zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

I got shipping on my last outstanding order! Once that arrives I'll be able to take stock and figure out what I still need. I started to get worried that my girl already has something I bought her, but it's something that I think it will be fine to have extras of so I'm not too worried.

Oh, and I started my crafty thing. It's looking okay so far!

• Like 3

Yikes, I COMPLETELY FORGOT about one two of the orders I placed and am still waiting on until I was just going through my person's wishlist and saw what I had marked as purchased!  Uh...  I should probably stop shopping.  At least for now.  And also:  LOVE that mark-as-purchased feature on Elfster.  I am making ALL SORTS of mental notes for Midsummer.

• Like 5

I forget who mentioned curly haircuts but it is so important to make sure the stylist knows how to cut it right. My mom is a hair stylist so she is usually the only person who cuts my hair. She definitely built up her experience... lol. If they cut it wrong your hair curls weird. I'm too lazy to get it cut often though. So sometimes I'll grow it out long and other times I'll chop it off. 

I also want to say my secret santa last year was @@JC327 and I loved everything I got. Especially the cool German products. I think it's safe to say whoever gets JC327 this year as their secret santa is a lucky santee!!

I live in an area where I can find some Korean make up products... so I think I'm going to be adding some to my santee's box. 

• Like 6

I finally got a shipping notice for my last order. Once it arrives I will start wrapping everything and I'll ship it out (hopefully by 12/1). Pretty happy about the things I picked out for her, so I hope she loves everything.

To my santa, I'm sorry I don't post much. Hopefully my lists help you get to know my tastes a bit. Feel free to ask me questions on Elster if you're unsure about anything. Please know that I don't expect anything on my lists and I know I will love whatever you send me. :)

• Like 3

I think I'm basically done shopping! I can't decide if I want to wait for Black Friday in case the main gift comes up on sale at Sephora (unlikely!) I *wouldve* waited for those $15/$20 off $50 gift cards from Sephora but I think it might be cutting it too closely. Don't worry Elfie, I'll hook you up.

• Like 2

I can't believe it's almost time for the shipping window to start and for reveals to start trickling in, most likely daily!  I'm breaking out my holiday nail wraps next week.  I have peppermint-striped ones, some that look like a Christmas sweater with moose and snowflakes, a set of red plaid with gold accents (definitely not my favorites, but I think I might wear them first just to get them out of the way), and some really cute gold-and-cream ones that have REINDEER on them!  Plus here are a few December SquareHue polishes I absolutely adore but that I only wear during December.

But now, it's caffeination and _How to Get Away With Murder_ (I'm about four eps behind!  No spoilers, please!) (also, how epic is Viola Davis' eye makeup in that show?  It kind of mesmerizes me every time she's onscreen) time, and then I'll go on a grocery run (if it wasn't for the fact that I only have enough milk to get through the weekend, I would put it off until next weekend, but the milk supply is low, so I *have* to go this weekend).  I *might* head out to IKEA for another bookcase, but I might get out there and change my mind when I see the parking lot, and I might just put it off entirely until January.  Oh, and I have a bag of cds and dvds that really need to go to a used disc store.

Man, the thrilling life of a middle-aged woman in the medium-sized hipsterrific city.  So excite.

• Like 2

Yay, I was able to pick up one more item from your wishlist, Santee, because of the awesome Ulta free ship/coupon/sale thing yesterday!

• Like 1

Since the shipping window is coming up, Santa, I should mention that you can take your time shipping mine. I won't be home from college until about December 17th. (And I didn't want to give you my college address because on the off chance something happens and it shows up after I leave, I won't be able to come back and get it until late in January.)

Anyway, happy wrapping!

Does anyone else in their 40s (since I can't imagine anyone else having both of these things in their media consumption history) watch _How to Get Away with Murder_?  Is it just me, or does Wes bear a striking resemblance to C. Thomas Howell in blackface in _Soul Man_?  I think it's the hair that just nails it into place for me.  It's actually kind of distracting.

ETA:  Ooh, I was just looking for some lip balm, and instead, I found TWELVE DOLLARS!  And *then* I remembered about the still-sealed Lemon Meringue lip balm from For Goodness Grape I happen to have!  Best Saturday of the month!

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 4

I made my first indie purchase for my Secret Santa! I hope she loves it. If I were into this/these type/s of product/s, I would love it/them. :D

Edited by jocedun
  • Like 3

I am excited for this winter. I'm going to a Hobbit themed xmas party. :D
I don't know what to dress up as since I don't want to buy clothes... 

Probably just a hobbit lol

• Like 7

Yay, done with grocery shopping!  And an unplanned purchase:  Windshield wipers.  I realized that the ones I had were the ones that came with the car when I bought it -- in 2007.  You're apparently supposed to replace them once every six *months*, not every seven *years*.  Oops.  It's a good thing I don't live in Portland where it rains all of the time.  Oh.  Wait...

Anyway.  We have rain!  It's hot-beverages-all-day weather!  Now I have one kitty in kittyloaf position on the floor glaring at me for no apparent reason and one kitty OH SO CASUALLY curled up next to me with his back legs and tail OH SO CASUALLY tucked up against my leg.  I love it when it's a little bit cool in my apartment and these two get snuggly.  Last weekend, I stretched out on the futon, and I had one curled up on my legs, and the other was curled up on my chest.

(But now, I'm going to go work on the Secret Lair for a while.  I really want to just kick back and watch Hulu, but I also really want to get that room completely straightened out before the end of the year if at all possible.  And also maybe find a few things I seem to have lost *somewhere* in my apartment that I really hope I didn't toss out!)

• Like 2

Hi Santa! Just a note -- I'll be leaving for vacation on Dec 17. I'd love if you dropped a note with tracking since no one will be around to grab my mail for me and I'm doing a mail hold!

Edited by usofjessamerica

I forget who mentioned curly haircuts but it is so important to make sure the stylist knows how to cut it right. My mom is a hair stylist so she is usually the only person who cuts my hair. She definitely built up her experience... lol. If they cut it wrong your hair curls weird. I'm too lazy to get it cut often though. So sometimes I'll grow it out long and other times I'll chop it off. 

I also want to say my secret santa last year was @@JC327 and I loved everything I got. Especially the cool German products. I think it's safe to say whoever gets JC327 this year as their secret santa is a lucky santee!!

I live in an area where I can find some Korean make up products... so I think I'm going to be adding some to my santee's box. 

I agree its so important to know how to cut curly hair. My hair dresser cuts my thin and curly hair dry and it has made such a difference.

Thanks youre so sweet! It was definitely a pleasure shopping for you.

I think your Santee will love getting Korean products!

Two of my SeSa packages came today. So excited! I am going to stop after work and pick up a few little things and some wrapping paper and then I will be all done (mainly because the BF is freaking out about all the money I have been spending. Oops lol)

• Like 2

Yay, done with grocery shopping!  And an unplanned purchase:  Windshield wipers.  I realized that the ones I had were the ones that came with the car when I bought it -- in 2007.  You're apparently supposed to replace them once every six *months*, not every seven *years*.  Oops.  It's a good thing I don't live in Portland where it rains all of the time.  Oh.  Wait...

Anyway.  We have rain!  It's hot-beverages-all-day weather!  Now I have one kitty in kittyloaf position on the floor glaring at me for no apparent reason and one kitty OH SO CASUALLY curled up next to me with his back legs and tail OH SO CASUALLY tucked up against my leg.  I love it when it's a little bit cool in my apartment and these two get snuggly.  Last weekend, I stretched out on the futon, and I had one curled up on my legs, and the other was curled up on my chest.

(But now, I'm going to go work on the Secret Lair for a while.  I really want to just kick back and watch Hulu, but I also really want to get that room completely straightened out before the end of the year if at all possible.  And also maybe find a few things I seem to have lost *somewhere* in my apartment that I really hope I didn't toss out!)

I need new wipers AND tires. I hate my SUV at times - each tire is at least $250. I need two new tires though I should replace all four. Anyone have $1,000 laying around? LOL

• Like 1

I need new wipers AND tires. I hate my SUV at times - each tire is at least $250. I need two new tires though I should replace all four. Anyone have $1,000 laying around? LOL

I have turned in three of my 4 leased cars early to avoid paying for tires.  (The only one to get new shoes was the Nissan cube -- b/c those tires were only about 50 cents each. LOL.)

• Like 1

I have turned in three of my 4 leased cars early to avoid paying for tires.  (The only one to get new shoes was the Nissan cube -- b/c those tires were only about 50 cents each. LOL.)

I think I ran out of likes for the day. I have a cube and didn't even have to get the cheapest tires last time for the first time ever! I got the ones that matched! LOL!

I really like my cube, its so roomy that I don't mind sitting in the back every once in a while.

• Like 1

My mechanic blew my mind when I asked for new wipers.  He told me that with my Honda I should never buy new wipers.  As long as I keep the factory wiper blades they just need to replace the rubber part which is 4-5 dollars.  Big-O-tires has been selling me whole new blades for years for 20 bucks.   <_<

• Like 1

Just a reminder that the enablers thread is a great place to stretch your budget! We've been a bit absent lately but with hubby gone I know that at least I can start posting there more often again.

• Like 3

I think I ran out of likes for the day. I have a cube and didn't even have to get the cheapest tires last time for the first time ever! I got the ones that matched! LOL!

I really like my cube, its so roomy that I don't mind sitting in the back every once in a while.

My cube transported over 200 dogs in its lifetime.  At one point I had 9 in there -- in crates of various sizes.  That car held SO much.  I upgraded to AWD this year b/c I have to be able to get to my mom in case she needs something.  But I loved that cube -- and all of the funny looks people gave it.  I had a white one, but in retrospect I should have gone with the chocolate/eggplant.  Mine looked too much like a mail truck!  (PS -- Her name was Sugar Cube.)

• Like 1

My cube transported over 200 dogs in its lifetime.  At one point I had 9 in there -- in crates of various sizes.  That car held SO much.  I upgraded to AWD this year b/c I have to be able to get to my mom in case she needs something.  But I loved that cube -- and all of the funny looks people gave it.  I had a white one, but in retrospect I should have gone with the chocolate/eggplant.  Mine looked too much like a mail truck!  (PS -- Her name was Sugar Cube.)

We went up to Los Angeles to pick up some merchandise from China and we were so scared it would not fit. We took rope and our roof bag and soft surf board rack and magically everything fit inside. We had literally and inch to spare.

You should see the faces people make when my 6'5'' husband steps out!

Edited by wadedl
  • Like 1