zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

I'm so peeved with the USPS right now...JUST BRING ME MY GIRL"S GIFT, ugh.

USPS is so messed up right now. I have three packages in transit-two said they should be delivered yesterday and one said it should have been delivered Wednesday. None of them were delivered today and none of the tracking has updated since Wednesday. 

Still waiting on two final gifts to show up. It seems like shipping is so slow! I'm starting to get nervous, even though I placed the orders in plenty of time. I'm ready to get this stuff wrapped, packed up, and sent on its way. 

To my Santa, please feel free to ship at any time. I have no holiday travel plans. 

Hi ladies. I'm not sure who to tell this to, but I am in the hospital and it may delay when my presents go out. They are already wrapped and boxed so I'm going to ask my brother to mail them for me. Can an elf message me so I know who to contact in the event I cannot get them out in time?

I hope you feel better soon!  

Still waiting on two final gifts to show up. It seems like shipping is so slow! I'm starting to get nervous, even though I placed the orders in plenty of time. I'm ready to get this stuff wrapped, packed up, and sent on its way. 

To my Santa, please feel free to ship at any time. I have no holiday travel plans. 

Me tooooo. I'm waiting for Ulta to ship my Cyber Monday order...it's the last piece I need!

• Like 1

USPS is so messed up right now. I have three packages in transit-two said they should be delivered yesterday and one said it should have been delivered Wednesday. None of them were delivered today and none of the tracking has updated since Wednesday. 

Yeah, I have one that was supposed to be delivered today, in Indiana...but the tracking hasn't moved since the 2nd in Texas. UGHHH.

I got my Santee's last gifts today! Woo hoo! I went to the store earlier and picked out a bunch of paper and tags and I basically can't wait.

Am I the only weirdo who plans on giving a mini-description of why I chose each item? I guess since I don't really have a theme, I want my girl to know what what going through my head while I shopped.

• Like 9

Hi ladies. I'm not sure who to tell this to, but I am in the hospital and it may delay when my presents go out. They are already wrapped and boxed so I'm going to ask my brother to mail them for me. Can an elf message me so I know who to contact in the event I cannot get them out in time?

Hugs and prayers coming your way!!  :hugs3:

I got my Santee's last gifts today! Woo hoo! I went to the store earlier and picked out a bunch of paper and tags and I basically can't wait.

Am I the only weirdo who plans on giving a mini-description of why I chose each item? I guess since I don't really have a theme, I want my girl to know what what going through my head while I shopped.

I'm planning on doing this too! Part of it is me wanting to explain--no, trust me, I know this wasn't explicitly on your list, but I really did stalk you and think you would like this!

• Like 1

I know many of you are crafty, so I have a question.

Do you, or anyone you know, make hats?  My dog ate the pom off of my most favorite hat ever!  I still have the hat, so I can do measurements, but I am clueless as to how to get it reproduced.  (It was a a gift from an ex BF's mother and I do not want to reopen that can of worms, but I'm desperate and have considered it.)  I've looked on etsy, but nothing quite fits the bill.

I love having a hat that will hold a top-knot and still have a lot of 'give'.

Thanks ladies!

@  Did he just eat the pom pom?  Or is some of the hat missing too?  Also, is it knitted, crocheted or a fabric hat?  Or something else?

• Like 1

I know many of you are crafty, so I have a question.

Do you, or anyone you know, make hats?  My dog ate the pom off of my most favorite hat ever!  I still have the hat, so I can do measurements, but I am clueless as to how to get it reproduced.  (It was a a gift from an ex BF's mother and I do not want to reopen that can of worms, but I'm desperate and have considered it.)  I've looked on etsy, but nothing quite fits the bill.

I love having a hat that will hold a top-knot and still have a lot of 'give'.

Thanks ladies!

Ooh, I need a hat that holds a top-knot, too.  My hair is the longest I think it has *ever* been in my entire life, and it spends most of its time up in a knot/twist/bun/whatever gets it *up*. 

In related news, I'm thinking about going back to short next year.  I kind of want to return to my pixie cut, but that looks weird on me with my preferred eyeliner/shadow approach, so I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.  If anyone in the Portland/Vancouver can suggest a salon, I am very much interested in recs!  I've been going to Rudy's Barber Shop since it opened.  I was lucky enough to be living in Seattle in 1992, which is where and when it started, and I've just never moved on to a Real Grown-up Salon.

(In related news, my neighborhood has officially moved into developing-hipster neighborhood and not just hipster-tourist:  We now have a whiskey barber shop.  Wait.  No.  We now have TWO of them.  Within a few blocks of each other.  One of them is part of a chain that has locations on Hawthorne, Alberta, and Mississippi as well as in Los Angeles.  I expect a pot shop to come next summer since recreational marijuana will be legal in July.)

• Like 3

One of my santee's gift arrived and it was soooooo tiny. It is a gift set, and i expected it to be full sized. But it ends up just a box the size of a foil package. So i will be returning it, and using the money to get something more substantial instead. 

@ Did he just eat the pom pom? Or is some of the hat missing too? Also, is it knitted, crocheted or a fabric hat? Or something else?

He ate the pom. :( And now it looks like something is missing. I'm not in love with the color, so I would love an upgrade, lol. It's made with yarn -- does that mean crochet or knit? (See, not totally crafty -- I can sort of paint, but nothing realistic.) I'll add a pic below here in a sec..

post-113885-0-17176900-1417890325_thumb.jpg

Edited by MyKidsHave4Legs

He ate the pom. :( And now it looks like something is missing. I'm not in love with the color, so I would love an upgrade, lol. It's made with yarn -- does that mean crochet or knit? (See, not totally crafty -- I can sort of paint, but nothing realistic.) I'll add a pic below here in a sec..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It looks like it is a knit hat.  I'm sure you could find someone to make a similar one for you.  If you don't find someone on here, definitely try contacting Etsy sellers with similar items.  A lot of people are willing to do custom stuff but don't want to pay to list possible custom items.  

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Making a replacement Pom is pretty easy, I promise. There's a few different ways but the hand wrapping method used here http://www.prettyquirkypants.com/2012/07/20/diy-cowl-scarf-pom-pom/ (not affiliated at all, just the first pic I saw that showed how simple it was) is probably going to give you one of the right fluffiness & you can always trim it down to the right dimensions if it's too top heavy.

Although it sounds like you're happy to find someone to make you a new one in a color more to your liking, I figured this might tide you over until you do. Plus, if your pup ate one pompom, odds are good that no Pom is safe from his reign of terror in the future, so it's probably a good skill to have!

• Like 3