Is a dark concealer useful for contouring or anything else?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received my Bare Escentuals mystery box, and I love it! Almost everything is useful to me, although it's not exactly what I expected (a few of the items differ from the list in my order confirmation that's also included in the box). The one thing that I can't imagine how I'll use is a bareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Concealer in Honey Bisque. I'm very fair-skinned and this could never be used as a concealer for me. Should I give it away or open it up and experiment? Anyone ever used a too-dark powder concealer for anything other than its original purpose?

If this is an item anyone's been looking for, PM me and maybe we can do a mini trade. Also, if anyone's curious about the rest of the box, I'm happy to post a list and picture! Anyone else have any mystery box conundrums or pleasant surprises?

I can't use that brand, but in terms of a concealer that is too dark, yes, you could use it for contouring if it's not too yellow/orange leaning on you. Otherwise, you could also use it as a crease colour or a base for most of the lid in a darker eye look. You might even be able to use it as a warm blush/bronzer tone in the spring/summer. I'd take a look at the shade in online swatches to see if it looks like it would work.

I can't use that brand, but in terms of a concealer that is too dark, yes, you could use it for contouring if it's not too yellow/orange leaning on you. Otherwise, you could also use it as a crease colour or a base for most of the lid in a darker eye look. You might even be able to use it as a warm blush/bronzer tone in the spring/summer. I'd take a look at the shade in online swatches to see if it looks like it would work.
IA with this. I've used concealers that were far too dark for me (gifted to me) as a crease colour on the lid for a smokey look. I gave up on using it after a month ,and ended up passing it onto a mate who moved to a hotter climate, her skin changed in colour so it came in use. You could try it for contouring purposes ,i've not tried that but have heard of other ladies doing this. I'd love to see the set you got ,so if u can post a link and/or picture, please do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dark concealer is used for contouring , it works best with foundation. Concealer  is meant to be used on small discolored areas (underneath the eyes, around the nose, on blemishes).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my Bare Escentuals mystery box, and I love it! Almost everything is useful to me, although it's not exactly what I expected (a few of the items differ from the list in my order confirmation that's also included in the box). The one thing that I can't imagine how I'll use is a bareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Concealer in Honey Bisque. I'm very fair-skinned and this could never be used as a concealer for me. Should I give it away or open it up and experiment? Anyone ever used a too-dark powder concealer for anything other than its original purpose?

If this is an item anyone's been looking for, PM me and maybe we can do a mini trade. Also, if anyone's curious about the rest of the box, I'm happy to post a list and picture! Anyone else have any mystery box conundrums or pleasant surprises?
I have never used too dark concealer but having to see it being used will be great. You should keep it with you because it may be very useful.

Latest posts

Back