zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Too much curling ribbon?? The travesty...lol

I know right!  I usually end up raiding all of the stores after Christmas to pick up all the ribbons to use in the next year.  No sense in paying full price :)

• Like 1

I am also of the no such thing as too much curling ribbon variety.

I usually do wrapping paper candy style for like lip products and such...but this year I was at Michael's and there was a red Chinese take-out box on clearance and I grabbed it and am planning to use it for a couple products that I have  that are awkwardly shaped!

• Like 5

Dear little Santee of mine,

I wanted to confess something-my family and I are taking our yearly pilgrimage to the Potter motherland, known as Universal Orlando. Anywho, I needed a snack and the potato chip chuao bar I bought you at Target today was staring at me. I think I even heard it whisper my name..

So, I threw it in my bag and hopped in the car. I forgot about it until I reached in my bag to grab a phone charger. And it was over..I tore that wrapper open like I was Charlie looking for a golden ticket. You'll be happy to know that I did share the bar with my husband and kids. So, here I am feeling incredibly guilty. I then thought hey, stop feeling guilty. I could pick up a box of Bertie Beans, or a chocolate frog for you...but do you even like Harry Potter???

• Like 14

I can't wait till I know who my Santa is so I can reverse stalk and shop for them (thank you gift).  I love buying presents, giving presents.  I am like Oprah but on a way smaller budget!  "You get a present and you get a present!"

And @Miss Roe Are there people who do not like Harry Potter?  I read the books (have not seen the movies) and would love to have anything from there (even if not food related, don't they have where you can mail someone something?) as it is unlikely I will ever go unless I decide to compete for BEST AUNT EVER!

• Like 8

Final 24 hours for the squid waitlist, Requests received after 5PM PST tomorrow will not be considered.

I am one of the few that has no interest in Harry Potter :unsure:

@@MissRoe By Potter motherland, I was totally lost. My first thought was a huge pots and pans store lol.

I am not alone!! I have never seen/read Harry Potter..or Star Wars or lord of the rings and am just not interested in it. Edited by chaosintoart
  • Like 1

I wanted to confess something-my family and I are taking our yearly pilgrimage to the Potter motherland, known as Universal Orlando. Anywho, I needed a snack and the potato chip chuao bar I bought you at Target today was staring at me. I think I even heard it whisper my name..

So, I threw it in my bag and hopped in the car. I forgot about it until I reached in my bag to grab a phone charger. And it was over..I tore that wrapper open like I was Charlie looking for a golden ticket. You'll be happy to know that I did share the bar with my husband and kids. So, here I am feeling incredibly guilty. I then thought hey, stop feeling guilty. I could pick up a box of Bertie Beans, or a chocolate frog for you...but do you even like Harry Potter???

As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with Harry Potter or frogs.

• Like 3

I am one of the few that has no interest in Harry Potter  :unsure:

@@MissRoe  By Potter motherland, I was totally lost.  My first thought was a huge pots and pans store lol.

Really? No interest?? Like, not at all? No worries, I didn't get into HP until the very last movie was coming out.

A pots and pan store-I would be happy for an all expense paid shopping trip to the Le Creuset store!! Lol!! You are too funny @@Megan27ist

• Like 2

Last night I finished wrapping and boxed everything up. It's ready to go, but I'm still debating whether I should send it now or wait until closer to christmas...what to do, what to do...

Send it now! Send it now!

• Like 3

I have not gotten into Harry Potter (though not against getting anything HP related), which seems weird since I am a book person. I have been helping my friend with his book selling business for years and have always just avoided HP. I remember when they were coming out, I ran a Kill Hannah message board (an awesomely dancetastic Chicago band!) and I frequented a Jade Puget (of the band AFI) message board and HP was like all these girls talked about, and yet I still did not jump on the bandwagon.

Present 2 of ?.  I have a theme that requires my Santee to open in a particular order. :) Coming soon to a mailbox near you... ;)

post-93023-0-05074600-1417574144_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I wish my main present would ship already ): I want to get it so i can wrap it and figure out if/what else I can fit in the box. I have another few things I want to pick up, but the box I picked is too small and I already got carried away.

The simplest solution might be just to get a bigger box BUT I SPENT SO LONG TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE OPENING IT A GIFT-LIKE EXPERIENCE I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT THE EXPERIENCE WITH A BIGGER (read: more difficult) BOX. ;A;

I hope everything I already ordered and haven't received yet at least fits.....

• Like 5

I love Harry Potter!  Those are the books I reach for when I'm having a bad day.  

To my santee:  I didn't get your gift shipped today.   :(   I was really tired and did't get your letter finished.  Tomorrow!  

• Like 4

I wish my main present would ship already ): I want to get it so i can wrap it and figure out if/what else I can fit in the box. I have another few things I want to pick up, but the box I picked is too small and I already got carried away.

The simplest solution might be just to get a bigger box BUT I SPENT SO LONG TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE OPENING IT A GIFT-LIKE EXPERIENCE I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT THE EXPERIENCE WITH A BIGGER (read: more difficult) BOX. ;A;

I hope everything I already ordered and haven't received yet at least fits.....

I keep adding things.  I think I may actually have to remove some stuff so it fits in the box I have.  

On the plus side, it's going to be a very well packed box, lol.

• Like 3

I keep adding things.  I think I may actually have to remove some stuff so it fits in the box I have.  

On the plus side, it's going to be a very well packed box, lol.

Yeah, I'm basically using no additional padding other than the paper (+inside padding) and the birchbox soft shells... I'm a little nervous, but i'm hoping all the stuff is going to make it less likely to move ergo break anything. But I mean, nothing is ever guaranteed. Sometimes, the weirdest things break, even when they're packaged nicely against everything else.

• Like 2

2w2lrh3.jpg

Put under spoiler incase pic is too large. Not sure I uploaded this right but I'm super excited. Santee Santee dear Santee, I've begun wrapping part 1 (still adding more parts) of your gift. My original thought was to do a winter wonderland/white Christmas theme but when I went to pick out wrapping my little girl insisted on this theme instead. Still working on my DIY craft and shopping but just a little sneak peek to get in the spirit :)

• Like 12

I am actually re-reading Harry Potter now. The holidays make me think of it for some reason.

I finished my crafty thing! And dear Santee, I apologize but my theme is it fits in the box! love gift wrap, but I need to sacrifice my love of packaging in order to get everything to fit. I am testing the limits of a large flat rate box!

• Like 4

I am actually re-reading Harry Potter now. The holidays make me think of it for some reason.

HP is so thoroughly a holiday series to me that I've been saving some HP eyeshadow I picked up in March for this month:

http://www.dailylovelies.com/collections/witches-and-wizards-collection

The photos and swatches do not do these justice *at all*.  Bummer for everyone else that they're closed until something like February!  The owner is a new mom who very sensibly shut things down while she deals with a newborn.

• Like 3

I hear the butter beer is excellent...

• Like 2

<- I am dressed up as "Harriet Potter" for Halloween lol...

HARRY POTTER IS MY JAM!!! lol 

The theme song is my ringtone. and I am not ashamed! I've wanted to go to the Harry Potter theme park forever but I has no monies D:

I live vicariously through others! 

I am still trying to figure out what to get for her my santee's main gift... there are soo many things I want to get her!!!!!

• Like 7