kawaiisofoxy

Walmart Beauty Box? Sweet!

I'm resisting.  I'm broke and a 5 dollar box is tempting.  My partner and I have made a verbal pact that we will not support Walmart or Sam's Club.  We were pretty good about it before, but had to make it official when we bought a house 3 minutes from a supercenter. I understand why people shop there, but we are in a position to pay a little more to shop local.  He is at least--he won't add to my beauty budget though :D

Ya know, @@Meggpitechnically speaking, I doubt you'd be supporting Wal Mart at all. You'd just be paying for shipping, while they are out the cost of all the samples that the're giving us for free, hoping we'll come in and buy full size products. 

If anything, you'll be costing them money, because if you see something you like, you won't buy it there, despite them trying to lure you in!

Just trying to give you a different perspective!   :P 

Plus, I have been broke before, like go-without-eating-every-other-day broke, and I think a $5 Box O' Fun would be a nice treat.

Edited by JolieFleurs
  • Like 1

You probably aren't even really supporting Walmart, but the brands donating the samples. The cost of shipping materials and actual shipment is probably around $5, so that's how I'm justifying giving them money!

• Like 4

Ya know, @@Meggpitechnically speaking, I doubt you'd be supporting Wal Mart at all. You'd just be paying for shipping, while they are out the cost of all the samples that the're giving us for free, hoping we'll come in and buy full size products. 

If anything, you'll be costing them money, because if you see something you like, you won't buy it there, despite them trying to lure you in!

Just trying to give you a different perspective!   :P

Plus, I have been broke before, like go-without-eating-every-other-day broke, and I think a $5 Box O' Fun would be a nice treat.

You probably aren't even really supporting Walmart, but the brands donating the samples. The cost of shipping materials and actual shipment is probably around $5, so that's how I'm justifying giving them money!

Bahahaha you guys are such enablers! :)

• Like 2

Gave in :P We don't have Walmart Supercenters in the city, just Express Walmarts which are the worst. I literally only go in there if I have no other choices. Excited to see what the samples are though!

• Like 1

@@elizabethrose we have a Walmart Express!  They're the only place in town that has milk for under $3/gallon (most places around here have it for about $3.75 a gallon, the Express has it for $2.40.)  I actually do all our grocery shopping elsewhere, then stop by one morning each week after dropping the kids at school to stock up on milk - our family goes through several gallons a week!

Ours is one of the super-rural ones, I have to drive about 20-25 minutes if I want a Super Center with clothes/toys/household stuff.  Oh, and the Express isn't 24 hours, and neither is the (yay! Brand new) Walgreens across the street.  Wags doesn't open til NINE AM.  Darn you, tiny town!

• Like 1

@@elizabethrose we have a Walmart Express!  They're the only place in town that has milk for under $3/gallon (most places around here have it for about $3.75 a gallon, the Express has it for $2.40.)  I actually do all our grocery shopping elsewhere, then stop by one morning each week after dropping the kids at school to stock up on milk - our family goes through several gallons a week!

Ours is one of the super-rural ones, I have to drive about 20-25 minutes if I want a Super Center with clothes/toys/household stuff.  Oh, and the Express isn't 24 hours, and neither is the (yay! Brand new) Walgreens across the street.  Wags doesn't open til NINE AM.  Darn you, tiny town!

I wouldn't mind ours except they're SO TINY! The shelves go up so so high.. it's super intimidating hahaha. I don't buy milk hardly ever (only if a recipe calls for it), so I had no idea it was that much cheaper. That's crazy!

There's a Walgreen's around the corner from us and it closes at 10pm.. which shouldn't be a big deal, but all my cravings come after that!

Walmart did the Goodies box that everyone loved in the beginning and had a long wait list.  I suspect the first few boxes of this at least will be awesome.  Goodies did eventually crash, but it was great in the beginning.

I'm in, too!

I loved walmart back when I was a kid, it wasn't as well known, and met Sam many, many times. Those memories are like an uncle you vaguely remember...beat up pick up truck, guns, labs, and camo. He loved duck hunting. My aunt got to know him through working at walmart since nearly the beginning.

I absolutely hate how walmart ended up, and now I refuse to shop there at all. :(

• Like 1

I hope it is good sized samples and not a box of foils and peelies. I look forward to getting this.

I hope they are like the Target boxes.

• Like 1

So about 20 minutes ago I noticed I was charged 3x for this box. I decided to send an email and less than 10 minutes after I sent the email I had a response saying that I would get a refund on Monday. So far I am very impressed with the customer service and glad  I signed up.

I signed up - $5 and drugstore brands can be good! It really was too tempting although I kind of wish I was able to get a Target box instead.

When I signed up all of the pages were using https, but I do what I always do for new subs which is generate a temporary credit card number with a specific dollar limit just in case. Maybe they heard the complaints about the site not appearing secure and changed it?

• Like 1

AHA!  Thank you @@CuriouslyAmanda !  When I clicked the link again, it was still showing insecure.  BUT, when I got to Step 2 (where you enter the CC information), I just clicked the link in the address bar, and typed https:// in FRONT of where the beautybox.walmart....etc URL.  I hit enter, the page refreshed, and I had my security lock!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS if you are entering your CC info.  But, seriously happy that I'm now signed up with the rest of you!  

• Like 2

Do you know whe Target does their box? I hope to get the next one!

Unfortunately no. There was one in the spring so I'll bet they will have one in the fall or winter.

• Like 1

I signed up - $5 and drugstore brands can be good! It really was too tempting although I kind of wish I was able to get a Target box instead.

When I signed up all of the pages were using https, but I do what I always do for new subs which is generate a temporary credit card number with a specific dollar limit just in case. Maybe they heard the complaints about the site not appearing secure and changed it?

How does one generate a temporary CC number?  With all the CC database compromises at the larger corporations it's got me carrying and spending more cash these days...

Edited by FormosaHoney

How does one generate a temporary CC number?  With all the CC database compromises at the larger corporations it's got me carrying and spending more cash these days...

I have Bank of America and they have a feature called ShopSafe. It allows you to generate a temporary card number and specify a dollar limit and an expiry date. I use it for all new subscriptions (usually generating one with enough money for one to three months for that sub) and then I can just update my payment info (or extend the dollar limit/expiry date for the temporary card) when the temp card expires for that sub. This also keeps me from getting into a bind with the subscription services that ignore cancellation requests and so forth. 

I'm sure that a lot of the other large CC companies have something similar, so you might be able to look into it? 

It doesn't help for in-person transactions, obviously, since you still need your card on you for those, but for Internet purchases it's fabulous. 

Edited by CuriouslyAmanda
  • Like 3