Help copying a makeup look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I was scrolling through my instagram feed and came along this girl and I REALLY like her makeup. Maybe its a little much in some peoples opinion but I really love it but im not sure how to copy it. Any suggestions? Thanks!  :)

926506_552261348218184_1341100217_n.jpg

10175255_759793854054069_1452709392_n.jpg

10453967_1644754772416926_1054805775_n.jpg

10554120_338155346340349_549694840_n.jpg

Not sure what the products she used are but it looks like:

Filled in her lips with a lip pencil to make them look bigger and plumped

Big thick cat eye, gel eyeliner

Black shadow in the crease, above wing of eyeliner

Black eyeliner in the tightline

White/nude eyeliner in the waterline

Heavy mascara application on top and bottom lashes

Heavy bronzer/blusher on the cheeks.

Good luck!

Definitely fake eye lashes. Need a really good super black mascara. Maybe mally's. Eyeliner I'd recommend one of those liquid pencils like bare minerals has. Lips...keep it neutral. Red apple lipstick makes a great nude color called naughty or a gloss called honey badger. Smokey gray eyeshadow color with an off white slight peach touch for eyes.

That girl is just really pretty in general. If I copied her makeup to a T  it wouldn't look nearly as pretty. 
I'm mad jealous of her beautiful hair!

Very basic colors, black on eyes, white liner above lip,( which needs blending), possibly two sets of lashes, or one full strip with an extra half strip at outer corners. It's very heavy-handed, but she is a very pretty girl.

I think that good idea is to ask her about products she used. If she is talkative it will be no problem for her and you will know what products exactly was used to get that effect  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah on her top lip she's obviously used a concealer a shade lighter than her skin tone, a rosey-nude lip pencil and a lip balm. When using a lip pencil rather than a lipstick it has more of a waxy-real to lip look. A lot of celebrity makeup artists use it (I would know). Just don't forget to scrub your lips before hand because the layer can get flakey without soft supple lips. Also make sure to apply lip balm last as if you do it before hand it'll create a layer that will cause the lipliner to slide around instead of staying put.

Her skin is super matte, so I suggest using makeup artist Wayne Goss's idea of doing a soft layer of powder FIRST as a primer, then really working in a small amount of foundation over the powder. Not only does it give fuller coverage, you use less product on both sides, and get the most realistic matte finish. For brides I skip the cheek bones and under the eyes with the powder so it can have more of a glow effect there but this model does not seem to have any major glow in that area. The video is on youtube on how to do this step.

Basic rosy nude blush, Tarte amazonian clay has one really similar to what she is wearing. Looks like no contouring but a very slight shine at the very top of the cheek. Nars Orgasm highlighter has one that looks mad fab on cam.

Thick smudged cat liner and definitely wearing falsies, the velour ones are really great.

And of course full brows, little tiny bit of brow gel would probably do good. You could use powder or pencil for this look really, very basic brow. Plenty of tutorials on youtube.

It's hard to tell with the filters what products exactly she is using but I could find very similar ones if you really wanted me to.

Back