• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Crown Brush makes dupe for Becca "The One" brush $18.95!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought the Becca "the one" brush a couple of months ago from Sephora even though it had mixed reviews. Its $50, a hefty sum for a brush, but I was looking for a brush that would be good for several things, to minimize the brushes I take on travel. So, I DO like it, but like nearly all the reviews said, yes, it sheds, and it's quite annoying to pick little pieces of hair from the brush off my face after using it. It does give a nice finish for foundation and its a nice shape for contouring cheeks and blending. I decided to keep it only because I found myself reaching for it a lot of the time, in spite of its shedding problem. Recently I decided I needed a couple more Mac 217 brushes but didn't want to shell out major cash, so since I have a Crown Brush that works just as good as the Mac 217, I decided to place an order for a couple more at their site.

While shopping I found that they make a brush called "Geisha Kabuki" that looked exactly like Becca's The ONE. I just got the order yesterday, and indeed, its nearly identical, and the price? $18.95 The bristles on the crown brush are just as soft as the Becca brush. Eyes closed, I can't tell then apart.

On their website the brush is KB16 - Geisha Beauty Blender $18.95

I am becoming a fan of Crown Brushes! I now have several that I love as much as any expensive brush..

Note, there's a bit of product on the Becca brush in the picture, that's why the bristles are different color.

IMG_00000386.jpg

IMG_00000387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back