MAKEUPGEEK color ideas, brighten eyes (on oily, pale skin)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 I have very pale skin with olive undertones.  ( Skin type: very oily, acne-prone and sensitive )

My eyes are bluish-green with light green (and gold flecks) in the middle.

I LOVE wearing plums, violets, burgundies, coppers (like rust-colored and terra cottas) and golds to make my eyes 'pop' and esp to accentuate the green.

However, bc I'm so pale, a lot of colors look too harsh on me

( * I avoid blacks, grays and charcoal altogether, as they tend to look way too drastic on me and 'drab'.)

Also, because I have very oily skin and lids, most eyeshadows tend to 'disappear' into my skin by the end of the day.

I cannot use primer on my eyes because they are too sensitive to anything with oils, fragrance or talc. & most primers I have tried just made my skin look shinier  :angry: . 

*( I am thinking about purchasing rms' 'un-powder' finishing powder (to help mattify my skin), and perhaps that would help my eye makeup last longer(?)... :unsure2:

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

... But back to Makeupgeek eyeshadow colors... I will be purchasing several (pressed powder) pan eyeshadows from Makeupgeek and needed help selecting the best shades for me

( * I am referring to Makeupgeek's own brand, not Sugarpill or Palladio products). 

( I also don't wear eyeshadows containing talc or parabens, and all my makeup is cruelty-free).

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

1)  So first, I needed some recommendations for a good BASE shadow to help brighten my eyes overall, *and* help my eyeshadow colors stay put and vibrant.  ( if  that's possible)

2)  Secondly,  I needed some help in selecting the best shades that would be flattering in terms of my eyes and skin tone (super pale olive). 

-  (A) I needed a dark matte purple, cranberry or burgundy for the crease-color.

-   ( B) A slightly shimmery/satiny but *well-pigmented* purple, berry, copper or coral for the lid

-  ( C ) and something iridescent and sparkly for inner corners (ranging from golds to nearly sheer pastel colors)

I already have a dark purple eyeliner. 

(*I have very sensitive eyes, so I cannot line the inner rims.)

I wanted to create a day-friendly soft, (slightly) shimmery/sparkly, well blended smokey eye.  ( no hard lines)

I LOVE rich, vibrant colors, as long as they can be blended together nicely.  So if anyone has any specific ideas, regarding base color, crease, lid and inner corners, (and overall combo looks) please feel free to post them! 

(*pictures would also be awesome if ur feeling generous!*)  :sunshine:

And like I said, I will be ordering everything from Makeupgeek, so those specific shade suggestions (from their shadows) would be super-helpful.

any ideas are welcome.  THANKS so much for reading!  :luv:

Once a month, Makeupgeek posts an "Idea Gallery Roundup" of looks, most of which use Makeupgeek shadows (when other than Makeupgeek shadows are used, often comparable Makeupgeek dupes are listed). These are looks created by those who read Makeupgeek and purchase their products. For a complete listing of the "Idea Gallery Roundup" posts, go to:

http://www.makeupgeek.com/category/idea-gallery-round-ups/

Once you click on a month, you can scroll down and view all the looks for that month, with a complete list of shadows used and where they are applied on the eyes for that look.

These are closeup photos, so it should be easy for you to identify those looks used on models with similar eye and skincolor to your own.

Insofar as a primer, have you considered using a cream eyeshadow in a pot (such as a MAC paint pot, or Maybelline Color Tattoo) or cream eyeshadow crayon (like Milani's Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencil in Almond Cream) instead? Once applied, these dry and will form a barrier of sorts between your skin and the powder eyeshadows you apply over them. Another bonus; because these are offered in colors similar to skintone, they also even out your lid color, making any shadows you apply over them more true to color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back