evildrporkchop

Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Please, GB. Send me the Black Dahlia.

I'm glad to see the Bvlgari product is so much bigger than the shower gel they sent us in a past box. As fancy as Bvlgari is, I'm not sure how I feel about being given a hotel toiletry item. Ah, well. The bottle's pretty. I hope I get a conditioner rather than the shampoo.

• Like 1

Here is mine.  Not sure if I need to spoiler this or not, so I did.

post-90268-0-47445500-1410556359_thumb.jpg

Also, the polish will be in either Madison Ave-Hue or She's Pampered.  I think the other variations were already mentioned.

Edited by JenniferV
  • Like 2

http://prettyshinysparkly.com/harpers-bazaar-glossybox/

Saw this.... Is the clutch included? How does this person already have a box?

This blogger has as a lot of them always get sent the GB free to review and advertise. Prettyshinysparkly also got the GB with the La Prairie items weeks before the paid customers got ours. Shoulder shug, right here.

Edited by Kdlane

I didn't know where else to ask this...

I cancelled my GB subscription yesterday and Sept should be my last month but I just checked my email and it says that Dec is my last month (I bought a 3 mon sub in July).  On their website it says that to opt out of renewing my sub I'd need to cancel by Sept 14 (Sun) because they'll start charging Sept 15 (Mon).  I tried calling but it's after business hours and I really don't want to get charged.  Has anyone been in this situation, were you charged even though you cancelled before the deadline?  Did they refund you?

My box shipped today, it's like a miracle! Now as long as Newgistics keeps their $h!t together, I may have the box by the Wednesday after next! :w00t:

• Like 3

I ordered an extra box from the Harper's Bazaar site, and that box has already shipped via UPS. No tracking for my regular subscription box yet.

Same here! Hoping my regular GB ships soon!

I love that we get the lip brush too with the lip tar!!

if i'm not mistaken, the brush comes with the lip tar. i got a lip tar from my summer swap buddy and it included a lip brush with a wrapper around it to prevent the lip color from getting on other items.

• Like 2

My box is in pack mode and its due to be received on 9/19.   I bet I get it before as the estimated date is usually later than the date I actually receive it.  Cool.

There is a "September Spoiler" location on the GLOSSYBOX page.   It reveals all of the products with a very clear picture.  I know we already know the contents but, its the best picture I have seen.  

• Like 1

I got my box.. I got the ugly orange OCC lip tar.. :-(   I haven't even swatched it because I plan to give it away/trade it or something..  I do like the nail polish color I got.. and I love the Benefit They're Real mascara -- even though I already have a tube open plus a back up waiting to be opened.. travel size items are always nice.. it was an okay month..

@@dash4 - Mine hasn't' even shipped.  Its suppose to be here tomorrow.  So much for that.  Is the OCC lip tar really ugly orange?  I was hoping to get that one because it looked like a nude color.   Crap-ola.  I don't think I will like either color.  

The best thing about the lip tars is you can change the color, I mix them together or with other glosses to make the color I want. If you end up with one (and aren't going to trade it) try playing with it first. I've had a few colors that I was at first UGH about that really work well for me. 

• Like 3

Authentic actually turned out pretty nicely. If you apply it with a light hand, it's peach with subtle shimmer. It's only metallic orange if you really layer it on. I'm surprised by how much I like it.

• Like 4

Wait, I don't understand the love for lip tars.  Are they water proof or something?  Otherwise it seems like a bit of a hassle to apply.

@@liilak They are like a stain and last forever, but they don't really dry my lips out. Also you can go light or dark with the same one and still have the staying power.

So I got that coupon from MSA for $45 for 3 months.  Except I have a current 3 mo sub that ends on October.  Is there a way to add on to my current 3 month sub or will I just end up with 2 Sept and 2 Oct boxes if I do this?

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month :P

Got my box! I got the Authentic/Madison Ave-Hue/Au the Blanc version, and I am actually quite happy.. I would have never worn that Black Dahlia Lip Tar. But I am curious. Has anyone with a sub received the other variation yet? I don't even remember what the other Essie color was, but I m not a huge fan of the pink. However, I do not like Au the Vert as much as the Blanc, so I guess what I m wondering is, were there only the two variations? If so I am happy with mine! :smilehappyyes:

• Like 2

So I got that coupon from MSA for $45 for 3 months.  Except I have a current 3 mo sub that ends on October.  Is there a way to add on to my current 3 month sub or will I just end up with 2 Sept and 2 Oct boxes if I do this?

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month

Sorry if this is totally obvious, but what is MSA and could you share the code? I may want to purchase extras for Christmas gifts...$15 is a good deal, now that they jacked up the gift boxes.

*My Subscription Addition (duh) I was just looking over the pet subs on there today!

Edited by sarap

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month

Sorry if this is totally obvious, but what is MSA and could you share the code? I may want to purchase extras for Christmas gifts...$15 is a good deal, now that they jacked up the gift boxes.

*My Subscription Addition (duh) I was just looking over the pet subs on there today!

Yep, you are right.  And the code is unique but if i end up not being able to use it I will PM you with it.  I have to make my decision by Sunday (it expires then).

• Like 1

@@dash4 - Mine hasn't' even shipped.  Its suppose to be here tomorrow.  So much for that.  Is the OCC lip tar really ugly orange?  I was hoping to get that one because it looked like a nude color.   Crap-ola.  I don't think I will like either color.  

It looks very orange in the tube, but evildrporkchop has actually swatched it, so she knows better than I do. I do not like shimmery lip products at all - or oranges... I actually prefer a matte lip.. so I won't be opening mine to test it, because I really don't think I will like it.

I got the Essie Madison Ave-Hue nail polish (the pink one) and it is beautiful.. I really don't want any more nail polishes, but I am glad I got this one, because the color is just gorgeous.. not really a "fall" color though but I don't change my nail color/makeup to go with the seasons anyway.

• Like 1

ARGH! I signed up for a three month subscription, where my last box is in October. I cancelled a few weeks ago because of their new billing policies (getting billed two months in advance is not cool). Now it's showing on my account that I have no active subscriptions and I don't know if that means I'm still getting two more boxes or if they idiotically stopped my three month sub. I've only received one box so far. :angry:

ARGH! I signed up for a three month subscription, where my last box is in October. I cancelled a few weeks ago because of their new billing policies (getting billed two months in advance is not cool). Now it's showing on my account that I have no active subscriptions and I don't know if that means I'm still getting two more boxes or if they idiotically stopped my three month sub. I've only received one box so far. :angry:

I've had this happen before and got the rest of my boxes. You can shoot them an email to ease your mind though.

ALSO, is there a GB trade thread for Sept? Couldn't find one in the swap section. Desperately want Black Dahlia. :(