Kelly Silva

Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

The Fete box is calling my name!  

My box doesn't show the size of the products but shows:

juliettehasagun_anyway_100ml_900x900.jpg
Juliette Has a Gun Anyway - 100 ml 10
$120.00

It has been stuck in Elizabeth NJ since the 12th. 
--------------------------------------------------------
This is my box too and mine and mine says it was on the way to Atlanta on the 10th and then in transit to NJ on the 12th and nothing else....

Is everybody's Temptu really watery?  it was probably made for the airbrush system, but it's really tough to apply on its own.  

I love the Tocca.  They could send me one of each of those fragrances, tyvm.  

My box was also showing the scrub in the preview photo but had the lotion listed. I got the scrub last month on this account and it wasn't an Everygirl box so I was a tad concerned. Rest assured, I did get the lotion. Side note, it smells like fruit loops!

Thanks!

So mad right now. I actually got 2 August boxes on my primary account. My September box arrived on the 11th. The next day, another Birchbox, an August box, with a paper saying it's the Welcome Box for the 3-month sub I gifted myself. That's bull crap because the card is the Hibernation one from August, not the regular Welcome Box card. I unsubbed, rrsubbed, and prepaid July and August with 2 100-point codes in July, then prepaid for my September box on August 1st with a 100-point promo.

I think I got those same pinchbowls at Target for like $10. Or at least very similar ones. I like Birchbox for makeup and skincare, not for home items. And we rarely entertain at home since our house isn't very party-friendly the way it's laid out. So skipping this one! Hoping they do a LE box for the holidays, maybe with makeup/winter skin care?

I would definitely get a box like that, so I really hope they do.

Yesterday I complained that there was no sign of my monthly box box and today it magically shows up today!

I ordered the Fete box, using the TAKEOFF20 code. I have the mini size of those Core pinch bowls and love those, so I am excited for the bigger ones. I NEED those salad hands and the plastic decanter will be nice. I am really excited about those simple syrups, my husband and I love mixing cocktails and I LOVE stationary. So call me weird, but this box is perfect for me. 

This was my box:

TOCCA Crema da Mano Luxe - Hand Cream- Love it, smells nice and a fantastic size, not too greasy

RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer, Naked- Like it, the color is nice and different enough from the Sahara that was in the Mermaid box

RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes- Love these, they smell great and are very moisturizing, and not drying.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture - Not a fan, I haven't changed my perfume in years due to my pickiness.

TEMPTU S/B Highlighter- Excited for this, but it is more of a bronzer than a highlighter for me.

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate - Super excited for this, it smells great and is light on the skin.  

Edited by Spazkatt
  • Like 1

My box finally arrived today, with a missing Temptu. The Macadamia Healing Spray is the travel size (2oz), and the Acure Day Cream is the same size tube as the scrub from last month. (It's very generous, 1 oz and the full size is 1.7oz)

Apparently my box came in the mail today and no one bothered to tell me. I just walked by the table and saw it sitting there. After opening the box, I'm a little meh. I got the Davines, Shisheido, You-Be, mascara box. Plus, my box was a plain old brown box, not a printed box. Double meh.

Finally got my BBs today!  My Fashionista box which was "born" 5 days after my yearly sub account showed up on the same day!

Loving the sample sizes this month!

Fashionista Box

post-84001-0-86027200-1410926435_thumb.jpg

The Naobay and CR eyeliner are dupes but I plan to add them to the Circular swap 6 box.

My yearly sub Box 34

post-84001-0-14525700-1410926403_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to try out the Macadamia products!

• Like 1

I think they changed what was in my box between the reveal and when I got it.  I was supposed to get:

Real Chemistry Peel

the Davines Trio

Temptu

Acure Scrub

Laura Mercier Mascara

Instead of the last two things I got the Acure body lotion and Ageless Loofah Scrub.  The picture at the top of the page still shows the original things, but the product list shows the two things they changed.  I was really looking forward to trying the Laura Mercier mascara :(.

Finally got my BBs today!  My Fashionista box which was "born" 5 days after my yearly sub account showed up on the same day!

Loving the sample sizes this month!

Fashionista Box

attachicon.gifphoto 3-53.JPG

The Naobay and CR eyeliner are dupes but I plan to add them to the Circular swap 6 box.

My yearly sub Box 34

attachicon.gifphoto 1-99.JPG

Can't wait to try out the Macadamia products!

I got the Harvey Prince lotion last month - holy crap it smells amazing!  I brought in into work and a bunch of the ladies now want to go buy it.   Nice boxes!

• Like 1

Just confirming that not all of BB's box pages are accurate this month. The product review listings are, but the pictures are not matching the items shown directly underneath.

I received the Tommy Girl box (don't be jealous). Based on what I saw on IG, I knew I was due to receive the deluxe Davines conditioner sample, but the pic shows the oil instead. Additionally, the Tommy Girl perfume sample was too awesome to be shown that they left it out of the picture entirely!

post-100287-0-21666300-1410969665.jpg

• Like 2

Is everybody's Temptu really watery?  it was probably made for the airbrush system, but it's really tough to apply on its own.  

I love the Tocca.  They could send me one of each of those fragrances, tyvm.  

Yes and its a bit greasy! I tried it yesterday and it just poured out and left no pigment on my skin (and I have really light skin). Not impressed. 

Benefit - Girl Meets Pearl is a million times more effective and around the same price range. I LOVE it. 

Edited by cherienova
  • Like 1

I don't mind the texture of the Temptu.  It was way too dark for my skin when I swatched it on my arm, but blended out on my cheek it is really subtle.  I wouldn't rebuy, I'm a fan of Benefit High Beam, the pink suits my skin better.

• Like 2

Yes and its a bit greasy! I tried it yesterday and it just poured out and left no pigment on my skin (and I have really light skin). Not impressed. 

Benefit - Girl Meets Pearl is a million times more effective and around the same price range. I LOVE it. 

I'm not impressed with it, either.  I don't see any shimmer at all, either or my face or when I swatched it on my hand.  

I guess it provides a tiny bit of color on my cheeks, but it's not anything I would buy.

• Like 1

Got both my boxes yesterday. Sat down and opened them up after I got home from work and thought it was weird that I had two Harvey Prince Liquid Loofahs. It was late and I was tired from working the One Direction concert so I thought I might be going crazy. I just realized today that it's missing the Laura Mercier mascara. They changed the box page! I'll use both tubes of that Liquid Loofah but I'm disappointed. Despite the hoards of mascara I have stockpiled, I was really looking forward to getting some Laura Mercier.

Edited by HelpMeSleep

Just so you ladies know, if you are looking for an exceptional highlighter that is incredibly inexpensive try Chaos Makeup HighLightning, it's incredible. And if you order one of the sets you can get 3 full sizes in 3 different shades for $15. It's incredible highlighter.

• Like 4

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

A little late to the party (it's been a busy week) but here's my box. Overall I am happy. I think I'm the only one that is excited about getting more black eyeliner. Anyone know what the samlple from the Clean Up Nice Kit is? I'm assuming it's not all of them.

Got my box yesterday. I got the Chapstick too. It wasn't there when I looked at the contents on the 10th, but it's there now. So it's a 6 item box! I got the Vaccum Cleaner mask from the Clean Up Nice kit.

I don't mind the texture of the Temptu.  It was way too dark for my skin when I swatched it on my arm, but blended out on my cheek it is really subtle.  I wouldn't rebuy, I'm a fan of Benefit High Beam, the pink suits my skin better.

The color was also way too dark for me. I could probably make it work with careful blending, but I'm really enjoying the Kryolan highlighter from last month's Glossybox, and I don't need to be as careful with the application. It was the product I was the least excited to try, but it turned out to be really nice and easy to use. 

OK I'm officially blown away.

I made an order with the BONUSBOX code Friday night, and forgot to add in a mystery sample pack. Since the next day was Saturday, I couldn't call and have it added, and didn't remember to try on Monday morning...so I was bummed, but not the end of the world.

So my order arrived today, sans the BONUSBOX. I called to confirm that the BONUSBOX was shipping separately and they confirmed that it was, and it had already gone out. I mentioned that I was bummed that I had forgotten to add in the mystery sample pack (just in passing really, didn't expect anything!) and she (Jenieze) surprised me by saying she'd send one out to me free of charge!

Really Amazing Customer Service!

ETA: The Laura Gellar Beauty Love Me Dew Set lip crayons are BEAUTIFUL colors, very moisturizing and smell like vanilla :D

ETA2: 5 minutes after the call, I had the tracking info for my BONUSBOX, and a confirmation of the free mystery sample pack.

Edited by scooby dynamite
  • Like 7

I'm really behind on this thread so I apologize if anyone already mentioned this,

but did anyone else not get the decorative box this month? I just got a plain Birchbox. It's not a huge deal, but I kind of liked the pattern and wanted to keep it to store some stuff. None of my samples were in a pillow pack, and they were just thrown into the box. The tissue paper was all bunched up  and there wasn't an info card in my box. I had to use my moms when I was taking blog photos. 

I did e-mail them about my disappointment, but sheesh. It's like someone stumbled around in the dark and threw my birchbox together and shipped it out. I liked that no matter how many subcribers they got, it always felt like my box was as nicely packed as it was back in 2011 when I started with Birchbox. I hope it was just a fluke!

Edited by MissJexie

I'm really behind on this thread so I apologize if anyone already mentioned this,

but did anyone else not get the decorative box this month? I just got a plain Birchbox. It's not a huge deal, but I kind of liked the pattern and wanted to keep it to store some stuff. None of my samples were in a pillow pack, and they were just thrown into the box. The tissue paper was all bunched up and there wasn't an info card in my box. I had to use my moms when I was taking blog photos.

I did e-mail them about my disappointment, but sheesh. It's like someone stumbled around in the dark and threw my birchbox together and shipped it out. I liked that no matter how many subcribers they got, it always felt like my box was as nicely packed as it was back in 2011 when I started with Birchbox. I hope it was just a fluke!

I didn't get a decorative box either. I also emailed to say I was disappointed.

but did anyone else not get the decorative box this month? I just got a plain Birchbox. It's not a huge deal, but I kind of liked the pattern and wanted to keep it to store some stuff. None of my samples were in a pillow pack, and they were just thrown into the box. The tissue paper was all bunched up and there wasn't an info card in my box. I had to use my moms when I was taking blog photos.

Same here. I emailed them yesterday morning just as kind of an FYI, but haven't gotten a reply. Also unusual...

Yep, me too.  Apparently it was everyone who got box 58, which went out to a lot of long-time subscribers who picked the Shiseido sample. 

I emailed as well, just to let them know that the box was one of the coolest things about this month and I was disappointed not to receive it.  If anyone gets a reply, please post it!

• Like 2

Yep, me too.  Apparently it was everyone who got box 58, which went out to a lot of long-time subscribers who picked the Shiseido sample. 

I emailed as well, just to let them know that the box was one of the coolest things about this month and I was disappointed not to receive it.  If anyone gets a reply, please post it!

Yep. I've been a subscriber for 21 months (just got my discount code today!) and that's the exact box I received. I'm hoping that they respond to my e-mail. Even just an apology would be acceptable, but it's a bummer that no one has received a response yet.