Scentbird New Perfume Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just found this subscription service on TrendHunt today. Looks like they have launched in this month.

Fragrance is my passion and I've never seen any fragrance subscriptions before.

Can't wait to get my September box.

Has anyone else heard about this sub?

I've been waiting for some perfume oriented subs. Maybe I'll sign up for both next month.

And for those who aren't aware, there are a couple of very good decanting services online. Surrender to Chance and The Perfumed Court.

You can generally get samples from 1 ml up to 8ml. 

They generally specialize in niche and vintage perfumes, but I think StC especially has plenty of mainstream stuff. 

Thanks for the head's up about this sub. I've really gotten into small batch fragrance subs recently.

I just got a box f " Olfactif" today.Three spray samples and a coupon for $18 a purchase, which covers the price of the subscription box. I LOVE small batch or niche perfume subscriptions,..

Also, I highly recommend getting on Sweet Anthem's " sign up " list.. They will be opening up subscriptions for 2015 the week of Thanksgiving. 
I was lucky and got someone's vacated slot, so I'm loving it too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those who aren't aware, there are a couple of very good decanting services online. Surrender to Chance and The Perfumed Court.

You can generally get samples from 1 ml up to 8ml. 

They generally specialize in niche and vintage perfumes, but I think StC especially has plenty of mainstream stuff. 
I've never heard about Olfactif I'll give it a try!

Btw I know Perfumed Court but I compared the prices and looks like Scentbird offers a better deal at least for the 8ml sizes.

Rachel, 

Is it this one that you mean www.scentbird.com? Looks very cool and affordable, like the black spray that they send out. I've been a subscriber to Olfactif for about 6 months by now and was looking to expand my perfume arsenal, so will be trying them out. 

I like decanters too, but the price per ml can be steep, so if I want something usable (5-10 ml), it turns out to be pricey.

BTW, is Bergamot really closing down? 

@@rachel3k,  Yes, I'm sure Scentbird has much better pricing on mainstream scents that you can get anywhere, especially when you factor in shipping.

The decanters are really more for folks who like harder to find, niche perfumes. 

God knows I owe my soul to both of the ones I mentioned.....

And let us not forget the discounters like FragranceNet!  (Use BASENOTES for 15% off, but if you sign up with the site you can usually score a 20% off coupon )

Parfum1 has the best customer service, and also send out 20% loyalty codes fairly regularly. 

If you ever have a chance to go to ScentBar ( LuckyScents' brick and mortar in WLA) DO it. They are sooooooo nice. Let me linger for hours and loaded me up with samples. 

I've subscribed to Olfactif in the past, but I am so set in my ways that I found I was rarely getting use out of the samples! I went to resubscribe the other day and when I looked at what they had sent out over the past few months I was a bit disappointed. Maybe I will see how this new sub goes for a few months, and if all looks well, give them a try! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to give this one a try.  I am not looking for anything hard-to-find or obscure.  I am usually happy with designer fragrances (and unhappy with tiny vials from sub boxes that I can wear for maybe 2 days).  If I find something I really like through this service, I can stalk ULTA for a sale or GWP or something.

Also, I found a coupon code on a blog, first month for $7.50: SEPTEMBER

The code worked for me just now.  And, also a good sign, there's a "cancel subscription" link online in the account section, so none of that calling/e-mailing/FB messaging stuff.

I received mine today. Although I said I would sign up next month I could not help but take advantage of the discount code. 
I randomly picked HERMÈS' Un Jardin sur le Nil because it was a fragrance I always wanted. Although I'm kicking myself for not choosing something more fall appropriate. 

2014-09-26 17.32.31.jpg

I'm going to say be cautious about this subscription. I signed up in September and never got a confirmation e-mail, but when I logged in it said I was subscribed. I waited about two weeks, but never did find or get any information about when the sub would ship. Yesterday I went on to my bank account and saw they had charged me twice. I unsubscribed using the link provided, and again never got an e-mail confirmation. I checked my profile, and my e-mail is correct and there was nothing in spam.

Today I got a form e-mail from one of the "founders" asking how I liked the subscription. I don't like it at all, since I got nothing and was charged twice! I replied to her e-mail and also sent a form through the website, but I am still waiting to hear back.

In addendum to my previous post, the Scentbird team was actually really helpful in getting my issues straightened out, and I appreciate it quite a bit. The subscription is really nice too - there is such a good sized sample and the travel spray bottle and pouch is a really nice quality. I am actually looking forward to trying a whole slew of scents that I want but would never buy! :smilehappyyes:

In addendum to my previous post, the Scentbird team was actually really helpful in getting my issues straightened out, and I appreciate it quite a bit. The subscription is really nice too - there is such a good sized sample and the travel spray bottle and pouch is a really nice quality. I am actually looking forward to trying a whole slew of scents that I want but would never buy! :smilehappyyes:
I had to cancel because my car died and I have to come up with an extra $270 a month from somewhere to make payments.  So like all my subs are getting canceled except for two.  Anyway, they charged me about a day before I canceled.  After a couple of weeks I realized I hadn't ever gotten the shipment I'd been charged for.  I e-mailed their info address and cc'd the founder lady (mentioned above).  She got back to me in a couple of hours offering to either send the sample or refund me.  I chose the refund -- haven't gotten it yet, but it's only been about 2 days and I understand these things take time.

I'm sorry I couldn't stick with it because I really did like the first perfume they sent me, and I appreciate the responsiveness to CS inquiries.

@@rachel3k  I think I will sign up for this, and if you're interested, I'd like to give you the referral credit, since I'd never have found it without you!

If you don't mind, can you PM me your email or whatever I need to enter?

I'm very interested in this sub, I just cant decide what scent to get first!

Anybody use thierry mugler womanity? I love angel and alien, so I thought I'd give it a try. Based on the description, I didn't know if I'd like it or not.

I'm very interested in this sub, I just cant decide what scent to get first!

Anybody use thierry mugler womanity? I love angel and alien, so I thought I'd give it a try. Based on the description, I didn't know if I'd like it or not.
I use Womanity. I love it - but it is nothing like Angel OR Alien. Take this into consideration - one day I sprayed to much and then was riding the bus to school. Three different people got up and moved away from me. It is NOT a fragrance that agrees with a lot of people. :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back