Products that give a nice glow to your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this in but recently I've been looking for products that make my body/face glow/have a nice sheen to it. I've tried a couple of products but the ones I've tried don't really seem to have much of an effect.

So far I've tried:

On my face:

Maybelliene Dream Fresh BB Cream Instant Fresh Faced Glow (which I've found has a very minimal effect on my face)

Benefit's High Beam highlighter (I get the look I'm after only if I use a lot of it and because it's expensive I don't like to use too much in one go)

On my body:

Soap and Glory Glow Lotion-only seems to show up on my legs even though I apply it to my arms and chest area too

Garnier Body Oil Beauty Oil-Infused Nourishing Lotion

I also exfoliate my face and body a coupe of times a week. I'd be grateful if anyone here could share the products with me that they use to get a nice sheen/glow on their body and face. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have very dry skin so it would be good to get it glowing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Body Shop's Brush On Radiance gives a nice glow (very subtle). My sister has the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette as well as the blush version and she absolutely raves about how they give you a glow from within.

Are you going for a shimmer look? Dewy kind of glow? Generally I'd suggest bronzers to create a glow but I'm not sure whether that's what you mean or more of an allover look.

A soft scrub on face is very useful. I tried a delicate Gommage of Avène: very good. I got also a good result with Collistar Hydro-Serum perfect skin 24h.

Body Shop Vitamin E Luminous Face Cream. Has light-reflecting particals and gives an awesome "glowing from within" look, not a "eww she's greasy look". It's my HG daytime moisturizer.

Kate Somerville dido oil is amazing!! I never knew that my face could glow-- it makes my cheeks look slightly flushed. I'm obsessed with this product. I use it in place of my moisturizer. If your looking for a highlighter, I really like Laura mercier & Laura geller products.

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful replies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What about BB creams to help achieve that look? I don't use foundation because it clogs my skin up and I get "scales" after using it quite a lot on a regular basis. Since I've bought my BB cream I've more or less stopped using it. MaXFactor has brought a new one out, have any of you tried it? (I've forgot the name!)

I will definitely try out some of the recommendations. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HEALTHY GLOW!!

Hi Pinkangel!

i definitely have to recommend The Hangover by Lalogy. I used to be a big fan of Epicuren products becuase of the natural aspect of most of the products and the nice sheen they produced on my skin.. The downfall was that eventually i was made to realize that it was giving me a very very shiny almost fakey shine.. after overcoming my denial i realized that it was true..on top of that i started to see that although almost ALL natural, Epicuren wasnt still as natural as i would like..

Enter Lalogy. They are all natural/organic and demand one refrigerates them to keep their products as effective as possible! Lol it sounded fun, so i tried it.. on top of that the ingredients used within the hangover gives it this orange color and scent which i L O V E... i now have the healthy color and glow i've been yearning for. good luck with your search! =)

Latest posts

Back