lip liner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I suck at matching lipstick to liner. Anybody have any tips on how you match them? I've been using the nyx wonder pencil (it's a nude color) and I actually really like it! It matches my skin so it helps me perfect my lip shape very nicely.

I did discover today that using my red lip liner to fill in my lips completely gave me the perfect matte lip.. I think I like it better than lipstick. Does anybody else use lip liner on their entire lip?

this is the nyx liner:  http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-193-wonder-pencil.aspx

Have you thought about clear lipliners? Lots of them are out there now.

There's one by Paula's Choice for $8

One by e.l.f. for $3

One by Urban Decay (ozone) for not sure, probably $12?

One by Bite for $24 I think

And tons of others!

They would be super easy to match!

I've heard of a couple of people just using lipliner as their color- and they color their entire lip in with it. Seems like a really good way to have a cheap, longwear lip color.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people only use lipliner! It is in a lot of cases quicker and longer lasting especially in hot weather. If you feel you need a little bit of moisture adding just a dab of lipstick that's close to the same color and blending it shouldn't be too harsh of a difference, or a bit of a clear gloss would do the trick. I know something people used to do was to add a lighter color lipstick in the center so perfect color matching isn't a concern (not the 90's brown liner, tan lipstick thing but a lighter pink on the very center of the bottom lip blended in to make the lips appear fuller). And finally, if you like it, wear it. 

I have a lipliner that matches my lips perfectly (Annabelle natural rose), an MLBB liner (MAC cranberry), and one that matches the flesh tone of my face. I tend to use the last when I'm wearing a colour that is lighter than my lips. I find that's all I need!

Back