kawaiimeows

Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

I'm an idiot and totally didn't realize signups started today. I've been out of town and forgot - I thought it was the 27th, LOL. So I'll get that ready and report back here.

• Like 1

Ok I'm a dork and I can't find it...when do sign ups close and when do we get out person?? I can't wait to shop shop shop!!

Sign ups close the eighth. I'll see what Zadi wants to do for a firm time cut off and then go from there since it won't take long to match up at all, as we have a small group.

Also I might add @ as an assistant (if she or another mod is willing) to do the matching up so that way I don't know who has me :)

Sign ups close the eighth. I'll see what Zadi wants to do for a firm time cut off and then go from there since it won't take long to match up at all, as we have a small group.

Also I might add @ as an assistant (if she or another mod is willing) to do the matching up so that way I don't know who has me :)

put me in, coach!

• Like 1

Okey dokey...for some reason I thought sign ups closed on the 4th....I must have been dreaming!!

Okey dokey...for some reason I thought sign ups closed on the 4th....I must have been dreaming!!

Hahah I actually double checked earlier just to make sure I wasn't out of the loop on something, but yeah Zadi actually bumped it up from the 15th to the 8th due to demand to start shopping early! So close yet so far.

I might not even need an assistant to draw names now that I think about it, if I just automatically generate the drawing then it might not show me (as an organizer) who got me? I'll have to read up on this some more before the close of sign ups.

One question that should probably be added to the survey is whether or not you'd like a heads up when your box is shipped so that you can be on the lookout for it.

And is it the 8th yet? I'm excited to go shopping and can't yet. This wait time is killing meeeeeeeee!

• Like 1

One question that should probably be added to the survey is whether or not you'd like a heads up when your box is shipped so that you can be on the lookout for it.

This is mandatory this year. You can have a friend send the PM with the tracking number or you can find someone willing to elf in the Sugar Plum Fairy Lounge

Edited by kawaiimeows
  • Like 1

This is mandatory this year. You can have a friend send the PM with the tracking number or you can find someone willing to elf in the Sugar Plum Fairy Lounge

Cool. I know it's a question in the other SS questionnaire, but I didn't see it in the nails one. Or it's also too early, the coffee hasn't kicked in and I missed it somewhere. *runs off to drink all the coffee*

• Like 1

Cool. I know it's a question in the other SS questionnaire, but I didn't see it in the nails one. Or it's also too early, the coffee hasn't kicked in and I missed it somewhere. *runs off to drink all the coffee*

It might very well in that questionnaire, I just took our questionnaire straight from the one last year.

I'm already in the regular SS but was thinking about joining this one as well.  I just was unsure: would I then have two separate elfster wish lists?  Or would everything just be all connected into one account and one wish list?  Hoping thats clear...

• Like 1

I'm already in the regular SS but was thinking about joining this one as well.  I just was unsure: would I then have two separate elfster wish lists?  Or would everything just be all connected into one account and one wish list?  Hoping thats clear...

You can make a separate wishlist for both but have both groups have access to them. Or just have one wishlist, but have it set so both groups have access to it. You can set the viewing permissions by individual wishlist in Elfster.

• Like 2

Hmmm ... that really is a good question.  I have multiple wishlists on Elfster, relating to different types of nail polishes.  I will need to make sure the nails swap has access to them all.

You can make a separate wishlist for both but have both groups have access to them. Or just have one wishlist, but have it set so both groups have access to it. You can set the viewing permissions by individual wishlist in Elfster.

Thanks for the reply.  It's a lot easier for me to just have one since I've already added some polishes to my wish list. I'll just make sure it's visible for both groups.  I'm excited to join!  

• Like 1

All the mini's I ordered over the past week or so have arrived.  OMG.  They're all gorgeous and the bottles are so cute.  I keep telling myself I am not going to buy more nail polish for this exchange until after signups are over and I find out what my giftee likes.  We'll see how that goes.

• Like 3

All the mini's I ordered over the past week or so have arrived.  OMG.  They're all gorgeous and the bottles are so cute.  I keep telling myself I am not going to buy more nail polish for this exchange until after signups are over and I find out what my giftee likes.  We'll see how that goes.

Who's the maker? Just out of curiousity. :)

• Like 1

ILNP was having a sale yesterday, but I talked myself out of it. I think that was the most successful thing about last year's exchange -- being scared that I would somehow buy something my Santa would buy for me so not buying anything. Also I bought the last three EP monthly polishes so who knows what those look like.

I'm so excited to go shopping, though! I love a good challenge!

• Like 1

Soooo I finally made my Elfster wish lists. And oh boy!!! They are wishes, lol. I can't wait to get my Lady.

• Like 4

I have totally gone over the $20 limit--by $1. The mini polishes I bought for my giftee came out to around $21. I am totally pretending the shipping cost does not exist--because that's how it's supposed to be in an exchange--but also because in addition to my $42 total (I couldn't buy such gorgeous polishes for my giftee without getting 1 of each for myself) shipping was close to $20. I'm glad I have a crap-ton of unused polishes in my collection that I intended to use but have come to realize I never will. Woohooo for decluttering and giving a gift at the same time.

• Like 2

I have totally gone over the $20 limit--by $1. The mini polishes I bought for my giftee came out to around $21. I am totally pretending the shipping cost does not exist--because that's how it's supposed to be in an exchange--but also because in addition to my $42 total (I couldn't buy such gorgeous polishes for my giftee without getting 1 of each for myself) shipping was close to $20. I'm glad I have a crap-ton of unused polishes in my collection that I intended to use but have come to realize I never will. Woohooo for decluttering and giving a gift at the same time.

This is totally what I do too. Obviously it exists but its definitely not necessary to count it IMO.

That's one thing I love about nail polish, its so easy to pass on unused or lightly used stuff, and just allows you to beef up the gift that much more!

I've been super excited about doing the nails group again because 1) because i love how small it is so you get to know everyone involved and 2) i love having a narrow theme because i'm so indecisive! hahaha.

• Like 1

I got really confused and could have sworn my town had a marshall's (where i previously found ciate), but i ended up at ross where i got the ciate and forumla x polish. after googling i think there is a marshall's in the same area? now i want to venture over there tomorrow and see if they have any more awesome polish. my ross also had some opi minis but i didn't want to go too over board this early hahaha.