Need help... don't know where to start...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a guy and basically have no idea about this stuff haha. Basically my face is very pale naturally and slightly yellowish. There must be some kind of make up that can help make my face look a more usual colour, I'm not looking for a bright tan or anything just something discrete to put on my face to help. Surely someone can help me out here, I'd be grateful for any ideas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What products are you looking for? Are you spending on drugstore or do you have a higher budget?

If you're totally new to the makeup world, I suggest visiting a department store and have somebody at a cosmetic counter do some color matching on you. The hardest part is figuring out what color you need.

So you don't want that yellowish undertone? It would look strange if you decided to just wear a foundation with another undertone (as your neck and body would still have yellowish undertones). You could use a self tanner f.x. Sun Labs' self tanning lotion. You'd probably still have yellow undertones, but I believe it might tone it down. 

Thanks for the suggestions,

Avarier, I don't have a high budget so I'm guessing drugstore,and does that work do you just go up and ask an assistant for help and see what they say?

Likepuzzlepieces, I don't really want that undertone. My face looks slightly washed out agaisnt my body and I noticed that people tend to notice mainly the face so it wouldn't really matter about my neck and stuff. That's why I don't want it to be too different and want it discrete. I worry about tanning sprays as they can smell and can be obvious unless there's very light ones out there?

Back