Subscription Box Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have many cosmetic subscription boxes and life-style boxes for myself. I have been wanting to get a subscription box that is made for chefs. Not some healthy snack subscription box, but a box that sends out actual food items/tools for chefs. Do any of you know anything like that? I have been looking online all day long for a box like that, but I have only found healthy snack boxes like Love with Food, Graze Box, etc. If you know of any, that would be a great help to me if you could share them. Thank you very much! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't get this box myself, however the Tyler Florence box came to mind because I've always thought it looked really nice. You might like this (not a referral link or anything, just a link to Fancy Tyler Florence page below
I think the Tyler Florence Fancy box has ended.  The last round of blog reviews I saw on that one was a couple of months ago.

I can think of several.  The Fare Trade (notice spelling) is expensive but gives you nice food items, recipes and video tutorials on how to use the food items they give you. I have really liked what they do.  They are on the gourmet side and occasionally have specials.  I got my subscription from Gilt City.  Mantry is another one but it is more expensive than Fare  trade. Neither of these boxes have kitchen items in them that  I have seen, just nice food items.  If you look at the Fare Trade site you will get an idea of what they do.    

If you want both kitchen items and food items, try Animal or Chef Ludo LeFevre  or Food 52 at QUarterly.  These are all Quarterly Co. curators that are listed on the Quarterly Co. site.  They are quarterly boxes that go for $50 a quarter.  they give examples of what they hent in the past which will help you decide which one is for you.  Animal's appears particularly nice. , Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods is also on Quarterly.  If you want regional food, Batch Charleston ard Nashville are very nice but they don't contain any kitchen items.

I have gotten Mantry in the past but wasn't happy with the value. 

I just received the first Melissa Joulwan Quarterly box a few weeks ago and really liked it. It's a paleo/clean eating box. It had several items and a really nice paring knife.

Love the Batch boxes (Nashville, Charleston, Memphis).

Hatchery is okay. It's more samples than full-size. 

I subscribed to the Taste Trunk gourmet box for awhile.  Not cooking tools, but definately geared towards cooking rather than snacks.  A lot of spices, sauces, dressings, etc.  There's a "healthy chef" one too, but it looks like it's currently only available as a one-time box or a prepaid subscription, rather than monthly.  Their website is kinda weird.  I keep thinking about resubscribing.  It's more expensive than I'd pay for any other subscription box, but I think I've enjoyed the stuff I got in it more than I have in other food-related boxes.  I got somewhat behind on using the stuff, but that's probably partially because I get stuck in food habits.  I got a pineapple salsa in one, and after I finished it I ended up making my own pineapple salsa for a while.  Only just opened the bottle of mild indian curry ketchup a couple days ago.  (It's good, but distinctly curry-ish and not really ketchup-ish.  Nice with sweet potato fries.)

Anyways, how much use I get out of it seems to depend on how experimental I'm feeling, and I got to the point where I had a lot of things from the boxes still waiting to be used.  I'll probably resubscribe after I've used up the backlog. 

At one point they were doing a mini-trunk thing, but that doesn't seem to be offered anymore. 

But anyway, if you're looking for things to be used for cooking, you should definately check that one out. 

Fancy Culinary box is the replacement for the Tyler Florence Box.  The Hello Fresh Quarterly box (not the regular food delivery, but the quarterly box) may be a good fit. i liked TF box immensely before it went downhill! 

Oh and how could i forget? Hampton's Lane. That's the box you want. Duh. Sorry. It's early.

Latest posts

Back