Starlooks October 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sooooo excited about this sneak peek!

Seriously, brows are my biggest obsession right now, but I have trouble varying up the shapes so those guides will be awesome. Brow stencils, tweezers, wax, AND a highlight? I am so on board for this.

Unsubbed as of September so I am pretty happy since that box didnt appeal to me.. this box looks awesome but it would have been upsetting fo rme since its a duplicate..  I received a similar item in a box in 2013 and what was not featured in that box but in this new one, i ended up receiving from Starlooks since I had asked for it a few months ago..

You guys will be happy for sure!!!

just talked to a starlooks rep - the brow kit is the only thing in October's box, it is lower than our normal value....

also, newbies in sept. box got a new lip paint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  We oldies didn't get it....

I absolutely love Glowofgrace's channel and have been an avid watcher of hers for a couple years but I must say that if we are only getting a brow kit for October, I'm pretty bummed. If we can't customize it, what's the point? I'm so blonde that most "universal" colors still look extremely dark on me and Starlooks has 4 options available. Hopefully this will kick start the customization they were mentioning.

I really don't care for brow powders since I basically have to draw my eyebrows on since I have almost none (this is what happens when you tweeze too much for too long, friends) but I'm interested in testing this out. I'm concerned about how the shade selection will turn out though. I think all of the colors will be way too red (for me) and the darkest one will be too dark.

I really don't care for brow powders since I basically have to draw my eyebrows on since I have almost none (this is what happens when you tweeze too much for too long, friends) but I'm interested in testing this out. I'm concerned about how the shade selection will turn out though. I think all of the colors will be way too red (for me) and the darkest one will be too dark.
I wonder if Starlooks would honor requests if you email them with your shades?  I don't have issues with brow powder as my eyebrows are a  chocolate brown, so most any med to dark brown shade will work for me, but for those ladies who have lighter brows, perhaps they might take that into consideration?

it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

just talked to a starlooks rep - the brow kit is the only thing in October's box, it is lower than our normal value....

also, newbies in sept. box got a new lip paint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  We oldies didn't get it....
I was wondering if we would get that or not. It would be nice to get it in an upcoming box.

What?!? The only thing? I mean, I love brow products, but getting a product marketed towards only brows seems kind of silly. Not only is it undervalue, but it could be a miss for a lot of subscribers. And since it's the October item, a month I'd usually associate with really fun and crazy items, that's kind of a let down....

Well, I already got charged for it. I'll just make the best of it. Still excited to the kit out, but had I known it would be the only item I may have just skipped the month.

What?!? The only thing? I mean, I love brow products, but getting a product marketed towards only brows seems kind of silly. Not only is it undervalue, but it could be a miss for a lot of subscribers. And since it's the October item, a month I'd usually associate with really fun and crazy items, that's kind of a let down....

Well, I already got charged for it. I'll just make the best of it. Still excited to the kit out, but had I known it would be the only item I may have just skipped the month.
yeah, but we get a nice brush and tweezers with it, so think of it as getting a couple of tools too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I know, I spoke with Starlooks and they were like yeah, but it is a big kit!

I emailed Starlooks about this, and I got the expected sorry but try to enjoy it response. Whoever emailed me back was very pleasant. The thing that really turns me off about this box is the lack of variety, which is one of my favorite things about Starboxes. I very rarely get a box that I'll use all the things for, but I'll usually use the majority of it. This box is basically either something you like or something you have no use for, and while I'm sure that many will love this box, a lot of us will have difficulty finding things to like about it. 

Although it's disappointing, it's still far better than the last blogger box we received. *Still* pissed about that one.

I'm one of the crazy ones who is going to LOVE this box.  I'm always on the lookout for good brow products (half my brows are splotchy and just don't grow right so I have to fill them in).

So, I finally emailed and asked when customization was going to begin and if I could request the lightest kit for my pale princess self and this is the response I got: 

"Kyra,

Customization will begin in 2015 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The palette you will receive actually does contain our lightest shade, plus some others for contouring. I would just recommend using it sparingly. If you don't like it for your brows, you can always use them as eye shadows!"

It doesn't say WHEN next year, but it looks like we'll get customization in 2015! :-D

I'm actually disappointed I didn't get this box the more I think about it.  I can't wait for you all to post pics when you get it!

You know, the longer I thought about this box, the more excited I got! Sure I was a little miffed that it lacked variety, but brows are my latest beauty obsession. Only downside, I was planning on getting a Dip Brow for my birthday, so the powders and wax are kind of moot. The tweezers, brush, and stencils will still be useful though. Would have loved some more lip products though.

Got mine in the mail today! Sadly, the shades they sent are too dark for my paleness. They said we can double it as a neutral palette but honestly, I have SO many neutral colors that this isn't going to work for me. I'll just have to pass it on to my darker complected little sister!

Latest posts

Back