List 5 things most people don't know about you!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Or things you want people to know about you! I thought this would be fun!

1.  I’m probably the girliest tomboy you will ever meet. I have tons of shoes, tons of dresses, and masses of makeup. I love to go fishing, camping, and generally being outdoors.

2.  I am terrified of bugs. I refuse to leave my porch light on because it attracts moths….which I have to walk through to get inside. I would rather walk in the dark.

3.  Career wise, I am very successful at a young age of 23.

4.  I don’t like holding babies.

5.  I love people, so I literally worry about everyone. 

This is a great thread; I’m looking forward to read everyone’s top 5’s. Here’s mine:

1. Although I eat healthy and enjoy working out, I actually really love sweets.

2. I study by e-learning due to my illness; it prevents me from going to a regular school.

3. I need time of my own as much as I need time with people I care about.

4. I read pretty much every single day.
5. I think too much!

I'm not sure where to start here; as @@LikePuzzlePieces knows, my life is full of randomness lol

1.  I identify as genderqueer, so I express myself in a number of vastly different ways from male to female; sometimes people don't recognize me from one day to the next. 

2. Due to my background, I've been on various television/radio programs to talk about educating on gender and identity.

2. Music is a big part of my life.  I just finished writing my master's thesis in musicology, I front an alternative rock band, and I also do electronic soundtracks for independent films.

3.  I do quite a bit of community organizing related to benefit concerts, youth events, and college/university education.

5.  I live in a small 80+-year-old apartment in downtown Toronto and current work at a theatrics shop.

@@lanabuch, your #4 made me crack up! Of course aside from my own daughter (whose constantly in my lap or tagging along behind me) I feel the same way! I've never been that person to "ooh" and "ahh" over a baby...I still don't want to hold anyone else's baby after becoming a mom. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. I really hate spiders, arachnophobia to the max...I refer to them as "the spawn of satan".

2. I bake daily, I LOVE to bake (no, it's not always sweets)!

3. I recently moved across country, it's the first time in 30 years to not have some form of family nearby. It's odd, but nice at the same time...that's what Skype and FaceTime are for!

4. I eat chocolate daily...it's my form of a caffeine fix.

5. I'm a "lead foot" when it comes to driving...I try to tone it down with the little one in the car though!

1. My local latte stand has my coffee ready as soon as they see my car. I just drive up, hold out my hand, grab & go. That's how we do it here in the Pacific NW.

2. I currently have more makeup and beauty products in my house than food.

3. If I had the energy to do it all over again, I think I'd be a Lawyer. Or a Rock Star. Or maybe I'd just settle for  Millionaire.

4. In order to spare my friends from my cooking skills, I really do get restaurant food and place it in my own containers. I once pretended to be washing pans when someone arrived.

5. I actually am one of those people who prefers drinking cocktails on a Caribbean beach over working in the office.

My secrets are safe with you....This is anonymous? No?

amazing idea for a thread btw @@lanabuch , :sunshine:

1. I am a tomboyish girly girl, I love gaming... like, im addicted to it, id do it for a job if I could.

2. I am really really good with kids at the age of 16. (pretty much 16) :wub:

3. I have a temper, but ill put up with ya for a while, before I blow a massive fuse. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4. if you asked me if I wanna be famous, the answer would be "no thank you."

5. My favourite style is black skatey punky rock. People stare at me thinking "what is she wearing?" and im like, "dude, its my clothing, and what LOL" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> B)

1. Although English is the only language I am fluent in, I can speak German and Japanese conversationally, and French, Spanish and Italian well enough to be understood. I have on several occasions been headhunted to take a position here in the hospitality industry but have thus far resisted (see below).

2. I am PAINFULLY shy IRL, and would rather die than have to have a conversation with someone in a language that wasn't English. I'm so self-conscious that it makes me want to throw up the thought of doing more than just basic communication.

3. Because of my shyness, I will almost never call an employee out on their bad behavior in a store, but I can write the most scathing complaint e-mail you have ever read. :blush:

4. I love cats and am scared of dogs, although I love to see pictures of dogs, especially friend's pooches.

5. I have a secret desire to start a YouTube channel, but have no camera, no editing software and no idea what type of videos I would make. :lol:

Hmmmm let's see

1) I suffer from misophonia. The list of "trigger" sounds seems to be growing as I age.

2) even though I'm currently in nursing school, I actually already have a bachelor's degree in music theory and composition.

3) I have had an ...experience with a rock star that shall not be named here.

4) I dislike most other people's children. I like my own. But everyone else's kids annoy the piss outta me. Unless they are actually those few good kids. More kids should be like those kids lol.

5) despite my ghostly white appearance, I grew up in a Spanish speaking area. Like, I literally had no idea these people were considered minorities since I was one of 3 white kids in my area. So I'm basically mexican at heart lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I used to be a member of IPSC (International Practical Shooting Confederation) in the late '80s and early '90s. Shooting semi-automatic handguns semi-professionally. I quit because the sport is very expensive without sponsors sponsoring you like in pro golf or pro car racing. It was fun but it was a burden with all the legal hoops we had to jump through even back then.

2. I played one season in the now defunct NAHL (North American Hockey League) with the Calgary Rangers in the early '90s. I am a good hockey player for my short size and weight (5'7" 160lbs) but waaay too small for Junior A, so was never scouted.

3. I have a foot fetish...  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The only good and bad side to going to yoga... It's not the girls' butts in yoga pants, it's their bare sweaty feet... lol.

4. Just like @@Allison H, i have a lead foot too.

5. I am terrible with directions. Even with Google Maps I still get lost or turned around... Somehow!!!  :blink:

1. I own my own perfume business and have been making my own perfumes for a few years.

2. In addition to English, I also speak Vietnamese and French. I can also read Latin.

3. I have trypophobia. It's hard to explain, so it helps if you just google it. I can't stand anything that falls into that category and when I see something that does, I have the extreme urge to completely destroy it. Usually with a knife.

4. I have regular violin and an electric violin. I don't play the violin. But I really really want to.

5. I'm an incredibly blunt person. If you ask me how your butt looks in those jeans, I will be the one to tell  you that it looks like tried to hide two whole chickens in your pants.

1) I'm a Christian but I'm not the type that judges people like crazy. That's best left up to God. Also I'm Childfree and that makes for fun conversation when I'm with other people of my faith. Well, not really. Meh. But, I understand that they just don't get why I don't want kids.

2) I only started getting into makeup/nail products when I was in my early 20s. Before then I barely painted my nails and I only had drugstore makeup and barely wore it. I'm 27 now by the way.

3) I am a girl. Even though my username is Ryan Chamberlain. It's the name of my favorite soap opera villain ever, and I use it on almost every message board I use. So, if you see that name. You pretty much will know it's me. My real name is Ren (my middle name shortened. That's what I prefer to go by. Well, either that or Ryan. I hate my first name.)

4) I love oldies music. Anything from the 50s-80s. That's basically the only music I listen to except for some indie rock (I love Pavement, Elliott Smith and Ryan Adams) and some Alt-Country (Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Whiskeytown, etc)

5) I am a huge sitcom fan. Well, old sitcoms. My all time favorite is Night Court...and my first crush when I was a kid was indeed Harry Anderson. I'm such a nerd. LOL.

Thanks. @

I see you're in NZ. Is Wellington anywhere near Otego? That's where my BFF/crush lives.

@@lanabuch, your #4 made me crack up! Of course aside from my own daughter (whose constantly in my lap or tagging along behind me) I feel the same way! I've never been that person to "ooh" and "ahh" over a baby...I still don't want to hold anyone else's baby after becoming a mom. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Haha! I'm terrified of kids, and don't really like them. I want my own, and I'm sure I will like them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my mom was the same way lol

1. English is my second language.

2. I enjoy going to church, although I am not Christian.

3. Motherhood scares the snot out of me.

4. I am learning disabled.

5. I like The Three Stooges.

1. I act like I get all the guys when in reality I'm the worst at talking to people
2. I secretly watch anime all the god damn time

3. I used the mod MtG cards for a living

4. I once beat up a guy for making fun of my brows

5. I groom my bf's brows while he sleeps. 

that being said, I'm a fucking weirdo but I do love makeup more than life itself :3

1 - I am a male-to-female transgender. (All my friends and a handful of family members know, though I have a hard time hiding it now.)

2 - I like men. (No one except maybe 3 people know I do, and they are only online. I hate this part of me.)

3 - I cosplay.

4 - I don't have a license and never have had one. (27 years old)

5 - I'm afraid to have sex.

1) I am a girly girl (make-up, clothes, hair, spending time with girlfriends talking about boys and sex) but I am secretly a tomboy.

2) I love to exercise but i also eat sweets. Don't they cancel each other out?

3) WOW! here goes. I love my life, and body and everything about being a girl but sometimes i wonder what it feels like to be a boy. Does anybody feel same? Am i a freak? I love my boyfriend, just curious.

4) Sometimes when i go work out at my  fitness club i wear make-up and TRY to look hot just to flirt with......guys and girls.

5)I have always been the "good" sraight A student, but I am tired of that and want to be myself.

Latest posts

Back