Beautyblender dupe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I got a job and started paying for my own makeup I've realized just how expensive it is and have decided to cheapen it a bit. I've started with face makeup and have come across a great new tool for applying foundation, a beautyblender!. But it's $20, not a big deal but there's a lot to buy and I was wondering if they was a good dupe for this product. Or is this one of the things that shouldn't even be duped? I don't mind having a few more expensive things in my makeup bag, I'm just trying to save a few dollars where I can. 

Hi! First of all, sorry my english! I'm working as a make up artist since 2006 year. At biggining of my career i bought from ebay a cheap make up set brushes and i worked with the avon cossmetics. Now i have ket professional make up set brushes 12 pieces that costs 120 euro, and i'm working with the atelier make up pallets and cosmetics, one pallete have 5 colour and costs 35 euro. I want to say that , may be for beggining of the career, when you need to practice , you don't have expensive brushes or cosmetics. But, in course of your practice you will understand that a qualitative brush and shadow, very much matters. It is more easy to work and to aply an eyeshadow with a professional tool. I wish you succese.

I am not fan from sponges coz they easily grow mold and bacteria that can make your skin breakout.
But if you still want a good dupe I would say the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge is a fantastic dupe or even better.

I am not fan from sponges coz they easily grow mold and bacteria that can make your skin breakout.

But if you still want a good dupe I would say the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge is a fantastic dupe or even better.
I don't see how people are getting mold on their sponges. I clean mine regularly, few times a week and a deep clean every week and don't get this problem and I have never had issues with my face. Are they leaving their sponges in a damp, moist environment, such as a bathroom?

I would say Swissco Precision Blending Sponge or the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge. I've used both, I really prefer the Swissco sponge since it gives a flawless application for concealer and foundation and the pointed edge it good for blending undereye concealer.

I absolutely LOVE my Real Techniques sponge! I've bought 4 of them in the last six months..I stocked up while they were on sale. I've never actually tried a BB but for the price I just don't see how they can be worth it. I've tried a few "off brand" random ones here and there but they have all been way too stiff. 

I think the Real Techniques one is great for anyone looking to try out a beauty sponge :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The name brand "beauty blender" is way ove priced. Amazon has tons of other options. We do too.

I totally get what you mean, I have tried the original beauty blender and a number of beauty blender dupes and the ones that I really like and think are the closest to the original are the Revive Beauty Blender which is only 6$ at Winner, Target and Marshals and the Aesthetica Beauty Sponge with is 14$ on their website. http://aesthetica.me/products/aesthetica-beauty-sponge

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back