Julep: November 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 days... I thought maybe we could start talking about the next box? Also if Julep will ever get its $#!& together. Discuss

To recap, here are three of the polishes for this month:

DQtFxzrl.jpg

nbOrUvPl.jpg

And the product is mascara. 

mjSsInT.jpg

Hmmmm...not tooo interested in a new mascara.  I actually need to buy "underwear for lashes" (by Origins).  I haven't worn it in years, and it does wonders for your eyelashes!  I'm excited to see the colors for November, though. 

I really hope I like the It Girl box or Polish Lovers, because otherwise I will be skipping for sure. Mascara is the one beauty product I will never, ever, ever, ever purchase because I don't like it, and don't feel like I need it. And none of my friends and family would use mascara, so I wouldn't pass it off to them if I received it. I'm holding out against converting to My Maven, so I won't be customizing my box to get rid of the mascara.

I must say: the fact that they had two additional polish/product boxes to choose from in October (Mommy's Little Monster and Dark Arts) was a great idea. Maybe if they do that again in November, I'll pick one of those instead. It would be great if they did that every month so that more options are available.

At least the sneak preview of the November colors makes them look appealing. Maybe all of them will be just as nice! Fingers crossed!

Ahhhh the saga of what was it? 5 boxes for $16 is over. Now I have to use real money if I choose a box this month. These spoilers are snooze city so I don't see that happening. For around $20 or whatever they price the mascara, I'll stick with my Too Faced mascara.

Ahhhh the saga of what was it? 5 boxes for $16 is over. Now I have to use real money if I choose a box this month. These spoilers are snooze city so I don't see that happening. For around $20 or whatever they price the mascara, I'll stick with my Too Faced mascara.
Mine was over last month -- they charged me anyway, despite saying they wouldn't at first.  So check your card if you haven't already.

Mine was over last month -- they charged me anyway, despite saying they wouldn't at first. So check your card if you haven't already.
I received my October box today and was never charged. I changed my card to an empty visa gc so they can't charge me even if they try. It makes me mad how inconsistent they are with the people who got that deal.

Well, I am worried. You see I signed up for a deal with a welcome box. I am still uncertain if I get 3 boxes and a welcome box, or if I get 2 boxes and a welcome box for the 3 month sub. I paid about $30 for the 3 month sub.

It shows me as getting two Maven Window Orders. And of course seperately listed, the welcome box. When I emailed them in Sept to ask, they said Oct would be my last box, and my account showed 1 box left. When I picked my Oct box, it showed that I had 1 box left still. If I don't cancel, will I get burned for a 3 month sub?

Not really liking anything I see so far for November. I'm hoping there will be something else that strikes my fancy.

I think I might finally be burnt out with Julep. I have so many Julep polishes that are currently unused and the formula has been hit and miss for some time. I can still skip so I'm keeping my account but going forward I'm not going to bite unless I'm really interested.

Not really liking anything I see so far for November. I'm hoping there will be something else that strikes my fancy.

I think I might finally be burnt out with Julep. I have so many Julep polishes that are currently unused and the formula has been hit and miss for some time. I can still skip so I'm keeping my account but going forward I'm not going to bite unless I'm really interested.
I vert much feel the same. For me it only took almost a year to feel burned out. I'm not sure how their polish can be so inconsistent, like maybe they don't test batches from the factory before sending them out. /end rant.I usually take a box based on beauty product, and their mascara doesn't interest me. Colors look pretty.

ETA I appreciate the heads up on the beauty product. I can divert the money to other skincare and makeup holiday kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am worried. You see I signed up for a deal with a welcome box. I am still uncertain if I get 3 boxes and a welcome box, or if I get 2 boxes and a welcome box for the 3 month sub. I paid about $30 for the 3 month sub.

It shows me as getting two Maven Window Orders. And of course seperately listed, the welcome box. When I emailed them in Sept to ask, they said Oct would be my last box, and my account showed 1 box left. When I picked my Oct box, it showed that I had 1 box left still. If I don't cancel, will I get burned for a 3 month sub?
The 3 month subscriptions are SUPPOSED to be welcome/intro box, and two customizable boxes. There's glitches that have made some subs the welcome/intro box + 3 monthly boxes.

I don't think it's possible to cancel if you still have prepaid months, so you might as well call and try to cancel now (assuming that you're planning to cancel). If you don't cancel, you will get billed $60 (er, 59.97 or whatever) for your renewal. If you want to switch to monthly ($25/mo) you will have to call them. Right now is probably the best time of the month to call, before the window opens on the 20th. CS seems to get slammed as soon as the window opens ever month.

FYI there is a Maven event in LA today.... I think it's going on right now, so let's see what the ladies bring back. XD If you see spoilers, please post them!

inevitably i find it first, hahaha. Provided by a lovely lady in the Julep swap group on FB. I don't know if she wants her name publicly on a forum, so I won't credit her by name.

here's the november collection:

Rt6nvsDl.jpg

swatches:

rVsEouzl.jpg

12.... is surprising. I guess all the extra polishes to add on. I think they're in the other column.

More about holiday collection and upcoming products under the spoilers:

vYAPnbPl.jpg
luFmF2Bl.jpg

It seems like the holiday collection polishes are indeed the December collection. helllooo upgrade. I'm not even super into glitters, but this collection is out of the park.

6OHQ0R8l.jpg

amazingly qt box. Nice to see a change! would make for a great present.

XMyuiRel.jpg

return of the lipsticks! I'm guessing december.... looks like a full upgrade for me oop

From what I have heard, I think the "Holiday Collection" is going to be something similar to the Gem Collection they had last year. A set of polishes sold separately. If they were for December, wouldn't they just say they are for December on the card? Instead it says Holiday.

From what I have heard, I think the "Holiday Collection" is going to be something similar to the Gem Collection they had last year. A set of polishes sold separately. If they were for December, wouldn't they just say they are for December on the card? Instead it says Holiday.
okay jk you're right according to the owner of the photos. kind of weird then they labeled it as Dec 2014 on the card. I still want them, hopefully they're not ridiculously priced

inevitably i find it first, hahaha. Provided by a lovely lady in the Julep swap group on FB. I don't know if she wants her name publicly on a forum, so I won't credit her by name.

here's the november collection:

Rt6nvsDl.jpg

swatches:

rVsEouzl.jpg

12.... is surprising. I guess all the extra polishes to add on. I think they're in the other column.

More about holiday collection and upcoming products under the spoilers:

vYAPnbPl.jpg
luFmF2Bl.jpg

It seems like the holiday collection polishes are indeed the December collection. helllooo upgrade. I'm not even super into glitters, but this collection is out of the park.

6OHQ0R8l.jpg

amazingly qt box. Nice to see a change! would make for a great present.

XMyuiRel.jpg

return of the lipsticks! I'm guessing december.... looks like a full upgrade for me oop
Thanks for posting these. Most of these polishes are gorgeous, not really what I go for but they are beautiful. I already see a few I like from each collection.

My box details are up for November! Maven Luxe is:

Graphite Shimmer Eye Glider

Regal Teal Eye Glider

Bronze Shimmer Eye Glider

Length Matters Mascara

Your Box: November Classic with a Twist Box

Includes:

Devon

Go Big Volumizing Mascara

Shari

Latest posts

Back