JenTX

Sample Society September 2014 - Spoilers & Discussion

Allure Sample Society or ASS for short ;) Can we make the threads ASS *Spoilers*??  jk

...because everyone loves a good ASS-spoiling.

• Like 4

Any oldschool BtVS fandom people here? This discussion is now reminding me of the ASS Brigade.

• Like 4

Any oldschool BtVS fandom people here? This discussion is now reminding me of the ASS Brigade.

Weirdly enough, I'm watching it RIGHT now!  (Season 5, when her mom is starting to get sick)

Sept's box will be my first US beauty sub box! (I bought a box from Memebox not long ago.) The eye cream sealed the deal for me, like it did for so many others. I am just a tad worried about whether it will be useful for me? Is anyone of you 23 years old or younger and are getting this box? Am I starting on anti-aging creams too soon? You know how there are articles floating around the internet about how anti-aging stuff might be more harmful than beneficial sometimes.

Edited by sunimunni

@@sunimunni I'm a little older than you (24) and I just started an anti-aging regimen in June. According to my mom, eye cream is the most important part and it's not too early for it haha.

• Like 2

I don't think it's really ever to early to start doing anti aging preventative care. At least not as long as you are using products that are appropriate for your skin type. Since you're so young, you probably don't need retinoids or anything with collagen, glycolic acid. Using these types of products will most likely do a lot more harm than good. An eye cream, and antioxidants would most likely be just right. 

• Like 1

Sept's box will be my first US beauty sub box! (I bought a box from Memebox not long ago.) The eye cream sealed the deal for me, like it did for so many others. I am just a tad worried about whether it will be useful for me? Is anyone of you 23 years old or younger and are getting this box? Am I starting on anti-aging creams too soon? You know how there are articles floating around the internet about how anti-aging stuff might be more harmful than beneficial sometimes.

Start using it before you get wrinkles, and you'll get them later, and get fewer of 'em. I took crappy care of my skin until my early 30s and I regret it. 

• Like 2

Start using it before you get wrinkles, and you'll get them later, and get fewer of 'em. I took crappy care of my skin until my early 30s and I regret it.

You are soo very right! I am 51 and I have less wrinkles than some 30 year olds. Been stuck at that "I can see wrinkles" while everyone else says I don't have any, stage for over 15 years . Yeah you have to be a few inches from the mirror but there is something there.

But I just found something that makes that go away entirely! Woot woot!

This thread.... Couldn't find it under general, so I made a new post. Whoopsie! Even did searches... So glad this box has more of a following than I thought. Just wish I found this sub back when it was body care heavy.

I wonder when the next spoiler will be? The difference in this sub since the relaunch/branding is just incredible! Let's all hope it stays as wonderful as the past two months have been.

• Like 4

I wonder when the next spoiler will be? The difference in this sub since the relaunch/branding is just incredible! Let's all hope it stays as wonderful as the past two months have been.

Me too!  I want to see one more spoiler before I decide to take the leap and sign up (for this month, got the first box in the relaunch-July? but unsubbed for August due to having items or not being interested in them).  With only 2 BBs for sub boxes there is an Ipsy sized hole in my life I feel the need to fill!

Come on SS!

My thoughts on the new spoiler:

1. No. Nope. No. September box and they're doing tanning towelettes? Come on. Not to mention I rather like my ghostly pale skin! 

2. I am actually happy to see them overall because (yay they've teamed up with Tarte!) and my mom loves the Tarte self tanning line, so i'll be giving these to her.

Can't love EVERY spoiler, so while this is a dud for me, I'm still excited for what else is in the box. More importantly, I'm hoping to see more from Tarte in future boxes :)

• Like 8

I'm definitely beyond unenthused for these.  Hopefully they do one more spoiler this month that completely wows me!  Otherwise I may skip the Sept box.

(the cheering you just heard in the background is from my wallet)

• Like 4

It's nice to see them working with tarte, but this seems like the wrong thing to spoil in order to drum up interest. It's just... Bleh. It actually kind of makes me want to cancel.

• Like 3

I was surprised by this one too. But, I am excited enough for the eye cream that this one doesn't really matter. I would pay $15 for just the eye cream, the rest is gift with purchase.

• Like 2

Happy to see Tarte.  Not jazzed about these.  However, that's the "beauty" of these surprise boxes sometimes .  ;) I don't like self tanners because of the stink.  So, perhaps if these are stinkless, I may have found something.  I will give them a whirl.

Face tanning? No thanks. 

Maybe there will be enough little towelettes to do my legs. 

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw them.

I am actually excited for this spoiler!  I enjoy self tanning stuff and now that summer is winding down I can use them to extend my summer "glow" :smilehappyyes:

• Like 1