Favorite foundation brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have yet to find a foundation brush that I really love, but I'm in the market to give some new ones a try and find something that works for me. What's your favorite?

I swear by my Marc Jacobs The Face II for liquid foundations. It's also really nice to buff in powder foundations, since I don't have a kabuki that I like. The fibers are really dense, and it's synthetic bristles, which I prefer.

I've also rekindled my love for my MAC 187, which I use for BB creams and any other liquid that I want to achieve a light coverage with. It's also really nice for creams, gives a beautiful airbrushed finish.

Both of those are on the high end, though, I think each run around $45. I like Coastal Scents for more affordable brushes, but I have never used any of their face brushes, only the eye brushes, so I can't speak to the quality or effectiveness of any of them. Sorry! :blush:

The Real Technique's Buffing Brush! I love that brush so much. I've used it with super thick foundations (Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse) to light powders. It gives great, buildable coverage with a very realistic, non cakey finish with every product I've used it with. I'd actually given up on the Rimmel Stay Matte until I got this brush. I could not live without this brush.

I've also used BH Cosmetics brushes and they're face brushes are really good for powder products. They're densely packed with bristles and they're soft. They actually feel pretty luxurious. I wouldn't suggest them for liquids though, and not a full coverage powder that would be best buffed in. BH cosmetics brushes are best for things like blush, and bronzer, illuminators, setting powder, etc.

My favorite is the Real Techniques Stippling brush. This brush is just all around awesome for foundation, it doesn't use too much product, distributes the product evenly without streaks, gives an air brushed finish and is only about $10 from Ulta. Can't go wrong with this one. I've tried high and low end brushes and this is the best brush so far.

For liquid/cream foundation I love my Urban Decay optical blurring brush.  For mineral makeup I swear by the Real Techniques expert face brush and the elf studio kabuki brush.

I love the It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxembourg flat top buffing brush. It'seems a bit pricy but works amazingly well. I also love my beauty blender for an airbrushed finish.

Latest posts

Back