Lolo22

Julep Mystery Box: Jewel Heist

I literally have not seen a good mystery box since April 2013.  The last mystery boxes I bought were two Sea Salt Mystery boxes last year.  Those were ok.  Other than that, I am always too afraid of purchasing one, for fear of old, ugly colors that they are trying to get rid of, which seems like they always do with the mystery boxes.  Even if they have a Halloween one this year, they probably will not put Halloween colors or anything Halloween related, so I will probably just have to pass :/   Sorry to witch, but unless I see an AWESOME new color or colors in these boxes, that we will know of beforehand, I will never purchase a mystery box again.

Edited by AshleyBeauty13
  • Like 3

Well, they raised the price 25% but didn't improve the boxes.  I still think that was a mistake, especially now with all the competition. 

• Like 1

I literally have not seen a good mystery box since April 2013.  The last mystery boxes I bought were two Sea Salt Mystery boxes last year.  Those were ok.  Other than that, I am always too afraid of purchasing one, for fear of old, ugly colors that they are trying to get rid of, which seems like they always do with the mystery boxes.  Even if they have a Halloween one this year, they probably will not put Halloween colors or anything Halloween related, so I will probably just have to pass :/   Sorry to witch, but unless I see an AWESOME new color or colors in these boxes, that we will know of beforehand, I will never purchase a mystery box again.

That was the last mystery box I got before this one.

• Like 1

Ok 2 more spoilers are up with new variations. The second one is the really light weight. Sorry I'm on my phone so can't do a real spoiler.

SPOILER!!

post-97934-0-44329400-1410618630_thumb.jpg

post-97934-0-86489200-1410618646_thumb.jpg

I really want the mask one!

Ugh. The light looking box sucks (to me). Have most of it. Would rather get either of the 2 other boxes, even though I don't like them either.

I never cease to be disappointed with the julep mystery boxes. It was the $10 code and chance at the birthstone polishes that suckered me in...so I'll keep crossing my fingers to be a winner for that.

OMG ... I would luv luv the box with the mask!!!   My box left days ago but its taking the DHL trip around the country... not due to arrive in MI until Friday.  I miss the days of julep using usps-- my box would always get to me in 2 days... It was truly amazing!!  Ahhhh those were the days...Lol!!

• Like 1

My box didn't actually ship until Thursday, so I won't get to see my box and its contents until Monday. :( Not sure which of the variations I'd like most, but I definitely don't want 3. Maybe version 2? Eyeshadow is growing on me, I wouldn't mind an extra bottle of Tatiana, and I've been eyeing the lip gloss for a while.

Oh! Found it! I really wanted to try these products so I'm happy with it for $15, even though I would swap all those colors. Plus, I still think there will be variations.

Spoiler!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is the box that I received.

The mystery box description says-

"Packed with $100+ worth of mystery nail polishes and beauty must-haves, this tempting box is quite a steal. "

2 of the 3 box variations we have seen only have ONE polish. The description is plural. I think it's fair to expect more than 1 polish in the box. Not cool. Not happy.

I hope someone here wins the birthstone polishes!! Fingers crossed

Edited by Bloodflowergrl
  • Like 5

I wonder if the 100+ value is even accurate? Idk, not liking 2 of the 3 so I am sure I will get one I dislike. The one with more polishes are just colors I do not wear.

Mine has been stuck at the same location since Thursday, no movement. They keep pushing the shipment date back further and further. So who knows when I will actually get it, if ever. Lol

I got my box just now (the 2 lb one) and I'm super disappointed. Just my luck to get the version I know I didn't want.

I got version three with the ink gel eyeliner, makeup brush, mascara, and all that. I gave one of my roommates half the contents of the box (including the one and only polish, muted mustard Alma) because I didn't want to keep them and of the three I did keep, I already owned two of them.

As far as I can tell, no winning the birthstones for me. :( I was really hoping for version two. I would I hadn't bought it at all now.

Ah well. It happens and I knew it might when I ordered. At least I have the gorgeous clothes I just got from ModDeals' super big sale to make me happy. <3

• Like 1

I placed an order for the Jewel Heist Mystery Box on September 9, and received shipping information the next day -  due to where I live, however, it says my order won't arrive until September 22 (this is usually the case with most things I order - it takes an extra two to three weeks.)  However, today I received another shipment confirmation, and I can't find any information on my account about the shipment contents.  I'm pretty sure that I haven't ordered anything else from Julep, but has anyone seen information on whether there were packing errors with some of the boxes, and items are shipping separately?  (I know this happened with my August Maven order.)  Many thanks for any information.  I hope they haven't charged me twice by mistake...

• Like 3

I placed an order for the Jewel Heist Mystery Box on September 9, and received shipping information the next day -  due to where I live, however, it says my order won't arrive until September 22 (this is usually the case with most things I order - it takes an extra two to three weeks.)  However, today I received another shipment confirmation, and I can't find any information on my account about the shipment contents.  I'm pretty sure that I haven't ordered anything else from Julep, but has anyone seen information on whether there were packing errors with some of the boxes, and items are shipping separately?  (I know this happened with my August Maven order.)  Many thanks for any information.  I hope they haven't charged me twice by mistake...

I think you won one of the birthstone collections. They did post this in the original email they sent out:

Offer expires on 9/14/2014 at 11:59pm PT, or while supplies last. Purchase of multiple Jewel Heist Mystery Boxes may result in polish or product overlap. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer or discount (e.g. Maven 20% discount). No exchanges or returns are possible on Mystery Box, individual items, or add-ons. Estimated full retail value is at least $100.00 for all Jewel Heist Mystery boxes. Taxes vary by location.

The 51 prize winners will be randomly selected from Mystery Box orders placed 9/8/2014 through 9/14/2014. Prizes may ship separately from Mystery Box order. Winners will be notified via email from the address in the account.

I placed an order for the Jewel Heist Mystery Box on September 9, and received shipping information the next day - due to where I live, however, it says my order won't arrive until September 22 (this is usually the case with most things I order - it takes an extra two to three weeks.) However, today I received another shipment confirmation, and I can't find any information on my account about the shipment contents. I'm pretty sure that I haven't ordered anything else from Julep, but has anyone seen information on whether there were packing errors with some of the boxes, and items are shipping separately? (I know this happened with my August Maven order.) Many thanks for any information. I hope they haven't charged me twice by mistake...

Is it shipping priority mail?? (Your tracking will start with 9405 as opposed to 9400). If so then you definitely won!!

Is it shipping priority mail?? (Your tracking will start with 9405 as opposed to 9400). If so then you definitely won!!

Actually, neither have that code, both tracking numbers start with 9361.  One is SM Parcels Ground (due to arrive 9/22) and the other is SM Parcel Plus Ground (due to arrive 9/27).  Not sure if that makes a difference. It would be great if I won one of the collections!  (If it turns out I am a lucky winner, I'll let folks know and post a photo if I can.)

Actually, neither have that code, both tracking numbers start with 9361. One is SM Parcels Ground (due to arrive 9/22) and the other is SM Parcel Plus Ground (due to arrive 9/27). Not sure if that makes a difference. It would be great if I won one of the collections! (If it turns out I am a lucky winner, I'll let folks know and post a photo if I can.)

Never heard of that one, but the fact that it's a special shipper makes me think you won. Fingers crossed for you!!

Sounds like someone may have won, yay!! :D Mine has been sitting at same location since Thursday morning, tried to call and I can't get through. Tried to email and of course said they would respond in 4 business days. So, oh well I guess, hoping I can just get my money back, instead of trying to fight getting the box.

Julep just posted on Facebook that winners will receive an email before their prize ships. They didn't mention if they had chosen the winners already or not.

I don't think I'll buy another mystery box again. I bought the mystery box with the code and bought the three mystery add-ons. Here's my loot:

Eye primer

Lippie

Two hair ties

Eye Shadow brush

Two of the exact same neutral eye shadow pallet

Flower seeds >:|

7 polishes

I paid just under $45 total

post-114380-0-75530400-1410914737_thumb.jpgpost-114380-0-57254700-1410914765_thumb.jpgpost-114380-0-07446000-1410914799_thumb.jpg

Edited by PrettyAndWitty

I don't think I'll buy another mystery box again. I bought the mystery box with the code and bought the three mystery add-ons. Here's my loot:

Eye primer

Lippie

Two hair ties

Eye Shadow brush

Two of the exact same neutral eye shadow pallet

Flower seeds >:|

7 polishes

I paid just under $45 total

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

You did well I got the  one with the alma polish and the face mask..  never buying a mystery box again I never like them

The polishes are from the add-ons. The actual mystery box only had one polish in it. I'm going to email them about the eye shadow pallets. :/ I'm not too happy about receiving duplicate products in the same box.