New theBalm Palettes - Fall 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw that theBalm has been rolling out some new palettes so I thought I would compile them here:

theBalm Balmsai - $39.50

TheBalm-Balmsai Palette-September-2014.jpg

theBalm Autobalm California - $15 (Kohl's Exclusive)

1761639.jpg

theBalm Autobalm Hawaii - $15 (Kohl's Exclusive)

1761627.jpg

theBalm Mont Balm - $15 (also believed to be a Kohl's exclusive) (swatches and photo courtesy of @@xlisaa )

1852635.jpg
10684152_1468259786792427_1512326071_n.jpg

theBalm Nude'Dude - $39.50 (Kohl's Exclusive, includes the Bodybuilder Mascara)

1799873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my thoughts:

balmsai - nothing new, but the packaging is adorable. the eye stencil is interesting but looks like it has the potential to be cumbersome, i'll be interested to see what reviews say.

autobalms - i LOVE these, i've been wanting them to do more mini palettes with a few shadows/highlighter/blush combo, because they're so great for travelling. (and great for indecisive people like me who don't need 800 colors to choose from when getting ready) i also like the pricepoint a lot.

mont balm - this is gorgeous and will be beautiful for winter time, also love the price point.

I think I'll definitely be gravitating towards the Kohl's exclusive palettes (also I STILL need to get How Bout' Them Apples).

Oooh I love Autobalm California and Montbalm! Autobalm would be perfect for traveling and I love your idea of Montbalm for winter!

Autobalm California and Mont Balm are my favorites too. I really love the colors (and the packaging!) of Mont Balm, and Autobalm California looks so convenient to travel with and easy to wear.

@@kawaiimeows You really do need How Bout Them Apples. I got mine shortly after it was released this spring, and I still use it at least 3 or 4 times a week. I mostly just use it on my cheeks, and the colors last really well during wear. They're also easy to use and blend, and the variety of colors in the palette is great. My only gripe is that it is awkward to travel with because of its size and shape and it doesn't fit in my makeup bag.

Not totally interested in any of these- we don't have Kohl's here. If we did I would get the Autobalm Hawaii, no problem. I do like that in MontBalm, they named a shade after Whistler!

Not totally interested in any of these- we don't have Kohl's here. If we did I would get the Autobalm Hawaii, no problem. I do like that in MontBalm, they named a shade after Whistler!
They have them on Kohl's website :] However, Mont Balm isn't up yet.

Oh, the California one is too cute. I want it because it reminds me of the little fake licenses you can make after getting off the Autopia ride at Disneyland! :lol:

The Mont Balm is pretty nice, especially for the price point. The swatches above, were swatched with an eyeshadow brush (not with fingers) -- I know because it's mine lol.
Lol I was just going to cite you! These all look seriously so good.

The Mont Balm is pretty nice, especially for the price point. The swatches above, were swatched with an eyeshadow brush (not with fingers) -- I know because it's mine lol.
Is that your instagram i jacked it from? hahahahha

Also, your swatches look great, that really sold me on the product - some of their shadows have been hit or miss for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I was just going to cite you! These all look seriously so good.
haha! they do! I love the small palettes they come out with because it's easy to take on-the-go and the snowflake design is pretty awesome!

Is that your instagram i jacked it from? hahahahha

Also, your swatches look great, that really sold me on the product - some of their shadows have been hit or miss for me.
it's totally fine lol. & thanks! I get what you mean, I felt like the Balm Voyage was a total miss for me because the pigmentation was lacking compared to previous palettes I had from them.

Ooh, do you know if they ship to Canada? Also, how big are the Autobalms?
I believe they do but i'm not 100%

Also not sure how big the palette itself is but here's the size of each product from Kohl's website

Set includes: 0.72-oz. crease/liner eyeshadow, 0.72-oz. eyeshadow, 1.6-oz. blush & 1.1-oz. highlighter/shadow

I really want that Mont Balm palette, but I do not want to pay shipping at Kohls-- $6! None of the stores in Pittsburgh or DC have it in stock either. UGH. 

I'm really liking the Autobalm California! I've never bought anything from the Balm before but I think that looks like a great starter palette.

Back