Mystery samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like the mystery sample packs are back...maybe a little different than last time? Not sure because I missed out. It looks like 5 for $10, 10 for $18 and 15 for $25. Hmmm, now to decide how many I want!

According to their CS:

the mystery boxes does actually have a retail value of 45.00. All the items in the box will be samples, although some items may consist of more substance than others, they will all be samples.

This means the samples have an average value of $3.

I was hoping for some FULL size items, like in the subscription box...still thinking about purchasing - can't resist mystery boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to skip this time.  I got two last time and I had sample running out of my ears, plus I don't want to want to risk getting the moisterizer mania box that they sent out before the revamp! But hopefully some of the ladies that missed out last time can get in on it!

thought about it…had it in cart…came back…sold out…waited a little while…came back…back in stock…quickly purchased 2 $25 boxes…I need help :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought 2 of the 15 item boxes and it let me use my $10 off any purchase coupon from Septembers Sample Society box - and since the original total was $50, I got free shipping.  I couldn't help myself.  Last time, I didn't use much out of the boxes, but my mother in law loved most everything that I didn't want.  She loves skin care but won't buy it for herself - she just uses regular old bar soap and body lotion on her face - so she gets so excited when I give her stuff.  I may just create a gift basket for her out of these samples and she can have an early Christmas present.

I got my box today. It was the 15 samples kit A. Came really fast by Fedex.

Not sure how to do spoilers. Do u want me to list what I got? It was definitely skin care heavy 7 out of 15 samples. Also got a candle and 2 hair care. 5 could be considered makeup. Good box for me. Will only not use 1 item. Was disappointed didn't get Butter London. Also no perfume. Yay!

Not sure how to do spoilers. Do u want me to list what I got? It was definitely skin care heavy 7 out of 15 samples. Also got a candle and 2 hair care. 5 could be considered makeup. Good box for me. Will only not use 1 item. Was disappointed didn't get Butter London. Also no perfume. Yay!
I'd love to hear! To do a spoiler you need to wrap spoiler tags around the image or words like this:

spoiler text!
...and it turns out like this!

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px][/SIZE]

spoiler text!

L'Occitane Immortale cream .5 0z, Murad Hydro-Dynamic eye cream .12 oz

Murad pore and line moisturizer .33oz, Caudalie vinoperfect serum .06 oz, H2O oxygenator rejuvenator night cream .27 oz, Sonya Dakur flash facial exfoliating cream .4 oz, Yu-Be skin cream .1 oz, Illume travel candle Balsam and Cedar, Caviar CC Cream .85 oz, Oscar Blandi texture and volume spray 1oz, Lorac poreperfection primer .17 oz, Juice Beauty CC cream .17 oz, Borghese Brightening makeup 1 oz, Jane Iredale Mascara and Jane Iredale lash primer.

Hope this worked. Glad I ordered.

I am so happy with my boxes!!!

Box A:

- Illume travel candle Balsam and Cedar $3

- Lorac Perfection mattifying face primer $6

- Borghese Splendore brightening makeup $30

- Jane Iredale lash extender and conditioner $4

- Jane Iredale mascara $8

- Oscar Blondi texture & volume hair spray $6

- Caviar CC Cream leave-in hair perfector $9

- Sonya Dakar Flash Facial $38

- Murad age reform for eyes $15

- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC cream $4

- L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cream $17

- Murad Pore and Line Minimizing Hydrator $10

- H2O+ Oxygenating Rejuvenator $6

- Caudalie radiance serum $5

- Yu-Be skin Cream $2

Total = $163

Box B:

- Illume travel candle Anemone $3

- Butter nail polish in Bobby Dazzler (my first) $15

- Oscar Blondi mousse $4

- Bamboo volume spray $5

- Borghese makeup remover $4

- Erno Laszlo repair balm $10

- Sonya Dakar flash facial $38

- Purlisse face moisturizer $16

- Philosophy hope in a jar night cream $10

- Murad essential C day cream $12

- Herban essentials lavender aromatherapy towelette $1

- Juliette Has a Gun Anyway perfume $1

- Tatcha Japanese Beauty Papers – 30 sheets $12

Total = $143

For $40 + tax I got $306 worth of products and for once nothing is going in the gift pile! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Butter London comes in Box B
It's my first one and I got a lovely silver color :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so happy with my boxes!!!

Box A:

- Illume travel candle Balsam and Cedar $3

- Borghese Splendore brightening makeup $30

- Jane Iredale lash extender and conditioner $4

- Jane Iredale mascara $8

- Oscar Blondi texture & volume hair spray $6

- Caviar CC Cream leave-in hair perfector $9

- Sonya Dakar Flash Facial $38

- Murad age reform for eyes $15

- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC cream $4

- L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cream $17

- Murad Pore and Line Minimizing Hydrator $10

- Caudalie radiance serum $5

- Yu-Be skin Cream $2

Total = $163

Box B:

- Illume travel candle Anemone $3

- Butter nail polish in Bobby Dazzler (my first) $15

- Oscar Blondi mousse $4

- Bamboo volume spray $5

- Borghese makeup remover $4

- Erno Laszlo repair balm $10

- Sonya Dakar flash facial $38

- Purlisse face moisturizer $16

- Philosophy hope in a jar night cream $10

- Murad essential C day cream $12

- Herban essentials lavender aromatherapy towelette $1

- Juliette Has a Gun Anyway perfume $1

- Tatcha Japanese Beauty Papers – 30 sheets $12

Total = $143

For $40 + tax I got $306 worth of products and for once nothing is going in the gift pile! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I received both of these boxes yesterday...love pretty much everything I got but was a little disappointed that the Jane Iredale lash extender & conditioner was nearly empty & dried out and the brush was rock hard.

Spoiler didn't work don't know if anyone can fix this.

I'd love to hear! To do a spoiler you need to wrap spoiler tags around the image or words like this:

spoiler text!
...and it turns out like this!

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px][/SIZE]

spoiler text!
 In the second bracketed spoiler, just add a slash, like this -> / before the word spoiler :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back