The maxiglide!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really???? i've been thinking about buying one.....i just wanted to get some opinions first...thanx!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know anything about the Maxiglide, but when I saw a post about it on another board, my first thought was a tampon. :icon_redf Anyone else?

LOL - Tabitha!!! :clap

My friend has one... I've tried it. It's ok. It didn't really straighten my hair too well, and the teeth snagged my hair a bit. I dunno - maybe she didn't have the temp. up enough, but it just seemed like any other Conair or something ... :icon_conf She loves it... so I guess it depends on your hair. Hers is short, mostly straight, and baby fine... mine takes a little bit of taming! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

I saw the infomercial on TV and I took a chance. I'm black and I have kinky hair and the maxiglide WORKS!! It makes my hair bone straight, I was so happy after I got it. It is the best investment I have ever made. Buy it, buy it, buy it!

i currently use those crappy conair ones (im in college, i have problems spending $100 on an iron). but im thinking of trying this one. aside from ebay, does anyone know where else i can get it for a cheaper price?

ok this is an update, so despite it costing me like $80, i went and got the maxiglide thing. and tried it this moring. 1st off i did my hair in like what 10min. and i only had to go through it once and my hair didnt fall out from pulling so hard.

my reaction: i did the supermodel hair thing all morning and attacked my friend matt with joy on my hair (he just kinda stared at me and thought i was insane).

i want to thank you all for offically make my hair happier!

I became so curious from this thread...I checked out the website:

http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/

I believe this is the correct product. Looks promising...I have frizzy, wavy hair when I don't blowdry. Perhaps I'll put this on my birthday wish list!!

The price kept me away for a long time too...but I think if you get it from the web site there's a 30 day money back gaurantee.

I have butt length, extremely thick, wavy hair. I had tried blow drying it straight twice but it takes over and hour and leaves me with lots of flyaways and within the hour after I'm done it began to kink up again. If that wasn't enough...extra long hair does not need all the extra stress of pulling tight with a brush and blow drying...I developed HORRIBLE spilt ends just from trying to dry it straight twice.

I finally took the plunge with the maxiglide and I THRILLED. It was really fast, really easy, my hair was slick and shiney and it stays straight until you wash it again. I don't know if it's the product they send with it or the itron or if it's the combo but IT WORKS.

I would recommend to anyone! :clap

Both linens n things and bed bath and beyond have coupons all the time.They mail them to my house but you can get the on line too. I got mine maxiglide for 20% off and I love it.

this is on my wish list! Im gonna pick it up soon. If Its a winner Im selling my CHI turbo which I wasnt really all that impressed with for the price. Like I have read, it seems to just flatten the hair and not actually straighten the whole shaft. I would like bc it does smooth and shine but it takes out ALL body and I still wanted some body.

Yeah, a lot of irons do just that... they flatten the cuticle, so thats why you get that 'super flat' shiny hair. I couldn't really get my hair straight just using an iron alone... I'd always have to blowdry it straight first. And being my hair gets really straight from just that, using an iron for me was just pointless, which is why I really don't ever use them anymore. But from using irons often you do eventually end up damaging the shaft... but to prolong the health of your hair, always use a good heat protectant. I have heard that the Chi Turbo version isn't as good as thier regular iron... Everyone I know has exchanged their turbo's for the originals. :icon_wink

I have the Maxiglide hair straightener and I this that it is the best straightner I have ever used. I used to waste my money on the store bought irons and they never did anything for me. It leaves my hair very silky and super straight. I got mine at www.shopathometv.com. You can even do a payment plan of 3 months for $26 if you can't afford $78 at one time, that is what I did. I would totally recommend this straightener.

Back