resub next month. 

I do subscribe to Boxycharm and Sample Society, love them both.  I just cancelled Glossybox, but will probably resub next month (I am still going to be receiving August anyway).  I want to dislike one of them so I can permanently cancel, but there is always something that I really like from each!  It is a tough decision they are all good!  Sorry I am no help!  I am still under a year in subbing to boxes, so they are all still pretty exciting!

I subscribe to all of them but Lip Factory. I would reccomend subscribing to Sample Society. Although this one only sends deluxe sized samples (so far since their switch to Allure), all of the products are great. This month we got Ciate, Too Faced, Orbie, and some more great brands.

For Boxycharm you can just wait until all of the three spoilers are out. Everyone always gets five products but they spoil three of them before hand. You could also wait until you find a picture of the whole box before you subscribe each month to see if you want to get a extra box that month, and you can cancel your subscription and go on and off with them.

Glossybox is OK. I have noticed it is either a hot or not box, and now with their new sign up proccess, you have to cancel your subscription by the start of the month if you want to cancel, and start a new one by the 15, which makes it hard because if you are not sure about the month they only spoil one or two products by that time.

If you like the boxes to be a surprise each month and know nothing that is in them, two of these will not help, but if you do not mind taking a little sneak then it is all good. Good luck! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the greatest experience with Lip Factory thus far (only recieved two) and they are soo good. Filled with only fullsized products and they really match your beautyprofile. I have not recieved a shade of lipstick etc I wont use. Really good value and items for what you pay!

Thanks, so much, for our opinions everyone!!  I'm getting my August Birchbox and Ipsy so I'm gonna wait until September to subscribe somewhere new!  I'm glad I have a little time to think about it!  Subscription boxes can be so overwhelming!

@  I live way out in the woods, so if it isn't at Wal-mart, I have to order over the Internet and I haven't had any trouble finding any of the products Lip Factory has sent out. (By which I mean I can find them online, not in stores.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also never have any problems finding the products lipfactory sends online. Occasionally they do send NYX and last month the sent Pallidio which can be found at Ulta. 

I've never gotten Lip Factory, but I'd guess that the person who mentioned hearing about discontinued items was actually thinking of Lip Monthly as their first two months were almost entirely discontinued products.

Based on the last two months, I'd go with Sample Society. Great boxes. I was subbed to Glossybox, but now I'd rather just wait for spoilers and then subscribe because they seem to alternate between good and bad months. The June Boxycharm was amazing, but the last two didn't look that exciting to me.

One of my favorite brands that lip Factory sends out is Teeze Cosmetics and I can't find their products online. I emailed the company directly and was told they are not available in the States yet. Boooo!

Latest posts

Back