Julep: Trick or Treat Mystery Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious with all the mess of last month's mystery box if any of you are planning on purchasing the Trick & Treat Mystery box...the lack of a spoiler leaves me more than a bit apprehensive considering last month there were jewel like polish in the spoiler pic and none in the actual box.  Any body feeling lucky?

Nope. The description this time is extremely vague, and after getting expired product in the last mystery box, passing.

So who else is passing on this month's Mystery Box? I noticed on Julep's post that there are many people passing after last month's debacle. Julep's social media manager has said that they (Julep) have heard loud and clear from us so this month will be Halloween based. I've asked for some sneak peeks to be revealed since we know there are box variations but at least give us a view of what to expect.

The vague description is exactly why I'm more than a little put off about ordering one...that and being broke...but for once I don't feel all remorseful about missing a mystery box.

No way. Even if it's truly Halloween themed (crackle polishes ... yay) ... it probably wouldn't arrive in time for Halloween ...

They will probably have 1or 2 good ones just to try to look good, but I'm still not falling for it this time. Giving away 50 prizes really seemed to lure people in last month, so I feel like that's why they are doing the 100 this time. The prize pack will probably just be the pile wand and accessories + Halloween decals.

I was tempted for about five seconds by the nail kit prize, but there's no detail on what goes in that nail kit (though the Plie wand and the creativity kit are obvious parts of it). They just say 100 people will get one and it'll be worth $113 if considering all the products at full price. All the vague description and the disaster of a box I got last time = NO THANKS.

Besides, I got my Maven Box yesterday and will be getting a sale order and Secret Store order Thursday. I think I'm good on Julep until it's time to get my next Maven box--and that's if I decide I want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not tempted at all. Last month's disaster has put me off the mystery boxes until I see some improvement. But with the shipping taking a month and giving me the excuse that customs can delay it up to 4 weeks (that didn't happen before and my RRS order with nail polish came through rightaway), it's making me want to cancel after using my jules. 

So who else is passing on this month's Mystery Box? I noticed on Julep's post that there are many people passing after last month's debacle. Julep's social media manager has said that they (Julep) have heard loud and clear from us so this month will be Halloween based. I've asked for some sneak peeks to be revealed since we know there are box variations but at least give us a view of what to expect.
Zadidoll will you be purchasing after last month?

Zadidoll will you be purchasing after last month?
I'm going to be totally honest here. Yes, I've placed one in my cart along with two birth stone polishes but I haven't pulled the trigger to purchasing it. They returned my two $15 credits and issued it as one $30 credit plus the $10 off any $20 purchase would bring the total down to less than $2 out of pocket. HOWEVER, I'm on the fence about it. While they did indeed remove the old products from their website there is no guarantee that the mystery box won't contain old product. I want to just for the sake of seeing if they did listen to complaints or not but I don't want to waste $30 worth of credits on a box of junk again.

That is tempting on your end...I do believe I'll wait and see how you feel about the box before I consider one...I've yet to actually purchase one...the longer I wait the worse the news seems to be.  After last month I'm a bit paranoid...

I've kept up with the fiasco on your blog and the only thing keeping me from cancelling is I'm grandfathered into the old Maven...haven't ordered a Julep polish in about a year...but I still don't wanna give up the old Maven program...

I'm still on the fence, part of me wants to order the items to see if Julep listened to their customers but like I said, the other part does not want to waste the money on another mystery box.

I havent ordered one since the spring because they were just continuously crappy.

Even with them saying it's Halloween themed, that could mean anything.  You could say that any dark color fits the Halloween theme, bright yellows and oranges, black, white, and oh god the crackles...they will so be in there.  I highly doubt they will put the cool dark glitters or fun finish polishes in there (Beatrix, Max, Estelle, Patti).  And pretty much none of the beauty products fit a Halloween theme, so it will be whatever they are trying to get rid of.

I want to say I got a Halloween one last year, or some kind of Halloween kit and it had those cabochon rings and Halloween nail stickers.  That's the kind of stuff they give like a $10 value to, even though most of us think of them as "extras."  

I keep thinking of this as the flaming-bag-of-dog-poop mystery box. It *is* Halloween-themed: You get a trick, not a treat. So very not remotely tempted to order.

Latest posts

Back