Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just curious how many of us smoke here, on regular basis or ocasionally... we all know it is a horrible habit, for our health, for our skin... but some of us still do it. How it is with you?

and those who quit, please share your story, it might be inspiring for those who want to quit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will also attach a pole, to see the percentages :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can make a poll for this thread vanilla_sky.

I don't smoke though, the smoke getting me headaches all the time.

I used to smoke but gave up 2 years ago. I just went cold turkey and chewed on a biro when i had cravings or else i drank water. I might smoke the odd one every few months but i've never been tempted to go back on them.

I smoked for 13 or 14 years I always said I would quit before I turned 30 & I did. Dec 14th was my 4 year anniversary for quitting :icon_chee . Me & my hubby just decided it was time. I quit cold turkey also it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be.

yes, I did attach a pole:)

good for you that you don't smoke :clap it's the best not to start at all.

Laura and Min, congratulations for strong will. It's never too late to quit. I used to smoke heavily, then I kind of quit, but I still smoke occasionally during parties, and I always feel very guilty afterwards.

I smoked on social gatherings for about 3 years, then 5 years ago I quit. I realized I look preetier without a cigarette, and so does my skin.

I smoked for 14 years (except when I was Pregnant or nursing) and quit a couple of years ago. I went cold turkey. Hard in the beginning when the urge comes but if you could make in 10-20 min thru that it would end.

:clap agree! I wish they would ban it in London, it's so nice in Ireland and America to be able to go to a bar or restaurant etc and not have to smell or breathe it in.

I'm such an anti smoker. I dont want to cause offense to anybody but I personally think its one of the most disgusting habits anybody could have, its just vile. I'm even put of nightclubs just cause I hate it so much.

All of my friends smoke since they were 13, I tried once when I was 18 and I didn't like it!

I completely agree with ya! It's a very nasty, expensive habit!

I'm so glad it's been banned in my town. I always hated when I would ask for nonsmoking and be seated near the smoking section. So many times i've had to ask to be reseated because of that.

I agree Trisha, it is a disgusting habit and if I could turn back time I would never put a cigarette in my mouth, I was young and stupid and I listened to my friend who convinced me to do it. It was really stupid.

I don't like public smoking, even though I smoke sometimes. I got so used to how it is in the US, no smoking in cafes, restaurants, clubs. now I came to Poland to visit and it was shocking - people smoking everywhere. It's hard to get used to it again...

Exactly.

In a bar it's not that bad, but in a restaurant.... ruins my meal!

yeah I completely understand that you weren't judgmental:) people have addictions, if not smoking, something else, almost everybody struggles with something! but I do agree smoking is horrible habit and I wish I never tried it!

I used to smoke, but quit 11 september 2001!!!!!

Yes it`s easy to remember that date!

I was not a heavy smoker, but enjoyed it at social gatherings!!Now I am the worst anti-smoker ever acording to my friends, but they have quit too!I love that it got forbidden to smoke on bars and restaurants here in Norway two years ago!!!

Back