Circular Swap #6 - American Beauty Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the swapping order for CS#6 - American Beauty

1. @@BlackMagicRose (box starter)
  2. @@naturalactions
  3. @@SaraP
  4. @@juraseka
  5. @@LuckyMoon
  6. @@yellowdoodlebug
  7. @@BlackMagicRose (return to box starter)

To be a good participant, please post to the thread when you have received the box (required), post pictures of the box contents (optional, but always fun and appreciated) and PM the next recipient with delivery confirmation information when you send the box on (required). You have the option of either PMing the next recipient or @tgooberbutt for the mailing address/info of the next participant.

Try to keep the box moving by sending it within one (1) week of when you receive it. Remember, over-communication is better than no communication! PM @tgooberbutt if you run into issues. And remember to have fun and stalk other threads!!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS - you guys will have to come up with a name!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everyone! I have looked through pretty much every circular swap thread, and the process definitely seems more fun if we stay engaged with each other and get to know everyone! Since I am the box started this time, the first thing I want to know are they types of products and brands everyone likes! It doesn't mean that we will get only things tailored to our likes, but it helps us get to know each other and will maybe make people ask themselves things like, "Will anyone in this group actually want my J.Cat glitter palette?"  :lol:

I'd love it if people could list the types of products they like in general, brands they like, and maybe a few things on their wishlist. 

Types of products I like: skincare, makeup

Products I don't like/use: perfume, nail polish

Favorite brands: Living proof, Urban Decay, Lorac, Anastasia, Smashbox

Wishlist items: Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream, Buxom mascara, Anastasia brow gel, cleansing oils, sheet masks

Again, this is not to pressure people into fulfilling everyone's wishlists, but so we can learn more about each other and the type of products we like! It also really helps me as a box starter to sort through all my goodies to find things people will actually like! I am anticipating that we will probably do more than one round (either among ourselves or trading boxes with another group). I also think that swatched items are okay if they are marked with a post it or something. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and swapping! 

Hi Swap Group!

@@BlackMagicRose  I think it's a great idea for everyone to list their likes/dislikes just as a general guide for everyone.  And also, thanks so much for being the box starter!

I love:  makeup, skincare, nail polish & bath products

Don't love:  perfume 

Favorite brands:  Tarte, Living Proof, Benefit, Fresh & Josie Maran

Wish List:  Rainbow Honey nail polish/products & Living Proof: satin hair serum & perfect hair day products 

I am fine with including swatched products that are marked also. I'm really excited to get started w/our swap & to get to know our group.   

Hi girls!!
I was looking over your summer swap get to know me thread, and we are a lot alike! We are even in the same house at Hogwarts! I have always been a Slytherin person. I even love collecting things that have to do with snakes (main reason I wanted the Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette). We also have similar tastes in shows and movies (and our love for Disney villains. They were all so stylish!)

@@BlackMagicRose That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing when I read your first post!

I'm so excited to do this swap! I really enjoyed doing summer swap, more so for the people involved then the products. Don't get me wrong I loooooved the goodies too!

Types of products I like: Lip anything!!! oil control, brow, any and all makeup

Products I don't like/use: perfume/nail polish

Favorite brands: Too Faced, Paula's Choice, Mac, Nars, Urban Decay

Wishlist items: Berry lip products, Mally's Mattifer, Brow pencil that will last all day (a girl can dream right!?!?)

I will pass on any used items (except pump/spray type items), but I have a lot of swatched things and will sanitize, mark and include them if other's are interested. I'm terrible at naming things, but where are we all from maybe that's a place to start? Although I do love being called a Makeup Maven =)

@@BlackMagicRose That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing when I read your first post!

I'm so excited to do this swap! I really enjoyed doing summer swap, more so for the people involved then the products. Don't get me wrong I loooooved the goodies too!

Types of products I like: Lip anything!!! oil control, brow, any and all makeup

Products I don't like/use: perfume/nail polish

Favorite brands: Too Faced, Paula's Choice, Mac, Nars, Urban Decay

Wishlist items: Berry lip products, Mally's Mattifer, Brow pencil that will last all day (a girl can dream right!?!?)

I will pass on any used items (except pump/spray type items), but I have a lot of swatched things and will sanitize, mark and include them if other's are interested. I'm terrible at naming things, but where are we all from maybe that's a place to start? Although I do love being called a Makeup Maven =)
Have you tried the Mally Mattifier yet (I think it's called the Face Defender)? I used it for about 2 weeks and was very careful with it, but when I went to use it a few days ago, it was all dried out! It made me so mad since I paid $40 for it! 

I think we are from all over the place! I see people from California, Illinois, D.C., and Louisiana! 

My sad little makeup area right now. On the bed, there is a medium flat rate box that already has a bunch of goodies in it! I am going to send it out soon, but I kind of want to hear from everyone so I know the types of products everyone likes. 

IMG_1709.JPG

Hi ladies!

I'm super excited to be a part of your group for my first Circular Swap! It's cool to recognize some of your user names from other threads I follow, so it will be nice to get to know you all better. @@BlackMagicRose thanks for taking the initiative to make this swap as fun and successful as possible!

Types of products I like: makeup, skincare, glitter nail polish

Products I don't like/use: Hair oils

Favorite brands: tarte, too faced, the balm, kat Von d,

Wishlist items: face serums, zoya pixie dust polishes,

@@SaraP - looking at your wish list you listed mally mattifer...is that Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer? Or the Mally Face Defender?

I am also fine with swatched items if they are labeled and a second round too if others are interested when the time comes.

As far as our name, I am from Orange County. If we don't go with a location based name, I like "makeup mavens" a lot, but will be thinking all day of other choices.

@@naturalactions we're neighbors =), I think the Mally product comes in a compact, but it sounds like @@BlackMagicRose tried it and it dried out within 2 weeks! Yikes!

I have found my hg oil control with the Dior mattifing primer, but I'm always interested in new things. Oil and pores are my top concerns, now that I have acne controlled and wrinkles aren't showing up yet, the only benefit to my oil problem.

Hi all! I am soo excited for my first circular swap! I have tons of goodies, mostly full-size, just WAITING! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Types of products I like: makeup, skincare, haircare

Products I don't like/use: perfume, nail polish

Favorite brands: Benefit, Lorac, Make Up Forever, Smashbox, Tarte, Too Face, Urban Decay

Wishlist items: Good Naked dupe, Nume Finishing serum, UD primer potion

Hi ladies! Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I'm so excited for my first circular swap and to get to know some of you a little better! I'm from the DC metro area; also, shout out to my fellow Slytherins! I knew I was meant to be in Slytherin when I took the test on Pottermore, and then re-took it to get a different result.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Types of products I like: makeup, skincare, perfume
Products I don't like/use: lashes, hair oils, floral perfumes
Favorite brands: Dermadoctor, Atelier Cologne, Urban Decay, Tarte, Lush
Wishlist items: lip products in berry colors (really, just all the lip products), too faced, bronzer, brushes

Hi ladies! Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I'm so excited for my first circular swap and to get to know some of you a little better! I'm from the DC metro area; also, shout out to my fellow Slytherins! I knew I was meant to be in Slytherin when I took the test on Pottermore, and then re-took it to get a different result.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Types of products I like: makeup, skincare, perfume

Products I don't like/use: lashes, hair oils, floral perfumes

Favorite brands: Dermadoctor, Atelier Cologne, Urban Decay, Tarte, Lush

Wishlist items: lip products in berry colors (really, just all the lip products), too faced, bronzer, brushes
Hello! We have a lot of Slytherins here. I approve! 

So after thinking of names all day I think I like "American Beauty" the best from my list. Since we are all over the country I thought it might work. I have never seen the movie though so if its way off let me know.

I also still really like Makeup Mavens!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back