So NOT Happy with the Sept 2014 Tube

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I received my "tube" this past week & find myself truly disappointed with the limited amount of products that were sent.

I'm going to cancel my subscription & only purchase the tube from QVC. Though I love surprises, at least you know what you are getting before forking over close to $40!

Anyone feel the same?

Any tips on the most effective way to complain/voice my opinion to New Beauty?

Thanks so much :) 

I wish I would have cancelled after my Welcome Tube, but I didn't.  

I need to remember to do this soon!  While at times I think I'd like getting a full kit, I'd rather it be something I'm really interested in trying.  (I know, personal preference is something they can't exactly entertain, but I can dream.)

Thanks for reminding me to cancel!!  I hope it's easy!  I'll investigate it later this week.

I cancelled after I received the "welcome tube".  I was SO disappointed in what I received.  It was easy to cancel, I know I did it online, I just don't remember if it was an email or just a link on their site.  I was so upset after that tube that I also cancelled my Beauty DNA subscription because it is the same company.  I just felt totally duped by the whole situation.  I had seen the unboxing videos and decided to order because it had several things I had been wanting, but then I received a totally different tube.  I had read where this had happened to several people.  Some were able to get the regular tube sent when they called.  I was not so lucky.  I was told that they were trying something new by sending out varying tubes and that it was a "mystery" program and there was no guarantee as to what I would receive.  I am not willing to spend $40 on a mystery, that is too big a risk, especially with all the great boxes out there!  In the past, everyone received the same tube, so I had no idea that I would be getting something different.  The thing that I was most upset about is that the main value of the tube came from a make up brush.  I would have NEVER subscribed to receive a make up brush!  The rest of the tube was drug store product or tiny samples.  Not sure if I would give them another try, unless I knew for certain what I would be getting.  That all being said, I do want to give the QVC tube a try, although this time, the tube just didn't seem to have quite what I was looking for!  Anyway, good luck, it should be easy to cancel.  I hope they get it together because I was really excited about this sub!

I feel like I usually get one "high value" item that's always really hit or miss, and then a few smaller items. With my other subscription boxes I feel like the overall value is still there (at least the majority of the time) but with Test Tube I rarely ever am satisfied with the value of the items I actually am interested in and will use. When I received the IT Cosmetics brush for example ($50 value, Eesh) the other items I received were really rather low value and without being interested in the brush I felt like I got about $10 worth of drugstore stuff that I'd use. I'm shocked by how expensive their subscription is, it would be different if they charged a reasonable amount. 

Latest posts

Back