Circular Swap #6 - Calibama? Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the swapping order for CS#6 - Calibama?

1. @@lovepink (Box Starter)
  2. @@Kristine Walker
  3. @@tulosai
  4. @@Jwls750
  5. @@Lolo22
  6. @
  7. @tgooberbutt
  8. @tnorth1852 
  9. [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]@@lovepink [/SIZE](Return to Box Starter)

To be a good participant, please post to the thread when you have received the box (required), post pictures of the box contents (optional, but always fun and appreciated) and PM the next recipient with delivery confirmation information when you send the box on (required). You have the option of either PMing the next recipient or @tgooberbutt for the mailing address/info of the next participant.

Try to keep the box moving by sending it within one (1) week of when you receive it. Remember, over-communication is better than no communication! PM @tgooberbutt if you run into issues. And remember to have fun and stalk other threads!!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys I have spent all day today getting the stuff together.  I am going to post some pics tomorrow and cull through my collection one last time.  I apologize as I am low on foils but I have LOTS of stuff in there!

I am both excited and scared to be a box starter!

Oh am I ever thrilled! October I am turning 50, and CS will be just like a birthday pressie! I'm rooting like a mad badger to get my stash in one easy location.

Does anyone have a specific type thing they would like? If I have it I will be glad to put your name on it, if everyone is OK with this.

Ok here is what I have so far.  I still need to go through everything and add more stuff.  I have not added the lippies from the Sephora Give Me More set from this year and I did not photo pefumes (not a lot!).

IMG_2857.JPG
Everything!

IMG_2858.JPG
Items that have been lightly swatched/used. I will label these and put them seperate.

IMG_2859.JPG
Inside of Tarte Palette. 6 shades have been used 2x max. 4 shades are untouched.

Ok I found more stuff to put in and did the inital round of packing.  I am still adding stuff but will let those things be a suprise to the group!

IMG_2860.JPG

Added

IMG_2863.JPG

Inital pack

I was a goof and have not been saving boxes so I had to pack in bags.  All of the bags/storages are available for the taking so if you want one, please take it!

OMG - I looove Sunday Riley and Eve Lom! Can't get enough of that range!  I know I'm last, and it's way too early to think about multiple go-arounds, but is there anything that you guys are looking for (categories or brands)?

Eek! The Tarte pastel eye palette!! I am hyperventilated, that will mix perfectly with my Glinda palette.

Stole this from @@BlackMagicRose

1.What type of products do you love?

2.What type of products do you dislike?

3.Favorite brands?

4.Least favorite brands?

Mine:

1. Lipsticks, lipgloss, eyeshadows, gel liners that are not black

2. Black eyeliners, loose powders, blush, bronzers, highlighters and most skincare

3. Cailyn,  Stila, Urban Decay, Tarte, Lorac, theBalm......drugstore Wet and Wild, Jordana,Rimmel, L'Oreal and Revlon

4.Mary Kay, Almay, Benefit, Nars

(PS) It is never too early to plan for multiple rounds, my stash is in two piles already;)

1. What type of products do you love? Eyeshadows, eyeliners, lip products, mascara, perfume, body stuff, some skin care stuff-looking for cleansers not moisturizers!

2. What type of products do you dislike? blush, bronzer, foundation, false eye lashes

3. Favorite brands? UD, Too Faced, All the indies, Nyx, Maybelline, L'oreal, LORAC, Stila, Smashbox

4. Least favorite brands? Philsophy, Bliss, Soap & Glory, 

That is what i came up with off the top of my head haha!

-skincare (for hyperpigmentation, moisturizing, exfoliation, anything with benzol peroxide, lactic, salicylic, malic, or glycolic acids)

-handcare (lotions, spf, cuticle care...)

-budge-proof eye-makeup (liners, mascara, shadow sticks)

-food/kitchen related life-style stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2.What type of products do you dislike?

-facial primer

-any lippie that is not a balm.

-non-waterproof eye makeup.

-hair products

-glittery stuff

3.Favorite brands?

-peter thomas roth, paula's choice, amore pacific, the body shop's tea tree line, yes too (anything!), diptyque, jo malone, molton brown, l'occitane, EOS, Caudalie, Shiseido, Dr. Dennis Gross.

4.Least favorite brands?

-philosophy, JCat, Be a Bombshell, Borghese, TooFaced, Clinique, FAB, Kate Sommerville, Bliss, Boscia.

Today I started going through my stash getting stuff ready for this! Got through eye makeup and still have so much more to get through. Great idea with the q's, I defintely want to try to find things I have that people are looking for.

Volumizing and clarifying hair products, skincare (esp moisture treatments, stuff for breakouts/combo skin, pores), glitter nail polish/nuetral creams, bubble bath.

2.What type of products do you dislike? Foundation, hair oils, sunscreen.

3.Favorite brands?

Indies, Fresh, Eva NYC, Klorane.

4.Least favorite brands?

Most things ipsy sends out.

1.What type of products do you love? I am a nail polish and lippie junkie. I also like brightly colored eyeliners, eyeshadows in general, bath and body products in general, hair masks and face masks.  

2.What type of products do you dislike? Um tough one :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> foundation, primer, bronzer, false eyelashes are not my faves

3.Favorite brands? Another tough one.  Indies, Buxom, Stilla, wide variety of nail polish brands I'd feel bad listing so many, Beauty Protector, LUSH, Tocca, Whish

4.Least favorite brands? Honestly there are products I dislike but I am not hardcore biased against any brands as a whole.

I keep looking at the pictures and wiping drool. That pink traincase is really calling my name.

Oh! I will be including $3 off coupons from Covergirl+Olay for everyone in our group. They expire 12/31/14, if you can't use them feel free to pass yours to a friend!

I keep looking at the pictures and wiping drool. That pink traincase is really calling my name.

Oh! I will be including $3 off coupons from Covergirl+Olay for everyone in our group. They expire 12/31/14, if you can't use them feel free to pass yours to a friend!
Yay!  I am so happy that in this swap I get to send you stuff instead of the other way around!  If you like it and want to keep it, the label is on the handle and will peel off easy (that is why I stuck it there lol).

I keep struggling with finding more stuff and do I add it now, or hold for next round (which may or may not happen) the struggle of a beauty hoarder enthusiast!

Super excited! I love swaps!  There is no way I can fill out that survey though. There are too many answers and not enough time to type! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a looooooot of goodies to add. And just from what's in the initial box I'm loving the DL polishes (although I see someone else is in love there too), and that orange gloss looks amazing (although I can't tell what brand it is). Either way, so excited.

For me it's kind of less about what I get out of it and more about just the excitement of the whole thing!

Latest posts

Back