Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EDIT: SIGN UPS ARE NOW OPEN, FOR MORE INFO ON HOW TO SIGN UP SEE HERE.

Because the Nails group was such an awesome success last year, I wanted to bring that group back now that the main Secret Santa has been announced. So without further a do, here is your 2014 Nails Secret Santa Thread.

This is similar to the regular Secret Santa except that the theme is situated around nail polish, nail products, etc.

The rules are simple, they're exactly the same as the main Secret Santa, except that the spending limit is lowered to $20 USD. (just like last year)

Secret Santa participation rules:
  • Members who participate must have a minimum of 50 posts by the 1st day of sign ups.
    Note: "drive by" posts ("hi!" or "I agree" type of posts) won't be counted. QUALITY posts. Get to chatting with your fellow MUT members, you'll be surprised how quickly you accumulate posts if you participate on the forums!

• Must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or negative trade ratings within the last 12 months.

• Sign ups for Secret Santa will begin Saturday, October 25 and last through Saturday, November 8. This is a TWO week window to sign up. This year we will be using Elfster. (I will update this post with the group link once I create it).
  • Note: Because we're using Elfster this year your real name will be used so please make sure you fill out in the nickname field your MUT username so we know who is who.

• Gifts must be sent out no later than December 1 for international exchanges and December 15 for domestic.
    Note: This will give you almost one month to shop and ship. For those participating in an international exchange please refer to the USPS or UPS site for details on when the deadline for shipping international happens to be. The international postal dates typically ends on or around December 1 to 3 which is why it's critical if you have an international Secret Santa giftee to mail your gift by those dates. For those within the US the cut off date is December 15 to ensure your SSG has the item by Christmas. You may ship earlier if you wish but please do not ship later then the cut off dates.Navy holiday mailing dates
  • UPS holiday mailing dates
  • USPS holiday mailing dates
  • Endicia holiday mailing dates

[*]Shipping priority is not mandatory however tracking is mandatory. If you use Paypal to ship there are 1st class options that may be less expensive and will typically include free tracking.

[*]A tracking # is mandatory. Tracking #s should be sent to Santa's Elf (TBD) for our records.
Note: International traders, tracking may or may be available however an export # will be issued which acts like a tracking #.

[*]Total gift value should be approximately $20.

[*]Item(s) must be NEW and never used, swatched or opened.

[*]Open to international traders HOWEVER note that gift receiver is responsible for any import fees, duties or taxes (if any). Also international shipping takes longer - up to 12 weeks depending on where the person lives and how it was mailed. (See rule for shipping deadlines.)
Note: If you would like to trade only within your country please state that.

[*]Once you sign up please do not back out as it will cause problems with the assignment list. If you do back out you may be prohibited from participating in future events.

[*]Forum username must be included somewhere on or in your gift to indicate who the gift is from. You may omit your real name if you so choose however do not omit your username.

[*]Posting photos of the gifts you receive is NOT mandatory however ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that you did receive the gift IS mandatory. You may or may not like the gift(s) sent HOWEVER please acknowledge that your gift was received so we may mark you off the list. I will post a list of everyone who is participating and will remove names as they acknowledge that they received their gift.
  • This is a swap exchange. As with all swap exchanges you are at risk for a Secret Santa to flake out and not send a gift at all. If you do not receive a gift by December 23 please let us know. This is why tracking is important. It is mandatory and it is an inexpensive way to prove that an item was sent. If you use Paypal to ship tracking is included even in first class shipping.

• ALLERGIES: If you have an allergy or sensitivity PLEASE let us know so we may inform your Secret Santa. Please note this will not guarantee that your Secret Santa will be able to prevent any reactions as some companies do not list all ingredients.

Happy Swapping, Stalking, and Shopping!

Love,

Nail Santa

Last edited by a moderator:
This was so fun last year! I hope that with the added rules, there won't be any hurt feelings.

Hmmmm I'm supposed to be studying for the MCATs but I just found out that I screwed up with the testing dates and I won't be able to take the old version of the test and the new version isn't coming around until March '15. So maybe I'll do the general secret santa this year too :3

Can I suggest one more thing? I know that we are only allowed to link up to 4 plugs in our signature -- can wishlists for the secret santa not count towards that? I think that will make it a little easier for everyone in case they want to create link to their wishlists.

Can I suggest one more thing? I know that we are only allowed to link up to 4 plugs in our signature -- can wishlists for the secret santa not count towards that? I think that will make it a little easier for everyone in case they want to create link to their wishlists.
I'm personally on board with this but this is something @@zadidoll will have to confirm. Also from my understanding, we will be able to make wishlists on Elfster? This is something I'll have to figure out when I play with it myself (before the sign up period, of course hahaha).

Stealing this idea from Zadi: Here are some of the names from last year's Secret Santa Nails group in case anyone from last year wants to participate and needs a reminder that sign ups are coming soon.

@@wrkreads

@@utgal2004

@@tulosai

@@trekkersangel

@@thebeverley3

@@tgooberbutt

@@StickyLips

@

@@secrethoarder

@@Sakura83

@@QueenJane

@@puppymomofthree

@

@@PeridotCricket

@@meaganola

@@nikkimouse

@@nicepenguins

@@Momma4

@@NittanyLionGRRL

@@makeitupasigo

@

@@LyndaV

@@luckyme502

@@Lolo22

@@Lily V

@@lemony007

@

@@latinafeminista

@kawaiimeows

@

@@jaylee78

@@Jac13

@@FrostKitty

@@FireNRice

@@DragonChick

@@DonnaD

@@Donna529

@@Christa W

@@chelsealady

@@bluelion

@@Animezing

@

@@alterkate

@@Alexia561

@@kawaiimeows

Thank you for the reminder. Do signups for the nails group start October 25th?

Edited: I should read before I post.
Hahah no worries :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've noticed a lot of people I tagged haven't been on in a while or didn't make it over from the old forum but hopefully we will get some new and old faces!

Latest posts

Back