Beauty Bloggers random talk~ (all about issues, ideas, debates and more)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veritazy

honest ranter
Reaction score
Another thread to highlight issues and things we encounter during our blogging life~  :luv:

- issues about disclaimers/affiliate links

- adverts and pop ups

- pesky people on the net? 

- random blogging stuff

The Beauty blogging tips/advice goes here

Excellent idea! The Memebox thread is already huge, it doesn't need extra padding about random blogger stuff  :laughno:

I wish that there was more conversation going on in this portion of the forum. I think there are lots of people here with plenty of knowledge to share. It just seems like there's mostly posting of blog links, instead of people taking advantage of the resources available. 

Right now, I'm trying to work on SEO for my blog. Not as difficult as I thought it would be, but I wish I would have started this when I started the site. I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble.

I wish that there was more conversation going on in this portion of the forum. I think there are lots of people here with plenty of knowledge to share. It just seems like there's mostly posting of blog links, instead of people taking advantage of the resources available. 
Yep, I agree.  Ppl in the beauty talk world know that MUT has a sizable reach and try to gain anything they can from adding links from MUT.  Little do they know that our software automatically use rel="nofollow" for specific links in posts.

So, my blog has been painfully neglected. Obviously some sort of schedule that I can stick to would help with this problem. But I was wondering about changing up my blog to be more than just reviews about boxes I open, since it gets painfully boring at times and because box reviews take a long time to write up, because I genuinely try to use the products inside before writing about them -- unless I know I would hate the item, of course.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I did all sorts of different posts on a schedule. For a rough idea, it would be something like (spoiler for length):

Sunday -- unboxing of any recent boxes (just pictures, advantage is that it keeps me up to date with my readers since there is a time lag with full reviews)

Tuesday -- product review (an in-depth review of a product)

Saturday -- box review (not necessarily the one I unboxed on Sunday; a review of all the products in the box akin to the ones I currently do)

Would that be too confusing, or otherwise unnecessary? Should I just stick to reviews whenever I make them? And if I do a full box review on something I've already done an unboxing post on, should I delete the unboxing post? Or should I edit the unboxing post and then instead post a link to the edited post? OR do I just make a new post entirely, and leave the unboxing post up?

Right now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do for my blog. I'm planning to open up my own indie makeup brand and not sure what to do blogging wise. Either I can keep my existing blog or start a new blog dedicated to my brand. I don't want to have to keep up with multiple blogs, but at the same time I feel a bit odd posting stuff about my line along side reviews of other products and whatnot.

Great thread!

It seem that my blog recently turned into a chronicle of my subscription addition rather than beauty blog with tips and product reviews it was meant to be. So, I'm trying to stir it back in that direction, or at least find some sort of balance. 

Right now, I'm trying to work on SEO for my blog. Not as difficult as I thought it would be, but I wish I would have started this when I started the site. I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble.
I agree. There are so interesting posts, but for the most part this section of the forum was painfully uninformative recently.

On a related note, I wish more was happening in the thread about photography. I'm trying to improve my photography skill and would love some tips and pointers.

So, my blog has been painfully neglected. Obviously some sort of schedule that I can stick to would help with this problem. But I was wondering about changing up my blog to be more than just reviews about boxes I open, since it gets painfully boring at times and because box reviews take a long time to write up, because I genuinely try to use the products inside before writing about them -- unless I know I would hate the item, of course.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I did all sorts of different posts on a schedule. For a rough idea, it would be something like (spoiler for length):

Sunday -- unboxing of any recent boxes (just pictures, advantage is that it keeps me up to date with my readers since there is a time lag with full reviews)

Saturday -- box review (not necessarily the one I unboxed on Sunday; a review of all the products in the box akin to the ones I currently do)

Would that be too confusing, or otherwise unnecessary? Should I just stick to reviews whenever I make them? And if I do a full box review on something I've already done an unboxing post on, should I delete the unboxing post? Or should I edit the unboxing post and then instead post a link to the edited post? OR do I just make a new post entirely, and leave the unboxing post up?
For want it's worth, I feel that schedule if more about self discipline than anything else. If I committed to posting on a specific days, I'm more likely to actually have that post ready hat day. Otherwise, procrastination takes over  :blush: . On the downside, if I'm rushed to deliver a post by certain date and don't have time to do a thorough job, quality of the post may suffer. 

Some people believe that posting specific content on a specific day makes it easy for readers who are interested in a specific content to check out your blog on a specific day, but I don't feel that it makes a lot of difference. 

Bottom line is, if you tend to procrastinate scheduling may help you to stay on track, but I don't feel it's necessary.

Right now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do for my blog. I'm planning to open up my own indie makeup brand and not sure what to do blogging wise. Either I can keep my existing blog or start a new blog dedicated to my brand. I don't want to have to keep up with multiple blogs, but at the same time I feel a bit odd posting stuff about my line along side reviews of other products and whatnot.
Sounds awesome! I'll keep an eye out for your brand. 

if i were in your shoes, i would probably just to the brand blog and ditch the other one just because you're now going to be a "competitor" against other indies..yanno? I would be sad to have to let go of a blog i worked on -- but now you have a new work baby to care for!

if i were in your shoes, i would probably just to the brand blog and ditch the other one just because you're now going to be a "competitor" against other indies..yanno? I would be sad to have to let go of a blog i worked on -- but now you have a new work baby to care for!
I get what you're saying. It might be hard for me just to leave the other one behind, but running a business by yourself means putting all of your time and effort into what you do. If I do make it, I don't think I'd be able to post on my old blog very often. Although, it would be easy to leave a blog with a small following behind in order to open up new opportunities.

I get what you're saying. It might be hard for me just to leave the other one behind, but running a business by yourself means putting all of your time and effort into what you do. If I do make it, I don't think I'd be able to post on my old blog very often. Although, it would be easy to leave a blog with a small following behind in order to open up new opportunities.
And you can/will always encourage that small following to follow you on your new adventure :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as I can tell, the best thing for SEO is just to write consistently. If you have new content popping up often, search engines will recognize you more. Is that what you're finding out?

I think this is a great idea! There are so many unboxings out there but very few actual reviews on the products. I try to include mini reviews with my unboxings, but sometimes after I've used the products for awhile, I have different things to say about them. I think posting your unboxings right away so people can see what you got and then waiting a few days to post an actual review sounds great.

Latest posts

Back